Seamonkey 2.14 - odd line ending character

Seamonkey 2.14 - odd line ending character

Lars Erdmann
Hallo,

I guess this has been discussed before but I don't remember the solution:
I have this odd line ending character on each line end (it's this odd
glyph that displays a "0101" icon) in many but not all of the emails.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Lars

Re: Seamonkey 2.14 - odd line ending character

Dave Yeo-3
larsAlt wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I guess this has been discussed before but I don't remember the solution:
> I have this odd line ending character on each line end (it's this odd
> glyph that displays a "0101" icon) in many but not all of the emails.

It's actually a LF issue, also sometimes tabs get a similar missing icon.

> Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Downgrade to Warp 4 :) Not really sure what the issue actually is,
dimtri considers it an issue with DOS vs *nix line endings but I
disagree as all emails should have DOS style line endings and there is
also the TAB issue where instead of expanding the tab, we get the
missing glyph icon with CTRL-I rather then LF. It also shows up on some
pages. Interestingly the issue does not happen of Warp 4+all free fixes,
only eCS here. I've learned to ignore them for now as every idea I've
had didn't help.
Dave

Bob

Re: Seamonkey 2.14 - odd line ending character

Bob
I don't know if its relevant but I have two font problems on my ecs 2.1 systems.
In IBM Works the Courier font does a kind of double space. Each character has a
'space' before it, but you cannot access that space. In DeScribe Courier looks
ok on the screen but prints crammed right up, almost overlapping. I don't know
at what stage this started to happen but I think ecs 1 and 2.0 were OK.

Regards

Bob

Bob wrote:
> I don't know if its relevant but I have two font problems on my ecs 2.1
> systems. In IBM Works the Courier font does a kind of double space. Each
> character has a 'space' before it, but you cannot access that space. In
> DeScribe Courier looks ok on the screen but prints crammed right up,
> almost overlapping. I don't know at what stage this started to happen
> but I think ecs 1 and 2.0 were OK.

Interesting. I don't have access to anything between Warp V4 and eCS
2.1. Does anyone use an older eCS and have the missing glyphs?
Dave