Shield studies opt out

Michal Stanke-2
Hi.

We came out to this SUMO article
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/shield and we cannot find the opt
out option "Allow Firefox to install and run studies" in the repository,
nor Firefox itself. Is this something for English only at this moment?
--
Michal

Re: Shield studies opt out

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Yes, Shield is not localized yet, and there's an open discussion on how
to localize about:studies.

That string is currently hard coded.
http://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/aa1343961fca52e8c7dab16788530da31aab7c8d/browser/extensions/shield-recipe-client/lib/ShieldPreferences.jsm#110

Francesco
> Hi.
>
> We came out to this SUMO article
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/shield and we cannot find the opt
> out option "Allow Firefox to install and run studies" in the
> repository, nor Firefox itself. Is this something for English only at
> this moment?

Re: Shield studies opt out

Joni Savage
Hi Michal,

Thanks for bringing this up. I asked the Shield team and they said that the
pref to opt out hasn't been localized yet but that's planned for version
58. Right now, the way to opt out in other locales is to opt out of all
data collection in general. Users won't see a switch specific to Shield
until version 58.