Seamonkey and pdf files

Jeffrey Needle
I was unable to download a pdf file with Seamonkey today.  Is this a
known issue?  SM just froze.  I had to start IE (yuck!!!) to get the file.

Re: Seamonkey and pdf files

Jeff Beal
Jeff Needle wrote:
> I was unable to download a pdf file with Seamonkey today.  Is this a
> known issue?  SM just froze.  I had to start IE (yuck!!!) to get the file.

Which platform and Acrobat version are you using?  I've been viewing PDF
files on Windows XP with Acrobat Reader 7 with no problems.

--
Jeff Beal

Re: Seamonkey and pdf files

Jeffrey Needle
Jeff Beal wrote:
> Jeff Needle wrote:
>> I was unable to download a pdf file with Seamonkey today.  Is this a
>> known issue?  SM just froze.  I had to start IE (yuck!!!) to get the
>> file.
>>

> Which platform and Acrobat version are you using?  I've been viewing PDF
> files on Windows XP with Acrobat Reader 7 with no problems.

I'm using XP and whatever the latest version of Acrobat.  The problem is
that the download wouldn't start at all.  I didn't know if the .pdf file
extension was tying up SM.

It may just have been a server problem on the other side.

SeaMonkey and PDF files

Juhani Tenhunen
I, too, have Acrobat 7 and XP. When I close the PDF file in SM Mail, the
return to the inbox takes an abnormally long time with the current SM
1.0a/1.0b versions.

Regards, Juhani Tenhunen

Jeff Needle wrote:

> Jeff Beal wrote:
>> Jeff Needle wrote:
>>> I was unable to download a pdf file with Seamonkey today.  Is this a
>>> known issue?  SM just froze.  I had to start IE (yuck!!!) to get the
>>> file.
>>>

>> Which platform and Acrobat version are you using?  I've been viewing
>> PDF files on Windows XP with Acrobat Reader 7 with no problems.
>>
> I'm using XP and whatever the latest version of Acrobat.  The problem
> is that the download wouldn't start at all.  I didn't know if the .pdf
> file extension was tying up SM.
>
> It may just have been a server problem on the other side.

Re: Seamonkey and pdf files

Chris Thomas-3
Jeff Needle wrote:
> I was unable to download a pdf file with Seamonkey today.  Is this a
> known issue?  SM just froze.  I had to start IE (yuck!!!) to get the file.

When SM freezes for me and I'm doing anything with PDFs, I find it
sometimes helps to kill the AcroRd32.exe process and reload any
tabs/windows with PDFs in them.

-Chris

Re: Seamonkey and pdf files

Jeffrey Needle
Chris Thomas wrote:

> Jeff Needle wrote:
>> I was unable to download a pdf file with Seamonkey today.  Is this a
>> known issue?  SM just froze.  I had to start IE (yuck!!!) to get the
>> file.
>>
> When SM freezes for me and I'm doing anything with PDFs, I find it
> sometimes helps to kill the AcroRd32.exe process and reload any
> tabs/windows with PDFs in them.
>
> -Chris

Thanks, I'll try that.