Quantcast

Self Introduction

Hasra Harithaki
Hi,
My name is Hasra Harithaki and my IRC nick on
irc.mozilla.org is Harithaki. I'm from Sri Lanka.
Currently I'm a 3rd year computer engineering student
at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I would like
contribute to the open source community of bugzilla.
I have experiences in back-end and front-end developments.
I'm new to open source and I'm hoping to start with the
Good-first-bugs in Bugzilla. I would like to get some help
on finding a bug to start with.

Thank you,
Hasra Harithaki
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<https://lists.bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists+s6506n84121h51@...>

Re: Self Introduction

Dylan Hardison
Welcome to the Bugzilla project!

Getting a dev environment set up is very important -- and has gotten
easier recently!
I wrote a blog post that describes getting one set up:
http://dylanwh.tumblr.com/post/144277013247/developing-bugzilla-with-plackup-and-cpanminus
(this will be folded into the regular documentation as soon as I find a moment)

If you don't have a linux environment, let me know and we can work with that.

After you get a dev env set up, try taking a look at one of the bugs in
this list: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3Dbugzilla%20mentor%3Adylan%40mozilla%20assignee%3Abugzilla.bugs&list_id=13099224

There's only three there -- but don't worry, those are just the ones
that I think someone should start out on.
Once you've got one patch submitted the second and subsequent ones are
much easier.

Feel free to ask questions -- my irc nick is dylan and I'm in the
#bugzilla channel during typical-ish US/Eastern daytime hours (handy
timezone view: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=5,100,1248991&h=5&date=2016-7-5&sln=8-19)
-

On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 9:54:53 AM UTC+5:30, Dylan Hardison wrote:

> Welcome to the Bugzilla project!
>
> Getting a dev environment set up is very important -- and has gotten
> easier recently!
> I wrote a blog post that describes getting one set up:
> http://dylanwh.tumblr.com/post/144277013247/developing-bugzilla-with-plackup-and-cpanminus
> (this will be folded into the regular documentation as soon as I find a moment)
>
> If you don't have a linux environment, let me know and we can work with that.
>
> After you get a dev env set up, try taking a look at one of the bugs in
> this list: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3Dbugzilla%20mentor%3Adylan%40mozilla%20assignee%3Abugzilla.bugs&list_id=13099224
>
> There's only three there -- but don't worry, those are just the ones
> that I think someone should start out on.
> Once you've got one patch submitted the second and subsequent ones are
> much easier.
>
> Feel free to ask questions -- my irc nick is dylan and I'm in the
> #bugzilla channel during typical-ish US/Eastern daytime hours (handy
> timezone view: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=5,100,1248991&h=5&date=2016-7-5&sln=8-19)
> -
> To view or change your list settings, click here:
> <https://lists.bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=dev-apps-bugzilla@...>

Thank you for your quick reply. I have built the Firefox source code in windows. So are there any specific links that I should follow?
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<https://lists.bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists+s6506n84121h51@...>

Re: Self Introduction

Dylan Hardison
Aww, there has been a misunderstanding. This mailing list is for
bugzilla -- the bug tracking tool / webapp which is used
on bugzilla.mozilla.org.

It seems that you want to work on firefox -- so you'll want to follow
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Contribute/Firefox
I'm not competent to help you with that adventure, sorry!

Best of luck!

-