SM 2.14, TB17.0.11pre and FF17.0.11

Dave Yeo-3
I've uploaded the above to Hobbes. Fixes backported from the Bitwise
24.3 branch, fpu crash fixed, glyph boxes instead of TAB and LF fixed
and a few other minor fixes. A slightly different way of fixing the 100%
CPU plugin problem, may need fine tuning for some plugins as it is only
prefs. Firefox rebuilt with official branding.
Usual requirements, libc065, mzfntcfgft, pthr01.dll (pthread), mmap.dll,
stdcpp6.dll (libstdc++), gcc446.dll and gcc473.dll depending on the
version of pthr01.dll installed. RPM package names in brackets.
I've been using TB and SM for weeks without a problem besides they are
slow, Firefox is basically identical to my previous upload excepting
branding and a preference.
Thanks to Bitwise who are responsible for the vast majority of the
recent work done.
Dave

Re: SM 2.14, TB17.0.11pre and FF17.0.11

Steve Wendt
On 07/05/14 05:52 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:

> Thanks to Bitwise who are responsible for the vast majority of the
> recent work done.

Thanks to Dave for putting out stable builds, particularly for
SeaMonkey.  ;-)

Warpzilla Tips page already updated in anticipation of the announcement:
http://os2news.warpstock.org/Warpzilla.html

On 07/05/14 05:58 PM, Steve Wendt wrote:
> On 07/05/14 05:52 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:
>
>> Thanks to Bitwise who are responsible for the vast majority of the
>> recent work done.
>
> Thanks to Dave for putting out stable builds, particularly for
> SeaMonkey.  ;-)

Should be noted that these are actually a couple of commits ahead of
17.0.11, namely some blocklist updates that were probably automated and
that is probably why TB is not exactly 17.0.11
Dave

Re: SM 2.14, TB17.0.11pre and FF17.0.11

Doug Bissett-2
On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 01:08:34 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 07/05/14 05:58 PM, Steve Wendt wrote:
> > On 07/05/14 05:52 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks to Bitwise who are responsible for the vast majority of the
> >> recent work done.
> >
> > Thanks to Dave for putting out stable builds, particularly for
> > SeaMonkey.  ;-)
> >

> Should be noted that these are actually a couple of commits ahead of
> 17.0.11, namely some blocklist updates that were probably automated and
> that is probably why TB is not exactly 17.0.11
> Dave

WarpIn installers are at HOBBES and NETLABS.

--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net

Re: SM 2.14, TB17.0.11pre and FF17.0.11

Lars Erdmann
Dave Yeo schrieb:

> I've uploaded the above to Hobbes. Fixes backported from the Bitwise
> 24.3 branch, fpu crash fixed, glyph boxes instead of TAB and LF fixed
> and a few other minor fixes. A slightly different way of fixing the 100%
> CPU plugin problem, may need fine tuning for some plugins as it is only
> prefs. Firefox rebuilt with official branding.
> Usual requirements, libc065, mzfntcfgft, pthr01.dll (pthread), mmap.dll,
> stdcpp6.dll (libstdc++), gcc446.dll and gcc473.dll depending on the
> version of pthr01.dll installed. RPM package names in brackets.
> I've been using TB and SM for weeks without a problem besides they are
> slow, Firefox is basically identical to my previous upload excepting
> branding and a preference.
> Thanks to Bitwise who are responsible for the vast majority of the
> recent work done.
> Dave
Thanks. That fixed the glyph problem for sure.
One thing that is still odd: in the email/news window, the waiting clock
will continue to be displayed even if the mail/news update is finished.
That did not happen with older versions of Seamonkey.

On 07/06/14 11:54 AM, Lars Erdmann wrote:
> One thing that is still odd: in the email/news window, the waiting clock
> will continue to be displayed even if the mail/news update is finished.
> That did not happen with older versions of Seamonkey.

I don't see this though I only use SM for news. If you're using it for
email, try deleting all your msf files in your email directories. You
can also delete them in your news but will lose some meta-data such as
read status.
Also note that if going back to Tb 10.x, SM2.7 or earlier you will also
need to delete the msf files as their format has changed (with SM or TB
closed) and they will be rebuilt
Dave

Re: SM 2.14, TB17.0.11pre and FF17.0.11

Barbara-46
On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 23:06:43 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Also note that if going back to Tb 10.x, SM2.7 or earlier you will also
> need to delete the msf files as their format has changed (with SM or TB
> closed) and they will be rebuilt
> Dave

Would that be if TB or SM are installed in (bootdrive)X:\Programs one
over the other?

I've installed Thunderbird 17.0.11wpi newest in D:\Programs and I have
the older Thunderbird 10.11 still installed on my J:\Thunderbird
volume.  I can go back and forth using the same profile with no
glitches other than having the versions check to see if Add-Ons are
correct.  I only use TB for mail and so far I haven't had to delete
anything.

Remember I'm the one who couldn't get FF or TB version 17 working on
anything for months, and now I can't break them.    :)

--
Barbara

Barbara wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 23:06:43 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Also note that if going back to Tb 10.x, SM2.7 or earlier you will also
>> need to delete the msf files as their format has changed (with SM or TB
>> closed) and they will be rebuilt
>> Dave
>
> Would that be if TB or SM are installed in (bootdrive)X:\Programs one
> over the other?
>
> I've installed Thunderbird 17.0.11wpi newest in D:\Programs and I have
> the older Thunderbird 10.11 still installed on my J:\Thunderbird
> volume.  I can go back and forth using the same profile with no
> glitches other than having the versions check to see if Add-Ons are
> correct.  I only use TB for mail and so far I haven't had to delete
> anything.
>
> Remember I'm the one who couldn't get FF or TB version 17 working on
> anything for months, and now I can't break them.    :)

I should have said "_may_ need to delete msf files". I can't find the
original article now and IIRC it was a variable that was changed to
overcome the 2 or 4 GB limit and possibly it only affects folders over
that size. Ray had all kinds of problems at one point using a newer SM
on Windows then on OS/2 using the same profile.
If you do run into any weirdness, deleting the msf files is a simple
thing to try in the hope of fixing things.
Dave

Re: SM 2.14, TB17.0.11pre and FF17.0.11

Barbara-46
On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 01:52:32 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Barbara wrote:
> > On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 23:06:43 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Also note that if going back to Tb 10.x, SM2.7 or earlier you will also
> >> need to delete the msf files as their format has changed (with SM or TB
> >> closed) and they will be rebuilt
> >> Dave
> >
> > Would that be if TB or SM are installed in (bootdrive)X:\Programs one
> > over the other?
> >
> > I've installed Thunderbird 17.0.11wpi newest in D:\Programs and I have
> > the older Thunderbird 10.11 still installed on my J:\Thunderbird
> > volume.  I can go back and forth using the same profile with no
> > glitches other than having the versions check to see if Add-Ons are
> > correct.  I only use TB for mail and so far I haven't had to delete
> > anything.
> >
> > Remember I'm the one who couldn't get FF or TB version 17 working on
> > anything for months, and now I can't break them.    :)
> >

> I should have said "_may_ need to delete msf files". I can't find the
> original article now and IIRC it was a variable that was changed to
> overcome the 2 or 4 GB limit and possibly it only affects folders over
> that size. Ray had all kinds of problems at one point using a newer SM
> on Windows then on OS/2 using the same profile.
> If you do run into any weirdness, deleting the msf files is a simple
> thing to try in the hope of fixing things.
> Dave

I have 3 mail accounts each with about 10 folders not nearly that
size, so that probably explains why I've never seen the problem.
Thanks.

--
Barbara

Re: SM 2.14, TB17.0.11pre and FF17.0.11

Steve Wendt
On 07/06/14 11:54 am, Lars Erdmann wrote:

> One thing that is still odd: in the email/news window, the waiting clock
> will continue to be displayed even if the mail/news update is finished.

FWIW, I'm seeing this too.  Appears to be purely cosmetic, and depends
on what the cursor is over.