SeaMonkey 1.0 in Polish

Adrian (Adrianer) Kalla

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0 in Polish

Robert Kaiser

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0 in Polish

Adrian (Adrianer) Kalla
Dnia 2/12/2006 10:45 AM, Peter Weilbacher wrote:

hi,

> With your language pack I encountered Bug 263238 (Error about
> addCurPageCmd.commandkey entity) on OS/2. That is because the
> getPlatform function in install.js is missing the OS/2 case (that should
> be pointing to the Windows file), like this
>
>      if (!platformStr.search(/^Macintosh/))
>        platformNode = 'mac';
>      else if (!platformStr.search(/^Win/))
>        platformNode = 'win';
> +    else if (!platformStr.search(/^OS\/2/))
> +      platformNode = 'win';
>      else
>        platformNode = 'unix';

hmmm, i don't know nobody which uses OS/2 but i will change that in SM
1.0.1/1.1 :)

> Was it intentional to pack the google.* searchplugin files and
> seamonkey.bmp into the language pack? Both disturb other files of the
> same name that might be there in other languages.

yes it was, but it should be possible to change the install script that
if the files already exits that they wouldn't be overwritten...
I'm not the best programmer in JS... - have You an idea how to do that?

> But many thanks for making this language available! Now I can finally
> migrate my wife from 1.7.12 to SeaMonkey, she will be happy. :-)

fine :)

Regards,
Adrian Kalla

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0 in Polish

Giacomo Magnini-2
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> With your language pack I encountered Bug 263238 (Error about
> addCurPageCmd.commandkey entity) on OS/2. That is because the
> getPlatform function in install.js is missing the OS/2 case (that should
> be pointing to the Windows file), like this

Thanks for the *very useful* infos. I've fixed our locale (it-IT) and
will double check the searchplugins.
Ciao, Giacomo.

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0 in Polish

Robert Kaiser
Peter Weilbacher schrieb:
> Does anybody have an idea how I could let all localizers know the above
> patch? The basque translation that just appeared has the same problem...

Posting in this group/list is usually the best idea to let localizers
know ;-)

> and if I combine that with a bit of JS that I find in install.js of the
> de-AT package you should be able to do
>    fSearchPlugins = getFolder("Program", "searchplugins");
>    if (!exists(fSearchPlugins+"google.src"))
>      addFile("", "bin/searchplugins/google.src", fSearchPlugins, "google.src");
> Completely untested!

The stuff done in the de-AT package should work well, as it's quite
heavily used and to the biggest part unchanged for quite some time, and
I didn't hear complaints for a long period now :)

Robert Kaiser

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0 in Polish

Peter Weilbacher
Robert Kaiser wrote:

> Peter Weilbacher schrieb:
>> and if I combine that with a bit of JS that I find in install.js of the
>> de-AT package you should be able to do
>>    fSearchPlugins = getFolder("Program", "searchplugins");
>>    if (!exists(fSearchPlugins+"google.src"))
>>      addFile("", "bin/searchplugins/google.src", fSearchPlugins, "google.src");
>> Completely untested!
>
> The stuff done in the de-AT package should work well, as it's quite
> heavily used and to the biggest part unchanged for quite some time, and
> I didn't hear complaints for a long period now :)

That may be because your files have all different names from the one
distributed with en-US. But does addDirectory() (that you are using in
your install.js) check for files before overwriting? The documentation
does not say anything about that, so I suggested (still without having
tested it) to test existence of each file before writing it.
Might really be easier to rename the files inside the XPI, though.

Cheers,
   Peter.