SSL and XUL iframe

rvj-2

I would like to understand what is required to add basic SSL support to a
simple XUL application
pointing to a secured page

    <iframe src="https://some.server.tla/page" />

Is there a sample application outlining what is required?

TIA

---

Re: SSL and XUL iframe

Neil-4
rvj wrote:

> I would like to understand what is required to add basic SSL support
> to a simple XUL application pointing to a secured page
>
>    <iframe src="https://some.server.tla/page" />
>
> Is there a sample application outlining what is required?

If the site is using a trusted certificate then it should just work.
Extra work is needed if you want to query the SSL status or add
exceptions for instance.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: SSL and XUL iframe

rvj-2
What I would like to do is trap load time SSL errors

For example I have set up a  self signed website which does not load...

.. but these errors are only reported via the error console

I would at least like to trap such messages using js but how do I trap them?

Is there a special event handler for SSL so I dont need to view  the error
console..?

news:[hidden email]...

rvj wrote:

> What I would like to do is trap load time SSL errors
>
> For example I have set up a  self signed website which does not load...
>
> .. but these errors are only reported via the error console
>
> I would at least like to trap such messages using js but how do I trap
> them?
>
> Is there a special event handler for SSL so I dont need to view  the
> error console..?

Not as such, you have to watch for the state change web progress
notifications, and when you get a document stop with an error status in
the security module you have to use the NSS errors service to translate
that into an error class to see if the error was due to an invalid
certificate.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: SSL and XUL iframe

rvj-2

.. it looks like I've got to get down and dirty !

.. oh well

many thanks  for advice

Roger