Select Box look and feel not changed on size attribute

Select Box look and feel not changed on size attribute

Guntupalli Santhi
Hi,
 I have Select Box  with multiple and size enabled. Dynamically i am
enabling and disabling of select box based another form element check
box.  Without the size attribute for Select Box, it is able to get
disabled (it is graying out),  by the java script as like this. I

function check(dsableIt){
if(dsableIt == true)
document.getElementById("sel").disabled = true;
else
document.getElementById("sel").disabled = false;
}

If i set the size attribute with multiple=multiple to the Select Box,
i am not able to select the options (expected behavior) but look and
feel wise there is no difference, i.e select box is not getting grayed
out as like without size attribute?
How come size attribute is making the difference in the graying out
the Select Box. Is it the expected behavior?
But my requirement is select box also should gray out . Is there
anyway i get the look of feel of disabled for the select box using
CSS? Please any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
gs

Re: Select Box look and feel not changed on size attribute

Neil-4
[hidden email] wrote:

>If i set the size attribute with multiple=multiple to the Select Box, i am not able to select the options (expected behavior) but look and feel wise there is no difference, i.e select box is not getting grayed out as like without size attribute?
>How come size attribute is making the difference in the graying out the Select Box. Is it the expected behavior?

No, this is a bug.

>But my requirement is select box also should gray out . Is there anyway i get the look of feel of disabled for the select box using CSS? Please any help is highly appreciated.

select[multiple][size][disabled] {
    color: GrayText;
    background-color: ThreeDFace;
    cursor: inherit;