Sample app with persistance

Premkumar  Natarajan
Hi :

Please point me to an xforms application with persistance and session
management involved.

Thanks
Prem

Re: Sample app with persistance

Philipp Wagner-4
Hi,

Prem schrieb:
> Please point me to an xforms application with persistance and session
> management involved.

There is no such thing as an "xforms application", like there is no
"HTML forms application". You probably want to use some server-side
scripting language to do persistance and session management, perhaps
using a XML database like eXist or the berkley xml database.

Philipp

RE: Sample app with persistance

Klotz, Leigh
You can do something as simple as using HTTP PUT to submit an instance
and configure your server to allow PUT to certain resources.
HTTP GET or instance/@src can retrieve the instance.
Authentication can be done with HTTP auth, or with cookies, same as with
HTML4 forms.
Leigh.

Re: Sample app with persistance

Dan McCreary
If you are already familiar with XML, one alternative is to give the
simple session management in eXist-db.org a try.  eXist has nice
examples of forms session management.  You can do things like:

Have the user login and start a session
Associate one or more roles with a login
Present a list of forms for that role
Have them fill out forms that are "pre-filled" according to their
profile associated with their account
Save form sessions that are partially filled out forms

To see the way to control a session just go here:

http://demo.exist-db.org/xquery/functions.xq

Search for the word "session".

Let me know if you are interested in full examples.  We are putting
some examples here:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/XRX/Login_and_Session_Management

- Dan