Searching through inbox

moonsw89
Hi,

I'm very inexperienced in Thunderbird extension development. I'm developing a Thunderbird extension for a group project, and I went over the tutorial to become more familiar with developing extensions in Thunderbird.
Right now, I want to open a new window, search through the inbox, and display some information contained in the email header on the newly opened window.
I'm able to open a new window, but I have not gotten far with searching through the inbox and displaying the info on the new window.
If anyone can give me some suggestions, it would really be appreciated. Thanks!