SeaMonkey 1.0.1 L10n

Robert Kaiser
Hi everybody,

As you might know, SeaMonkey 1.0.1 should be released this week (we're
holding off because the 1.7-based MoFo releases had some last-minute
problems and the MoFo security releases were also pushed back 2 days or so).

If no other problems occur, our candidate builds will be the realease
builds, and so we made them public at
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/contrib/candidates-1.0.1/
for further testing - and for localizers to grab them and create their
localized builds off them!

So, if you're working on SeaMonkey localizations, you can feel content
to use those builds for your work - just don't announce your localized
release to the public before we announce SeaMonkey 1.0.1 officially!

Robert Kaiser

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0.1 L10n

Robert Kaiser
Robert Kaiser schrieb:
> Hi everybody,
>
> As you might know, SeaMonkey 1.0.1 should be released this week (we're
> holding off because the 1.7-based MoFo releases had some last-minute
> problems and the MoFo security releases were also pushed back 2 days or
> so).

It's official now, and the builds are available from
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/

Note that I've left all language packs from 1.0 linked in this page, as
they should work without further changes.
If you provide updated language packs, we'll just change the link to
point to the 1.0.1 directory instead. Of course, binaries have to be
recreated and re-uploaded.

Greetings,

Robert Kaiser

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0.1 L10n

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez
Robert Kaiser escribió:

> Robert Kaiser schrieb:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> As you might know, SeaMonkey 1.0.1 should be released this week (we're
>> holding off because the 1.7-based MoFo releases had some last-minute
>> problems and the MoFo security releases were also pushed back 2 days
>> or so).
>
> It's official now, and the builds are available from
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/

When working on the installer, I've realized that config.ini uses the URL:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/contrib/2006-04-05-05-mozilla1.8.0/linux-xpi/

(notice "nightly/contrib/"), while the official 1.0 release had:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.0/2006-01-30-13-mozilla1.8.0/linux-xpi/

(no "nightly", but "releases"). Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0.1 L10n

Robert Kaiser
Ricardo Palomares Martinez schrieb:

> Robert Kaiser escribió:
>> Robert Kaiser schrieb:
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> As you might know, SeaMonkey 1.0.1 should be released this week (we're
>>> holding off because the 1.7-based MoFo releases had some last-minute
>>> problems and the MoFo security releases were also pushed back 2 days
>>> or so).
>> It's official now, and the builds are available from
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/
>

> When working on the installer, I've realized that config.ini uses the URL:
>
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/contrib/2006-04-05-05-mozilla1.8.0/linux-xpi/
>
> (notice "nightly/contrib/"), while the official 1.0 release had:
>
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.0/2006-01-30-13-mozilla1.8.0/linux-xpi/
>
> (no "nightly", but "releases"). Is this normal?

Hmm, I didn't know the full installer also has the URL in its
config.ini, I only repackaged the stub installer with the releases URL...

Do I need to repackage the full installer to reference the other URL as
well?

Robert Kaiser

Re: SeaMonkey 1.0.1 L10n

Robert Kaiser
Robert Kaiser schrieb:
> Hmm, I didn't know the full installer also has the URL in its
> config.ini, I only repackaged the stub installer with the releases URL...
>
> Do I need to repackage the full installer to reference the other URL as
> well?

OK, looks like this flaw is insignificant as long as the needed files
are all packaged with the installer itself, so 1.0.1 en-US installers
are safe.

I'd encourage localizers to correct the URLs in their packages though,
the correct ones are:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.0.1/linux-xpi/
for Linux GTK2,
and