SeaMonkey frozen for 1.0 final

Robert Kaiser
Hi localizers,

I want to inform you that we (SeaMonkey Council) have frozen our source
code for the SeaMonkey 1.0 release.
As you might have seen from messages in the last weeks, we took a small
number of tweaks as late-l10n changes since beta. IIRC, no other changes
than the localeVersion change should really break a working SeaMonkey
1.0 Beta language pack on final, but as the changes are very small, we'd
be happy if you'd pick up those for your own language packs as well.

All builds with a "27-Jan-2006" (or later) date in the directory
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/contrib/latest-mozilla1.8.0/
should have identical locale resources to what we want to ship as our
final release. Once all of today's builds are there, we'll do some final
testing and QA on those candidate builds - and if all goes well, we
might ship them unchanged.

Note that one of the last changes we took was pointing software update
to a real URL, which is
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/updates/en-US.rdf for
en-US builds. Please point to the same URL in your language pack, with
only the "en-US" part changed to your language code. We'll copy the
en-US.rdf to a file for your language for now. For later releases, we
will update the version part as fitting.

With you being able to start preparing language packs some time before
the final release (which is expected in the next few days), I hope we
can serve you as good as possible (without supporting source L10n yet).

Greetings,

Robert Kaiser
on behalf of the SeaMonkey Council

Re: SeaMonkey frozen for 1.0 final

Robert Kaiser
Hi again,

As you can see from the time I'm writing this (5:30am here), it's been a
long night for me, but for a good reason:

We have released SeaMonkey 1.0 today!

Additionally, I've been busy in preparing and releasing the German L10n
for this first stable version as well, which could happen in sync with
en-US this time.
I'd like to encourage you to localize the application as well, for
getting your versions up on mozilla.org, please follow the usual process
of submitting to this group/list and MLP staff.
Please take care of my previous note about the updates RDF file as well
when doing your L10n work.
Thanks.

I hope this version will work well - hopfully soon as well in many
different languages,

Robert Kaiser
on behalf of the SeaMonkey Council

Re: SeaMonkey frozen for 1.0 final

knocte
Robert Kaiser escribió:
> We have released SeaMonkey 1.0 today!

Hello. Congratulations for this release!

Just one question: are there plans to host SeaMonkey l10n trees in CVS
in the future? (So as to automate the installer generation process, as
is happening right now for Firefox and Thunderbird.)

Regards,

        Andrés [ knocte ]

Andrés G. Aragoneses schrieb:
> Robert Kaiser escribió:
>> We have released SeaMonkey 1.0 today!
>
> Hello. Congratulations for this release!
>
> Just one question: are there plans to host SeaMonkey l10n trees in CVS
> in the future? (So as to automate the installer generation process, as
> is happening right now for Firefox and Thunderbird.)

Yes, this is planned, but will not happen before SeaMonkey 1.5, as it
needs some bigger restructuring of our source code.
I'm curently working on the first needed steps for it though
(re-integrating "region" packs into language packs).

So, for now, we have to stick to the "old way" of doing things, but
we're working on improving the situation :)

Robert Kaiser

Re: SeaMonkey frozen for 1.0 final

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez
Andrés G. Aragoneses escribió:
> Robert Kaiser escribió:
>> We have released SeaMonkey 1.0 today!
>
> Hello. Congratulations for this release!
>
> Just one question: are there plans to host SeaMonkey l10n trees in CVS
> in the future? (So as to automate the installer generation process, as
> is happening right now for Firefox and Thunderbird.)

Yes, Andrés, it's planned for Seamonkey 1.5 (currently in the trunk),
which is roughly scheduled for Q1 2007. More info has been given in
m.d.a.seamonkey, but as we're both part of NAVE, if you're interested
we can exchange some mails. :-)

Regards.

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?