Bugzilla - Users
only in this topic
Seeking guidance :)
Open this post in threaded view
Seeking guidance :)
I have recently started working with Bugzilla in order to customize it to
our needs, since everyone is talking about the fact that this tool is
extraordinary in that aspect.
I will be explaining what I am trying to achieve, what I have done so far
and I will appreciate any guidance from you who are more experienced with
We want to have a public domain and a private domain under the same product.
· People in the Public domain can create a bug after selecting a
product, they can see the bugs in the public domain.
· People in the Private domain can see the bugs created in the
· People in the Public domain cannot see bugs in the private domain.
· People in the Private domain can create bugs and have the option
to restrict them to the private domain.
· Not all people in the private domain can submit create bugs in
the Public domain, however these people should be able to create bugs in
the Private domain.
· All people in the Private domain can clone bugs from public
domain to private domain.
What did we try:
We thought this could be handled with the appropriate group access control
For the sake of testing:
· We created a product (Product1).
· We created 4 groups (Public, Private, Private_submitter,
· This is the group access control for Product1 :
This configuration does most of what we want above except the cloning part
, not giving the right to enter bugs seems to block the cloning.
What I have done here was copying enter_bug.cgi making the link use my new
.cgi file which I called duplicate.cgi in which I have removed the check
for the user enterable_products.
That allowed me to bypass the error message and be able to get to the bug
form after clicking “ Clone this bug” link, however when I submit it to
post_bug.cgi it seems to block the creation again.
This is where I ended up second guessiong the approach and requiring an
Am I using the correct approach to achieve what I have explained above?
Could you please guide me if there is a better approach?
support-bugzilla mailing list
in the To: field when you reply.
Return to Bugzilla - Users
1 view|%1 views
Free forum by Nabble
Edit this page