Shortcut to Seamonkey

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Shortcut to Seamonkey

Virginia-10
I have Firefox set as my default browser in Windows XP. My husband
prefers Seamonkey. I put a shortcut on the desktop that opens his work
webmail, but it opens with Firefox. Is there any way to get that
shortcut to open with Seamonkey instead?

Virginia
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shortcut to Seamonkey

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Virginia wrote:
> I have Firefox set as my default browser in Windows XP. My husband
> prefers Seamonkey. I put a shortcut on the desktop that opens his work
> webmail, but it opens with Firefox. Is there any way to get that
> shortcut to open with Seamonkey instead?
>
> Virginia

make a copy of the icon he uses to start SM.  Now, right click on it and
select Properties.  At the end of target add a space then the website,
so it looks something like this:

"C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" www.hotmail.com

that should do it.  You can rename that icon to whatever you want to.

--
Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  And only
click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one.  Thanks!

Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shortcut to Seamonkey

Michael Gordon
In reply to this post by Virginia-10
Virginia created this reply On 5/17/2007 11:46 PM
> I have Firefox set as my default browser in Windows XP. My husband
> prefers Seamonkey. I put a shortcut on the desktop that opens his work
> webmail, but it opens with Firefox. Is there any way to get that
> shortcut to open with Seamonkey instead?
>
> Virginia
>  
Hello Virginia,

If your husband does not have a SeaMonkey icon on the desktop then all
you need do is open Windows Start/Programs/SeaMonkey and right click on
the SeaMonkey icon there and send the icon as a Shortcut to the
desktop.  When he clicks on the SeaMonkey icon on the desktop it will
open his SeaMonkey and use his preferences.

Michael

--
Armadillo Web Design
Opening your door of opportunity

Armadillo Web Design
www.armadilloweb.com

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

SeaMonkey
www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shortcut to Seamonkey

Virginia-10
In reply to this post by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> Virginia wrote:
>> I have Firefox set as my default browser in Windows XP. My husband
>> prefers Seamonkey. I put a shortcut on the desktop that opens his work
>> webmail, but it opens with Firefox. Is there any way to get that
>> shortcut to open with Seamonkey instead?
>>
>> Virginia
>
> make a copy of the icon he uses to start SM.  Now, right click on it and
> select Properties.  At the end of target add a space then the website,
> so it looks something like this:
>
> "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" www.hotmail.com
>
> that should do it.  You can rename that icon to whatever you want to.

The shortcut that's on the desktop has no target. It has a Web Document
tab where the URL of the webmail account is in the URL field. I tried
changing that field to the one that you suggested, but it doesn't work,
I guess because it's not a URL anymore. I created the shortcut by
dragging a bookmark in SeaMonkey to the desktop. It works fine, except
that it opens Firefox instead of SeaMonkey. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Virginia

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shortcut to Seamonkey

Virginia-10
In reply to this post by Michael Gordon
Michael Gordon wrote:

> Virginia created this reply On 5/17/2007 11:46 PM
>> I have Firefox set as my default browser in Windows XP. My husband
>> prefers Seamonkey. I put a shortcut on the desktop that opens his work
>> webmail, but it opens with Firefox. Is there any way to get that
>> shortcut to open with Seamonkey instead?
>>
>> Virginia
>>  
> Hello Virginia,
>
> If your husband does not have a SeaMonkey icon on the desktop then all
> you need do is open Windows Start/Programs/SeaMonkey and right click on
> the SeaMonkey icon there and send the icon as a Shortcut to the
> desktop.  When he clicks on the SeaMonkey icon on the desktop it will
> open his SeaMonkey and use his preferences.
>
> Michael

There is already a SeaMonkey icon on the desktop. I want to create a
desktop shortcut that opens a website address using SeaMonkey.
Currently, the shortcut that I created opens the website address with
Firefox because it is my default browser, at least that's what I think.
Thanks for your reply though.

Virginia
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shortcut to Seamonkey

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Virginia wrote:

> Michael Gordon wrote:
>> Virginia created this reply On 5/17/2007 11:46 PM
>>> I have Firefox set as my default browser in Windows XP. My husband
>>> prefers Seamonkey. I put a shortcut on the desktop that opens his
>>> work webmail, but it opens with Firefox. Is there any way to get that
>>> shortcut to open with Seamonkey instead?
>>>
>>> Virginia
>>>  
>> Hello Virginia,
>>
>> If your husband does not have a SeaMonkey icon on the desktop then all
>> you need do is open Windows Start/Programs/SeaMonkey and right click
>> on the SeaMonkey icon there and send the icon as a Shortcut to the
>> desktop.  When he clicks on the SeaMonkey icon on the desktop it will
>> open his SeaMonkey and use his preferences.
>>
>> Michael
>
> There is already a SeaMonkey icon on the desktop. I want to create a
> desktop shortcut that opens a website address using SeaMonkey.
> Currently, the shortcut that I created opens the website address with
> Firefox because it is my default browser, at least that's what I think.
> Thanks for your reply though.
>
> Virginia

you're not listening to what people are telling you.  Using a bookmark
icon is different than using the program icon.  Both Michael and myself
are talking about the icon you use to start SM, not the icon to some
bookmarked website.

try this: On the desktop, right click and select New, Shortcut, then
browse to the seamonkey.exe file which is located in the SM program
directory.  Once you have it, follow the instructions I gave you in the
other posting.

--
Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  And only
click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one.  Thanks!

Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shortcut to Seamonkey

Virginia-10
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> Virginia wrote:
>> Michael Gordon wrote:
>>> Virginia created this reply On 5/17/2007 11:46 PM
>>>> I have Firefox set as my default browser in Windows XP. My husband
>>>> prefers Seamonkey. I put a shortcut on the desktop that opens his
>>>> work webmail, but it opens with Firefox. Is there any way to get
>>>> that shortcut to open with Seamonkey instead?
>>>>
>>>> Virginia
>>>>  
>>> Hello Virginia,
>>>
>>> If your husband does not have a SeaMonkey icon on the desktop then
>>> all you need do is open Windows Start/Programs/SeaMonkey and right
>>> click on the SeaMonkey icon there and send the icon as a Shortcut to
>>> the desktop.  When he clicks on the SeaMonkey icon on the desktop it
>>> will open his SeaMonkey and use his preferences.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>
>> There is already a SeaMonkey icon on the desktop. I want to create a
>> desktop shortcut that opens a website address using SeaMonkey.
>> Currently, the shortcut that I created opens the website address with
>> Firefox because it is my default browser, at least that's what I think.
>> Thanks for your reply though.
>>
>> Virginia
>
> you're not listening to what people are telling you.  Using a bookmark
> icon is different than using the program icon.  Both Michael and myself
> are talking about the icon you use to start SM, not the icon to some
> bookmarked website.
>
> try this: On the desktop, right click and select New, Shortcut, then
> browse to the seamonkey.exe file which is located in the SM program
> directory.  Once you have it, follow the instructions I gave you in the
> other posting.

Beautiful! You are right. I didn't follow your original instructions. If
I had read them more carefully maybe I would have gotten it right the
first time. Thanks again.

Virginia
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general