Reusing some mozilla documentation

Troy Topnik
What's the rule on re-using mozilla documentation with regard to
preserving copyright?

I want to adapt the "Using the Help Window" page for use in Open
Komodo. This is the file I'm talking about:

 http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8/source/extensions/help/resources/locale/en-US/help_help.xhtml

I can't find any licensing information and there are no contributors
listed in the file. I also couldn't find any clear direction on how to
handle this in the "Legal stuff" section here:

 http://www.mozilla.org/contribute/writing/process

Would it be OK for me to use this as long as I attribute Mozilla as
the original authors? I would just leave the copyright notice as is,
but I'm adding some stuff about the help viewer keybindings.

TT

Re: Reusing some mozilla documentation

Stefan Hermes
Troy Topnik skriver:

> What's the rule on re-using mozilla documentation with regard to
> preserving copyright?
>
> I want to adapt the "Using the Help Window" page for use in Open
> Komodo. This is the file I'm talking about:
>
>  http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8/source/extensions/help/resources/locale/en-US/help_help.xhtml
>
> I can't find any licensing information and there are no contributors
> listed in the file. I also couldn't find any clear direction on how to
> handle this in the "Legal stuff" section here:
>
>  http://www.mozilla.org/contribute/writing/process
>
> Would it be OK for me to use this as long as I attribute Mozilla as
> the original authors? I would just leave the copyright notice as is,
> but I'm adding some stuff about the help viewer keybindings.
>
> TT

Fwiw, I recently changed copyright of the trunk version
(http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/suite/locales/en-US/chrome/common/help/help_help.xhtml)
to "Contributors to the Mozilla project" after talking to Gerv. The
toolkit version (more minimalistic approach) has "Contributors to the
Mozilla Help Viewer Project" and is located here (trunk):
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/toolkit/locales/en-US/chrome/mozapps/help/welcome.xhtml.
Anyway, I think you should ask Gerv (Gervase Markham, Mozilla licensing
guy) - he should be able to give you an appropiate answer.

/Stefan