Sharing google photos

The Real Bev
DAMN I hate google photos.  It won't create a link I can use to share
stuff with whomever I want, it insists on sending an invitation to
individual people.  NOT what I want to do.

Picasa used to be SOOO good for this stuff, and then google destroyed
it.  Has anybody figured out how to do what I want?

I tried photobucket, and it takes a little more practice to do it -- but
so does google photos.

DAMN!!!

Oh yeah.  Happy Thanksgiving.

--
Cheers, Bev
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Re: Sharing google photos

geo.inbox.ingored

On 11/25/2016 01:08 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
> DAMN I hate google photos.  It won't create a link I can use to share
> stuff with whomever I want, it insists on sending an invitation to
> individual people.  NOT what I want to do.
>
> Picasa used to be SOOO good for this stuff, and then google destroyed
> it.  Has anybody figured out how to do what I want?
}}

gaagle is very good at destroying just about any and every thing it can.

except for their association with NSA.

> I tried photobucket, and it takes a little more practice to do it -- but
> so does google photos.
>
> DAMN!!!
>
> Oh yeah.  Happy Thanksgiving.
}}

did you have a fun day 'forking your bird'?

have found when wanting to save a photo that does not have a link to it,
right click, select an option. problem is the quality of photo used to
show an image on a page. most are low rez.

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8
KDE 4.3.4

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
=+=
=+=

Re: Sharing google photos

Ray_Net
The Real Bev wrote on 25-11-16 08:08:

> DAMN I hate google photos.  It won't create a link I can use to share
> stuff with whomever I want, it insists on sending an invitation to
> individual people.  NOT what I want to do.
>
> Picasa used to be SOOO good for this stuff, and then google destroyed
> it.  Has anybody figured out how to do what I want?
>
> I tried photobucket, and it takes a little more practice to do it --
> but so does google photos.
>
> DAMN!!!
>
> Oh yeah.  Happy Thanksgiving.

I use the website my ISP give me - So I upload my photos there by ftp
and send a mail with the link to access it.
If the number of photos are great I used this web-album-generator
http://www.uploadalbum.com/
then I upload by ftp the album directory and send a mail with the url of
the index.htm file telling my friend to give me the photo-name, So I can
send the original photo.

Re: Sharing google photos

Bob Main
On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 23:08:36 -0800, The Real Bev <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>DAMN I hate google photos.  It won't create a link I can use to share
>stuff with whomever I want, it insists on sending an invitation to
>individual people.  NOT what I want to do.
>
>Picasa used to be SOOO good for this stuff, and then google destroyed
>it.  Has anybody figured out how to do what I want?
>
>I tried photobucket, and it takes a little more practice to do it -- but
>so does google photos.
>
>DAMN!!!
>
>Oh yeah.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Try this:
Create an Album (Probably one photo will do)
Click on Share
Of course, it will give you a list of people to pick from, but at the bottom
of the dialog box there is an Icon with one of those funky "Chain" logos in
it.  Click the Link icon and, magically, Google will generate a e-mailable
link to your "Album"

Cheers

Re: Sharing google photos

The Real Bev
On 11/25/2016 08:35 AM, Bob Main wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 23:08:36 -0800, The Real Bev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>DAMN I hate google photos.  It won't create a link I can use to share
>>stuff with whomever I want, it insists on sending an invitation to
>>individual people.  NOT what I want to do.
>>
>>Picasa used to be SOOO good for this stuff, and then google destroyed
>>it.  Has anybody figured out how to do what I want?
>>
>>I tried photobucket, and it takes a little more practice to do it -- but
>>so does google photos.
>>
>>DAMN!!!
>>
>>Oh yeah.  Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> Try this:
> Create an Album (Probably one photo will do)
> Click on Share
> Of course, it will give you a list of people to pick from, but at the bottom
> of the dialog box there is an Icon with one of those funky "Chain" logos in
> it.  Click the Link icon and, magically, Google will generate a e-mailable
> link to your "Album"

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

PERFECT assuming it works.  I sent a link to some friends as a test.
I'm literate, I really don't deal well with icons :-(  WTF does a chain
mean?

--
Cheers, Bev
   "I don't think they could put him in a mental hospital.

Re: Sharing google photos

Christian Riechers-3
On 11/25/2016 05:35 PM, Bob Main wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 23:08:36 -0800, The Real Bev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> DAMN I hate google photos.  It won't create a link I can use to share
>> stuff with whomever I want, it insists on sending an invitation to
>> individual people.  NOT what I want to do.
>>
>> Picasa used to be SOOO good for this stuff, and then google destroyed
>> it.  Has anybody figured out how to do what I want?
>>
>> I tried photobucket, and it takes a little more practice to do it -- but
>> so does google photos.
>>
>> DAMN!!!
>>
>> Oh yeah.  Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> Try this:
> Create an Album (Probably one photo will do)
> Click on Share
> Of course, it will give you a list of people to pick from, but at the bottom
> of the dialog box there is an Icon with one of those funky "Chain" logos in
> it.  Click the Link icon and, magically, Google will generate a e-mailable
> link to your "Album"
>
> Cheers

In case it isn't obvious, this is about Google Photos.
https://photos.google.com/

I use it, primarily for photos taken with the phone. It works very well
for me, including the sharing via link.

There is nothing which prevents you from using Picasa. I also still use
it for sorting and adjusting photos shot with the real camera.
You'd then just need to upload them to Google Photos via browser.

Re: Sharing google photos

The Real Bev
On 11/27/2016 02:55 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:

> On 11/25/2016 05:35 PM, Bob Main wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 23:08:36 -0800, The Real Bev <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> DAMN I hate google photos.  It won't create a link I can use to share
>>> stuff with whomever I want, it insists on sending an invitation to
>>> individual people.  NOT what I want to do.
>>>
>>> Picasa used to be SOOO good for this stuff, and then google destroyed
>>> it.  Has anybody figured out how to do what I want?
>>>
>>> I tried photobucket, and it takes a little more practice to do it -- but
>>> so does google photos.
>>>
>>> DAMN!!!
>>>
>>> Oh yeah.  Happy Thanksgiving.
>>
>> Try this:
>> Create an Album (Probably one photo will do)
>> Click on Share
>> Of course, it will give you a list of people to pick from, but at the bottom
>> of the dialog box there is an Icon with one of those funky "Chain" logos in
>> it.  Click the Link icon and, magically, Google will generate a e-mailable
>> link to your "Album"

That was REALLY useful.

> In case it isn't obvious, this is about Google Photos.
> https://photos.google.com/
>
> I use it, primarily for photos taken with the phone. It works very well
> for me, including the sharing via link.
>
> There is nothing which prevents you from using Picasa. I also still use
> it for sorting and adjusting photos shot with the real camera.
> You'd then just need to upload them to Google Photos via browser.

Yup.  Picasa offers just about all the editing capability that I'm
interested in.  If I want more I'll fire up gimp, but the last time was
months ago.  It's the display at the website itself that's most
annoying.  I don't think that captions transfer from computer to site,
but I need to check that.  In any case, they're near-invisible unless I
missed something.

Time marches on, but generally NOT in the direction I'd prefer :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
   "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in

Re: Sharing google photos

Christian Riechers-3
On 11/27/2016 05:50 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 11/27/2016 02:55 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:
>> On 11/25/2016 05:35 PM, Bob Main wrote:
>>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 23:08:36 -0800, The Real Bev
>>> <[hidden email]>

>>> Try this:
>>> Create an Album (Probably one photo will do)
>>> Click on Share
>>> Of course, it will give you a list of people to pick from, but at the
>>> bottom
>>> of the dialog box there is an Icon with one of those funky "Chain"
>>> logos in
>>> it.  Click the Link icon and, magically, Google will generate a
>>> e-mailable
>>> link to your "Album"
>
> That was REALLY useful.
>
>> In case it isn't obvious, this is about Google Photos.
>> https://photos.google.com/
>>
>> I use it, primarily for photos taken with the phone. It works very well
>> for me, including the sharing via link.
>>
>> There is nothing which prevents you from using Picasa. I also still use
>> it for sorting and adjusting photos shot with the real camera.
>> You'd then just need to upload them to Google Photos via browser.
>
> Yup.  Picasa offers just about all the editing capability that I'm
> interested in.  If I want more I'll fire up gimp, but the last time was
> months ago.  It's the display at the website itself that's most
> annoying.  I don't think that captions transfer from computer to site,
> but I need to check that.  In any case, they're near-invisible unless I
> missed something.

I haven't tried captions from Picasa with Google Photos yet.
But they do transfer from Picasa to Flickr.

> Time marches on, but generally NOT in the direction I'd prefer :-(

It's not all bad.

Re: Sharing google photos

Terry
On 11/24/2016 11:08 PM On a whim, The Real Bev pounded out on the keyboard

> DAMN I hate google photos.  It won't create a link I can use to share
> stuff with whomever I want, it insists on sending an invitation to
> individual people.  NOT what I want to do.
>
> Picasa used to be SOOO good for this stuff, and then google destroyed
> it.  Has anybody figured out how to do what I want?
>
> I tried photobucket, and it takes a little more practice to do it -- but
> so does google photos.
>
> DAMN!!!
>
> Oh yeah.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Someone already gave you one answer, but I just click on a photo and
select the Share icon, which opens a box. At the top it says To, below
it with suggestions of recently used email addresses, and below that are
other icons.  The chain icon is "Get link", which gives you what you're
looking for.

Terry