Scrollbars in Quantum

The Real Bev
B00ze -- Thanks for the link, I'll get to it as soon as possible.  Right
now I'm embroiled in an involuntary kernel update which has resulted in
10 hours of teeth-gnashing and we ain't out of the woods yet :-(

See instructions and files here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/Scrollbars

--
Cheers, Bev
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there

Re: Scrollbars in Quantum

B00ze
On 2018-02-07 03:10, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> B00ze -- Thanks for the link, I'll get to it as soon as possible.  Right
> now I'm embroiled in an involuntary kernel update which has resulted in
> 10 hours of teeth-gnashing and we ain't out of the woods yet :-(
>
> See instructions and files here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/Scrollbars

Cool, no rush, enjoy Spectre/Meltdown protection (I'm guessing...)

Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / [hidden email]
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society

Re: Scrollbars in Quantum

The Real Bev
On 02/07/2018 08:30 PM, B00ze wrote:
> On 2018-02-07 03:10, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> B00ze -- Thanks for the link, I'll get to it as soon as possible.  Right
>> now I'm embroiled in an involuntary kernel update which has resulted in
>> 10 hours of teeth-gnashing and we ain't out of the woods yet :-(
>>
>> See instructions and files here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/Scrollbars
>
> Cool, no rush, enjoy Spectre/Meltdown protection (I'm guessing...)

My computer is pathological.  We bought three identical sets of
components in 2011, of which we have two (linux) and a friend has one
(windows).  Mine has always been strange.  Sometimes in subtle ways,
sometimes in big honking nightmares -- like this kernel upgrade.  Hubby
did it to four machines in minutes.  Mine took all day.  All I can think
of is that there's some weirdness in the CPU or memory that just makes
stuff inexplicably work wrong. Every damn system update is a trip around
hell.

And in spite of several changes of monitor and graphics card, white is
always a pale cream color rather than white.  You'll have to take my
word for it that xmag sees this color as ffff ffff ffff, although it
sees it differently when I look at the new sample.

http://imgbox.com/rapyNKyI

--
Cheers, Bev
   "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can

Re: Scrollbars in Quantum

B00ze
On 2018-02-08 00:10, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02/07/2018 08:30 PM, B00ze wrote:
>> On 2018-02-07 03:10, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> B00ze -- Thanks for the link, I'll get to it as soon as possible.  Right
>>> now I'm embroiled in an involuntary kernel update which has resulted in
>>> 10 hours of teeth-gnashing and we ain't out of the woods yet :-(
>>>
>>> See instructions and files here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/Scrollbars
>>
>> Cool, no rush, enjoy Spectre/Meltdown protection (I'm guessing...)
>
> My computer is pathological. We bought three identical sets of
> components in 2011, of which we have two (linux) and a friend has one
> (windows).  Mine has always been strange.  Sometimes in subtle ways,
> sometimes in big honking nightmares -- like this kernel upgrade.  Hubby
> did it to four machines in minutes. Mine took all day. All I can think
> of is that there's some weirdness in the CPU or memory that just makes
> stuff inexplicably work wrong. Every damn system update is a trip around
> hell.

It IS possible you have some hardware bugs; computers and CPUs are so
complex today and the stuff is so small, I'm sure "Lemon" CPUs exist.

> And in spite of several changes of monitor and graphics card, white is
> always a pale cream color rather than white.  You'll have to take my
> word for it that xmag sees this color as ffff ffff ffff, although it
> sees it differently when I look at the new sample.
>
> http://imgbox.com/rapyNKyI

Looks white to me. Could be color correction in the OS; i.e. you change
the hardware, but Linux keeps correcting the color. have you tried
different ICC profiles? Not sure how this works in Linux, but I use a
custom ICC in Window, I grabbed it from http://www.tftcentral.co.uk.

! _\|/_  Sylvain / [hidden email]
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo  "But, I *DO* know everything!" -Q

Re: Scrollbars in Quantum

The Real Bev
On 02/08/2018 07:40 PM, B00ze wrote:

> On 2018-02-08 00:10, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Cool, no rush, enjoy Spectre/Meltdown protection (I'm guessing...)
>>
>> My computer is pathological. We bought three identical sets of
>> components in 2011, of which we have two (linux) and a friend has one
>> (windows).  Mine has always been strange.  Sometimes in subtle ways,
>> sometimes in big honking nightmares -- like this kernel upgrade.  Hubby
>> did it to four machines in minutes. Mine took all day. All I can think
>> of is that there's some weirdness in the CPU or memory that just makes
>> stuff inexplicably work wrong. Every damn system update is a trip around
>> hell.
>
> It IS possible you have some hardware bugs; computers and CPUs are so
> complex today and the stuff is so small, I'm sure "Lemon" CPUs exist.
>
>> And in spite of several changes of monitor and graphics card, white is
>> always a pale cream color rather than white.  You'll have to take my
>> word for it that xmag sees this color as ffff ffff ffff, although it
>> sees it differently when I look at the new sample.
>>
>> http://imgbox.com/rapyNKyI
>>
> Looks white to me. Could be color correction in the OS; i.e. you change
> the hardware, but Linux keeps correcting the color. have you tried
> different ICC profiles? Not sure how this works in Linux, but I use a
> custom ICC in Window, I grabbed it from http://www.tftcentral.co.uk.

Crap, of course it looks white! My original intent was to take a photo
with my camera, which would show the strange color as ffff ffff ffff.
Unfortunately I couldn't get a GOOD photo (moire patterns) so I used xv
to save part of the screen. Dumb!

I'll try again tomorrow...

I had to look up 'ICC profiles'.  tl;dr :-(  If something is using one,
it certainly didn't tell me!

--
Cheers, Bev
  There are 2 groups of people you can make fun of on the Internet