Requesting donation of a copyright from Mozilla corporation.

Requesting donation of a copyright from Mozilla corporation.

John J Barton
The Firebug Working Group would like to ask the Mozilla corporation to
donate the copyright for Sean Martell's Fiery Firebug artwork so we can
use it for our logo. (Mozilla already donated the images). Can you help
me figure out how to ask? I've already emailed Sean a couple of times,
but it's not really his problem, Mozilla owns the rights. I sent email
to [hidden email]. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
jjb

Re: Requesting donation of a copyright from Mozilla corporation.

Gervase Markham
On 01/07/10 09:08, johnjbarton wrote:
> The Firebug Working Group would like to ask the Mozilla corporation to
> donate the copyright for Sean Martell's Fiery Firebug artwork so we can
> use it for our logo. (Mozilla already donated the images). Can you help
> me figure out how to ask? I've already emailed Sean a couple of times,
> but it's not really his problem, Mozilla owns the rights. I sent email
> to [hidden email]. Any other suggestions?

[hidden email] is the right address; [hidden email] will
bounce. What is needed is a bug in the Legal product in Bugzilla to
track this, if there isn't one already.

Gerv

On 7/13/2010 5:17 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:

> On 01/07/10 09:08, johnjbarton wrote:
>> The Firebug Working Group would like to ask the Mozilla corporation to
>> donate the copyright for Sean Martell's Fiery Firebug artwork so we can
>> use it for our logo. (Mozilla already donated the images). Can you help
>> me figure out how to ask? I've already emailed Sean a couple of times,
>> but it's not really his problem, Mozilla owns the rights. I sent email
>> to [hidden email]. Any other suggestions?
>
> [hidden email] is the right address; [hidden email] will
> bounce. What is needed is a bug in the Legal product in Bugzilla to
> track this, if there isn't one already.

Thanks for the reply.

I used the email link on
http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy.html, which is
indeed to 'trademarks' plural not 'trademark' singular as I miswrote in
my post. So maybe the page should be updated if the correct procedure
involves bugzilla.

Jan Odvarko talked in person with Johnathon Nightingale and we have
permission to use the work.

jjb

On 13/07/10 20:49, johnjbarton wrote:
> Jan Odvarko talked in person with Johnathon Nightingale and we have
> permission to use the work.

Great - does that mean the issue is resolved?

Gerv

On 7/14/2010 5:40 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 13/07/10 20:49, johnjbarton wrote:
>> Jan Odvarko talked in person with Johnathon Nightingale and we have
>> permission to use the work.
>
> Great - does that mean the issue is resolved?
>
> Gerv

Well, since you asked:  We were granted specific permission which, as
you know, is not equal to copyright.   If we had a lawyer they would
tell us have to ask again for another use.  Fortunately, we don't have a
lawyer. My plan is to assume good faith and hope we never have to think
about this again.

jjb