Setting "Mail & Newsgroups" as home page?

Setting "Mail & Newsgroups" as home page?

jetjock
Can this be done?  If so, how?  I'm asking because I've started using FF
3 as browser so would like to set Moz Suite to open in Mail & Newsgroups.

Re: Setting "Mail & Newsgroups" as home page?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
jetjock wrote:
> Can this be done?  If so, how?  I'm asking because I've started using FF
> 3 as browser so would like to set Moz Suite to open in Mail & Newsgroups.

are you talking about if you click on the home button in FF
3, it will open the Moz Mail? If so, then no.

If you mean when you click on the Moz icon, you want the
mail to open? If so, then yes.  Right click on the icon,
Properties, and under Shortcut tab, look for target.  At the
end of that line, add a space, then a dash, and the word
mail, so you have something like this:

"C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\mozilla\mozilla.exe" -mail

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> jetjock wrote:
>
>> Can this be done?  If so, how?  I'm asking because I've started using
>> FF 3 as browser so would like to set Moz Suite to open in Mail &
>> Newsgroups.
>>

> are you talking about if you click on the home button in FF 3, it will
> open the Moz Mail? If so, then no.

Yes, that is what I was asking.  :-(

> If you mean when you click on the Moz icon, you want the mail to open?
> If so, then yes.  Right click on the icon, Properties, and under
> Shortcut tab, look for target.  At the end of that line, add a space,
> then a dash, and the word mail, so you have something like this:
>
> "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\mozilla\mozilla.exe" -mail

However, the above works perfectly.  Many thanks Grant.  :-)

Re: Setting "Mail & Newsgroups" as home page?

Paul B. Gallagher
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> jetjock wrote:
>
>> Can this be done?  If so, how?  I'm asking because I've started using
>> FF 3 as browser so would like to set Moz Suite to open in Mail &
>> Newsgroups.
>>

> are you talking about if you click on the home button in FF 3, it will
> open the Moz Mail? If so, then no.
>
> If you mean when you click on the Moz icon, you want the mail to open?
> If so, then yes.  Right click on the icon, Properties, and under
> Shortcut tab, look for target.  At the end of that line, add a space,
> then a dash, and the word mail, so you have something like this:
>
> "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\mozilla\mozilla.exe" -mail

Or you can do it from inside Mozilla:

Edit | Preferences | Appearance:

When Mozilla starts up, open...
[ ] Navigator