SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

Mozilla - General mailing list
Any else have a problem with this page in SeaMonkey

http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen

It has a lot of warnings and errors in the W3C checkers (HTML & CSS)
-- 
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 10/10/2019 12:00, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> Any else have a problem with this page in SeaMonkey
>
> http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen 
> <http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen?fbclid=IwAR0D4wfQzcFuDtEUjHG4bS_yD9SYtpvmWybRQ7vU6aDmQC7QS6g0P2TEsgY>
>
>

Even in FF version: 52.8.x the page doesn't load.  Chrome and Edge loads
just fine.

[ alt-no ] <https://i.imgur.com/aWYen9T.png>


> It has a lot of warnings and errors in the W3C checkers (HTML & CSS)

How about writing to the police department to say what the problem is
and also offer them the help to revamp the page to comply with W3C
standard.   For a fee, of course!!!


--
With over 1,000,000 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

Jeff Layman
In reply to this post by Mozilla - General mailing list
On 10/10/19 12:00, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:

> Any else have a problem with this page in SeaMonkey
>
> http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen
> <http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen?fbclid=IwAR0D4wfQzcFuDtEUjHG4bS_yD9SYtpvmWybRQ7vU6aDmQC7QS6g0P2TEsgY>
>
> It has a lot of warnings and errors in the W3C checkers (HTML & CSS)
>
> --
> "This is America!  You can't make a horse
>    testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

The page appears to display ok in Pale Moon and FF, although the tab is
untitled in both.

--

Jeff
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

Wolf K.
On 2019-10-10 08:38, Jeff Layman wrote:

> On 10/10/19 12:00, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
>> Any else have a problem with this page in SeaMonkey
>>
>> http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen
>> <http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen?fbclid=IwAR0D4wfQzcFuDtEUjHG4bS_yD9SYtpvmWybRQ7vU6aDmQC7QS6g0P2TEsgY>
>>
>>
>> It has a lot of warnings and errors in the W3C checkers (HTML & CSS)
>>
>> --
>> "This is America!  You can't make a horse
>>    testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed
>
> The page appears to display ok in Pale Moon and FF, although the tab is
> untitled in both.

FF 60.9.0 esr doesn't like it either. I unblocked ads and turned off
Privacy Badger for this site, still no joy.

I agree with your suspicion that the site has serious problems. Do you
use NoScript? If so, try disabling it for this site.


--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
You are who you intend to be. (Kurt Vonnegut)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

WaltS48-9
In reply to this post by Mozilla - General mailing list
On 10/10/19 7:00 AM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> Any else have a problem with this page in SeaMonkey
>
> http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen 
> <http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen?fbclid=IwAR0D4wfQzcFuDtEUjHG4bS_yD9SYtpvmWybRQ7vU6aDmQC7QS6g0P2TEsgY>
>
> It has a lot of warnings and errors in the W3C checkers (HTML & CSS)
>

How does one get there from <http://www.missingkids.org/>?

If I shorten the URL you posted to <http://www.missingkids.org/poster/>
I get this message.

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /poster/.html on this server."

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

Mozilla - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Mozilla - General mailing list
On 10/10/2019 7:00 AM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> Any else have a problem with this page in SeaMonkey
>
> http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen
> <http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen?fbclid=IwAR0D4wfQzcFuDtEUjHG4bS_yD9SYtpvmWybRQ7vU6aDmQC7QS6g0P2TEsgY>
>
> It has a lot of warnings and errors in the W3C checkers (HTML & CSS)
> --
> "This is America!  You can't make a horse
>  testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

Just tried Micro$soft Edge - same results as SeaMonkey

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 10/10/2019 15:20, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> Just tried Micro$soft Edge - same results as SeaMonkey

Have you tried Microsoft Edge?   No problem on my machine.   I have
never heard of "Micro$soft Edge".  It must be some cloned/forked version
of Microsoft Edge like your SeaMonkey which is a clone of Mozilla
Firefox.   You should really stick with kosher browsers.

[ alt-no ] <https://i.imgur.com/bXNa468.png>


What is the version of your "Micro$soft Edge".  This might tell us
something about it.

--
With over 1,000,000 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

Jeff Layman
In reply to this post by Wolf K.
On 10/10/19 14:14, Wolf K wrote:

> On 2019-10-10 08:38, Jeff Layman wrote:
>> On 10/10/19 12:00, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
>>> Any else have a problem with this page in SeaMonkey
>>>
>>> http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen
>>> <http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen?fbclid=IwAR0D4wfQzcFuDtEUjHG4bS_yD9SYtpvmWybRQ7vU6aDmQC7QS6g0P2TEsgY>
>>>
>>>
>>> It has a lot of warnings and errors in the W3C checkers (HTML & CSS)
>>>
>>> --
>>> "This is America!  You can't make a horse
>>>     testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed
>>
>> The page appears to display ok in Pale Moon and FF, although the tab is
>> untitled in both.
>
> FF 60.9.0 esr doesn't like it either. I unblocked ads and turned off
> Privacy Badger for this site, still no joy.
>
> I agree with your suspicion that the site has serious problems. Do you
> use NoScript? If so, try disabling it for this site.

Pale Moon is 28.7.1, FF is 69.0.1, both in Mint 19.2x64. I don't use
NoScript. I can't say I've /ever/ seen a tab without a title. That is
very strange.

--

Jeff
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

Mozilla - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Mozilla - General mailing list
On 10/10/2019 10:20 AM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
On 10/10/2019 7:00 AM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
Any else have a problem with this page in SeaMonkey

http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen
<http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AMBER/30334/11545/screen?fbclid=IwAR0D4wfQzcFuDtEUjHG4bS_yD9SYtpvmWybRQ7vU6aDmQC7QS6g0P2TEsgY>

It has a lot of warnings and errors in the W3C checkers (HTML & CSS)
-- 
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed
Just tried Micro$soft Edge - same results as SeaMonkey


It works with the Tor browser.  hmmmmmmmmmmm.
-- 
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

😉 Good Guy 😉
In reply to this post by Jeff Layman
On 10/10/2019 15:25, Jeff Layman wrote:
>
>>
>>
>
> I can't say I've /ever/ seen a tab without a title. That is very strange.

It's not strange at all.  Somebody created a page in hurry to get the
info out and forgot about filling in the <title> ..... </title> tag.  
Most CMS packages will fill in the default title tag but we don't know
what exactly are they using and I haven't bothered to see the source of
the page.




--
With over 1,000,000 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

Jeff Layman
On 10/10/19 16:06, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 10/10/2019 15:25, Jeff Layman wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> I can't say I've /ever/ seen a tab without a title. That is very strange.
>
> It's not strange at all.

It may not be strange in the sense of how it came about, but it is
incredibly strange in the sense of /so/ unusual that I've never seen it
before despite opening thousands, if not tens of thousands, of webpages.
Tabs have always had some wording on them. With this page, there is just
a favicon, and hovering over that with the cursor reveals just why there
is no wording on the tab.

Out of interest, how many tabs without wording have you seen?

  Somebody created a page in hurry to get the
> info out and forgot about filling in the <title> ..... </title> tag.

No doubt.

> Most CMS packages will fill in the default title tag but we don't know
> what exactly are they using and I haven't bothered to see the source of
> the page.
--

Jeff
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Web Page Display

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 10/10/2019 16:45, Jeff Layman wrote:
>
>
> Out of interest, how many tabs without wording have you seen?

Lots.  Sometimes they just say "Document" and sometimes absolutely nothing.


>


--
With over 1,000,000 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general