Resolver lib on windows

basti
Hello,

That is the way that Thunderbird is using to resolve hostnames on
windows (default settings, no DNS over https)

Is it use the windows libery or a own one?

The Problem is that I have 2 DNS servers configured in windows,
If the first in the list is down, for some reason Thunderbird can't find
the mailserver anymore.

Ping mailserver work as expected.

best regards

Re: Resolver lib on windows

Valentin Gosu
Hi,

The networking code in gecko uses the operating system's APIs to resolve
domains.
So if there is something wrong with the Windows DNS configuration, it will
also fail in Firefox/Thunderbird.

Thanks!