Reporter Email Recipient is being excluded even when CC'd

Reporter Email Recipient is being excluded even when CC'd

Chris S.
Hello,

 I am serving as a Bugzilla system administrator and one thing has been very confusing to me. One of the users of Bugzilla noted that they were not receiving a copy of the email when they report a bug. They even cc'd their own email address to receive a copy, and it still failed. I have checked the Email Preferences in their account, and all "Assignee", "Reporter", and "CCed" buttons are selected except for "Reporter" in the "I'm added to or removed from this capacity", which is grayed out. I even tested this on my own account, and noticed that when I created a bug, assigned it someone else, and made myself a default cc recipient, the email is sent to the "Assignee" but it always excludes the "Reporter" even if they are included as a cc. I have tried Google searching this, but I haven't had much luck finding a resolution. I should add that I am running Bugzilla version 4.4.6. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris S.

Re: Reporter Email Recipient is being excluded even when CC'd

Dave Miller
In some versions of Bugzilla there was a checkbox under the grid for "also email me about changes I make" or something to that effect.

On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 2:28:14 AM UTC-6, Thorsten Schöning wrote:

> Guten Tag Chris S.,
> am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2018 um 23:47 schrieben Sie:
>
> > I have checked the Email Preferences in their account,
> > and all "Assignee", "Reporter", and "CCed" buttons are selected[...]
>
> If it's really all, that is the problem, because as Dave mentioned,
> the two lowest rows are special:
>
> > but not when (overrides above):
> > The bug is in the UNCONFIRMED state
> > The change was made by me
>
> > I even tested this on my own
> > account, and noticed that when I created a bug, assigned it someone
> > else, and made myself a default cc recipient, the email is sent to
> > the "Assignee" but it always excludes the "Reporter" even if they
> > are included as a cc.
>
> Which would fit to the last row being activated, because simply all
> changes were made by yourself, so you never get a mail about those
> changes.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Thorsten Schöning
>
> --
> Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
> AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/
>
> Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
> Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
>
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Ah, derp. Yes, this seems to have addressed the problem.

Thanks!

Chris S.