Runtime error R6034

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Runtime error R6034

Joshua Zhao
I'm using VC++ 2005 with cygwin under WinXP to build firefox. After a
set of efforts, this is the newest error I met. A dialog panel was
opened with the following message:
Runtime Error!
Program: \mozilla\dist\bin\xpidl.exe
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

BTW, it happens during the following call:

make[4]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/xpcom/base'
/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/build/cygwin-wrapper /cygdrive/d/DevTools/moztools/
bin/nsinstall -m 644 nsAgg.h nsAutoPtr.h nsCom.h nsDebugImpl.h nsIAllocator.h ns
IID.h nsISupportsObsolete.h nsTraceRefcntImpl.h nsWeakPtr.h nsInterfaceRequestor
Agg.h ../../dist/include/xpcom
/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/build/cygwin-wrapper /cygdrive/d/DevTools/moztools/
bin/nsinstall -m 644 nsError.h nsISupportsBase.h nscore.h ../../dist/include/xpc
om
/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/build/cygwin-wrapper /cygdrive/d/DevTools/moztools/
bin/nsinstall -m 644 nsError.h nsISupportsBase.h nscore.h ../../dist/sdk/include

/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/build/cygwin-wrapper /cygdrive/d/DevTools/moztools/
bin/nsinstall -m 644 nsIConsoleListener.idl nsIConsoleMessage.idl nsIConsoleServ
ice.idl nsIErrorService.idl nsIException.idl nsIExceptionService.idl nsIVersionC
omparator.idl ../../dist/idl
nsIConsoleListener.idl
/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/build/cygwin-wrapper ../../dist/bin/xpidl.exe -m he
ader -w -I/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/xpcom/base -I../../dist/idl -o _xpidlgen/
nsIConsoleListener
/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/xpcom/base/nsIConsoleListener.idl
make[4]: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener.h] Error 66
make[4]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/DevTools/mozilla/xpcom/base'
make[3]: *** [export] Error 2

Any idea on this?

Thanks a lot!
Joshua
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Runtime error R6034

Christian Biesinger
Joshua Zhao wrote:
> I'm using VC++ 2005 with cygwin under WinXP to build firefox.

Which version of Firefox? AFAIK you can only build trunk (CVS HEAD)
using VC 2005.
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Runtime error R6034

Joshua Zhao
Who can explain those terms, like trunk, branch, Head, etc? Or where
to find appropriate articles to understand? It's really confusing to
newbies like me :(

Thanks,
Joshua


On 4/24/06, Christian Biesinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Joshua Zhao wrote:
> > I'm using VC++ 2005 with cygwin under WinXP to build firefox.
>
> Which version of Firefox? AFAIK you can only build trunk (CVS HEAD)
> using VC 2005.
> _______________________________________________
> dev-builds mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
>
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Runtime error R6034

Justin Wood (Callek)-2
In reply to this post by Christian Biesinger
Joshua Zhao wrote:
> Who can explain those terms, like trunk, branch, Head, etc? Or where
> to find appropriate articles to understand? It's really confusing to
> newbies like me :(
>
> Thanks,
> Joshua
>

for an abridged list of terms, see:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Glossary

see also cvs documentation for "HEAD", "branch", etc.

~Justin Wood (Callek)
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Runtime error R6034

Joshua Zhao
In reply to this post by Christian Biesinger
I'm using MozillaFirefox1.5rc3. Isn't it a trunk?
Or what version should I use?

Thanks,
Joshua


On 4/24/06, Christian Biesinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Joshua Zhao wrote:
> > I'm using VC++ 2005 with cygwin under WinXP to build firefox.
>
> Which version of Firefox? AFAIK you can only build trunk (CVS HEAD)
> using VC 2005.
> _______________________________________________
> dev-builds mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
>
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Runtime error R6034

Christian Biesinger
In reply to this post by Christian Biesinger
Joshua Zhao wrote:
> I'm using MozillaFirefox1.5rc3. Isn't it a trunk?
> Or what version should I use?

No, that's not trunk (btw, why are you using a release candidate instead
of a final release?). That is the 1.8.0 branch.

Trunk doesn't really have a version number. It's just trunk :) It is
what will eventually be Firefox 3.0 though.
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Runtime error R6034

Joshua Zhao
Still don't understand :( Why there is no a start guide which
introduces the project management/structure/organization?
So where can I get a trunk? Or should I work on a trunk? I'm just
trying to experiment some simple ideas by modifying firefox codes,
e.g. to add a bit more information exchanged between browser and
server.

Thank you very much!
Joshua



On 4/25/06, Christian Biesinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Joshua Zhao wrote:
> > I'm using MozillaFirefox1.5rc3. Isn't it a trunk?
> > Or what version should I use?
>
> No, that's not trunk (btw, why are you using a release candidate instead
> of a final release?). That is the 1.8.0 branch.
>
> Trunk doesn't really have a version number. It's just trunk :) It is
> what will eventually be Firefox 3.0 though.
> _______________________________________________
> dev-builds mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
>
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Runtime error R6034

Olaf-5
In reply to this post by Christian Biesinger
You can overcome this problem by copying the manifest file to the
dist/bin directory.
Apparently all generated .exe files need their .manifest file too.
So copy xpidl.exe.manifest from xpcom\typelib\xpidl\xpidl.exe.manifest
to dist\bin

But I guess it won't help you much.

_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Runtime error R6034

Christian Biesinger
In reply to this post by Christian Biesinger
Joshua Zhao wrote:
> Still don't understand :( Why there is no a start guide which
> introduces the project management/structure/organization?

The concept of trunk and branches is not really Mozilla-specific...

http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/ has some introductory information on
Mizilla hacking, although it doesn't look like it covers branches...

> So where can I get a trunk? Or should I work on a trunk?

Most developers work on the trunk, yeah. You can get it from CVS, see
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Mozilla_Source_Code_Via_CVS
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds