Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

Mortman
Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?

When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing
displaying all the email addresses.

This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer available.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a replacement.

Thank you.

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴
On 11/13/18 10:52 AM, Mortman wrote:

> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>
> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing displaying all the
> email addresses.
>
> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer available.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a replacement.
>
> Thank you.

This still works for SeaMonkey 2.49.4 = Don't know about Thunderbird 60.3.0

Reply to All as Cc 1.4 (http://www.clear-code.com/)

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 13/11/2018 15:52, Mortman wrote:

> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>
> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
> automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus
> preventing displaying all the email addresses.
>
> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer
> available.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a
> replacement.
>
> Thank you.

You don't need an Add-On.  You can change anything to bcc by simply
using the drop-down list.  Enter your addresses in the normal way and
then click on the To: text to activate the drop-down list from where you
can select bcc or whatever turns you on.

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

On 13/11/2018 17:50, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:

> On 11/13/18 10:52 AM, Mortman wrote:
>> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>>
>> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing displaying all the
>> email addresses.
>>
>> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer available.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a replacement.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
> This still works for SeaMonkey 2.49.4 = Don't know about Thunderbird 60.3.0
>
> Reply to All as Cc 1.4 (http://www.clear-code.com/)

Only if you know that language.  It's not as clear as its name suggests.

https://i.imgur.com/3soE0EH.png <https://i.imgur.com/3soE0EH.png>

You guys have to learn to avoid foreign websites distributing software
that you might not know anything about and their explanation is in their
language.  Add-Ons for Mozilla products should always come from Mozilla
website.  NOT from alien website.

On 11/13/18 12:50 PM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:

> On 11/13/18 10:52 AM, Mortman wrote:
>> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>>
>> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing displaying all the
>> email addresses.
>>
>> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer available.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a replacement.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
> This still works for SeaMonkey 2.49.4 = Don't know about Thunderbird 60.3.0
>
> Reply to All as Cc 1.4 (http://www.clear-code.com/)

IGNORE THIS MESSAGE.

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

Wolf K.
On 2018-11-13 10:52, Mortman wrote:

> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>
> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
> automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing
> displaying all the email addresses.
>
> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer available.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a replacement.
>
> Thank you.

If your recipients are in a List, you can BCC the whole list at once

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

Ray_Net
😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote on 13-11-18 18:55:

> On 13/11/2018 15:52, Mortman wrote:
>> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>>
>> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
>> automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus
>> preventing displaying all the email addresses.
>>
>> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer
>> available.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a
>> replacement.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

> You don't need an Add-On.  You can change anything to bcc by simply
> using the drop-down list.  Enter your addresses in the normal way and
> then click on the To: text to activate the drop-down list from where
> you can select bcc or whatever turns you on.

I think that the OP don't want to turn to a BCC not ONE recipent, but ALL.

Wolf K wrote on 13-11-18 19:25:

> On 2018-11-13 10:52, Mortman wrote:
>> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>>
>> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
>> automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus
>> preventing displaying all the email addresses.
>>
>> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer
>> available.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a
>> replacement.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

> If your recipients are in a List, you can BCC the whole list at once

I think that the OP don't want to turn to a group of recipients, and
doesnot have a list as the recipient.

🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote on 13-11-18 18:50:

> On 11/13/18 10:52 AM, Mortman wrote:
>> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>>
>> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing displaying all the
>> email addresses.
>>
>> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer available.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a replacement.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
> This still works for SeaMonkey 2.49.4 = Don't know about Thunderbird 60.3.0

this addon is no longer supported in TB 60

On 13/11/2018 21:03, Ray_Net wrote:

> 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote on 13-11-18 18:55:
>> On 13/11/2018 15:52, Mortman wrote:
>>> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>>>
>>> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients,
>>> this automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus
>>> preventing displaying all the email addresses.
>>>
>>> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer
>>> available.
>>>
>>> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a
>>> replacement.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>

>> You don't need an Add-On.  You can change anything to bcc by simply
>> using the drop-down list.  Enter your addresses in the normal way and
>> then click on the To: text to activate the drop-down list from where
>> you can select bcc or whatever turns you on.
>>

> I think that the OP don't want to turn to a BCC not ONE recipent, but
> ALL.

If all the addresses are in one line then using the drop-down still
works.  It's a good idea to type in all the 100,000 addresses one by one
in one line to keep one busy!!!!!!!!!!!  One could outsource this work
to Bangalore or Hyderabad.  Their charges are pretty reasonable.  If you
want recommendations then let us know.

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

WaltS48-10
On 11/13/18 12:50 PM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:

> On 11/13/18 10:52 AM, Mortman wrote:
>> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>>
>> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing displaying all the
>> email addresses.
>>
>> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer available.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a replacement.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
> This still works for SeaMonkey 2.49.4 = Don't know about Thunderbird 60.3.0
>
> Reply to All as Cc 1.4 (http://www.clear-code.com/)

Like the Emojis in the From field!
--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

On 2018-11-13 16:04, Ray_Net wrote:

> Wolf K wrote on 13-11-18 19:25:
>> On 2018-11-13 10:52, Mortman wrote:
>>> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>>>
>>> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
>>> automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus
>>> preventing displaying all the email addresses.
>>>
>>> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer
>>> available.
>>>
>>> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a
>>> replacement.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>

>> If your recipients are in a List, you can BCC the whole list at once
>>
> I think that the OP don't want to turn to a group of recipients, and
> doesnot have a list as the recipient.

My inference was that he since he wanted to forward a message to a group
of recipients, he's likely done that and  will be doing it again. If so,
then creating a list simplifies the BCC.

Best,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
It's called an "opinion" because it's not a fact.

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

Dave Royal
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:47:45 -0500, Wolf K wrote:

> On 2018-11-13 16:04, Ray_Net wrote:
>> Wolf K wrote on 13-11-18 19:25:

>>> If your recipients are in a List, you can BCC the whole list at once
>>>
>> I think that the OP don't want to turn to a group of recipients, and
>> doesnot have a list as the recipient.
>
> My inference was that he since he wanted to forward a message to a group
> of recipients, he's likely done that and  will be doing it again. If so,
> then creating a list simplifies the BCC.
>
> Best,

The main point of the addon is that it *prevents* you accidentally CCing
a lot of people at once. ISTR you can set it to warn you if, for example,
you include more than 3 people in TO or CC, and asks whether you meant to
use BCC instead.  You can override the warning, but if you didn't mean to
do that - or think better of it - it will change them all to BCC.

It's a great addon. I'm also looking out for a replacement.
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)

Dave Royal <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:47:45 -0500, Wolf K wrote:

>>> I think that the OP don't want to turn to a group of recipients, and
>>> doesnot have a list as the recipient.
>>
>> My inference was that he since he wanted to forward a message to a group
>> of recipients, he's likely done that and  will be doing it again. If so,
>> then creating a list simplifies the BCC.
>>
>> Best,
>
> The main point of the addon is that it *prevents* you accidentally CCing
> a lot of people at once. ISTR you can set it to warn you if, for example,
> you include more than 3 people in TO or CC, and asks whether you meant to
> use BCC instead.  You can override the warning, but if you didn't mean to
> do that - or think better of it - it will change them all to BCC.
>
> It's a great addon. I'm also looking out for a replacement.

Maybe this facility will eventually make it into " Adopt best
 add-on features" here:
<http://lists.thunderbird.net/pipermail/maildev_lists.thunderbird.
net/2018-October/001317.html>
--
Remove numerics from email address.

On 2018-11-15 02:20, Dave Royal wrote:
> Dave Royal <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:
>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:47:45 -0500, Wolf K wrote:
[...]

>>> My inference was that he since he wanted to forward a message to a group
>>> of recipients, he's likely done that and  will be doing it again. If so,
>>> then creating a list simplifies the BCC.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>
>> The main point of the addon is that it *prevents* you accidentally CCing
>> a lot of people at once. ISTR you can set it to warn you if, for example,
>> you include more than 3 people in TO or CC, and asks whether you meant to
>> use BCC instead.  You can override the warning, but if you didn't mean to
>> do that - or think better of it - it will change them all to BCC.
>>
>> It's a great addon. I'm also looking out for a replacement.

Agreed, especially for Outlook users... :-)

Tbird's List will not fill the address fields until you have selected
from To, CC and BCC. IMO, this is a pretty good safeguard against
erroneous CC.

But mistakes do happen....

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
It's called an "opinion" because it's not a fact.

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

dillinger-2
On 11/14/18 7:04 PM, Dave Royal wrote:

> The main point of the addon is that it*prevents*  you accidentally CCing
> a lot of people at once. ISTR you can set it to warn you if, for example,
> you include more than 3 people in TO or CC, and asks whether you meant to
> use BCC instead.  You can override the warning, but if you didn't mean to
> do that - or think better of it - it will change them all to BCC.

You can use Mail Merge for this too. It warns when sending a message to
multiple addresses and then optionally sends all recipients a separate
message.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:52:19 -0500, Mortman wrote:

> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
>
> When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
> automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing
> displaying all the email addresses.
>
> This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer
> available.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a
> replacement.
>
> Thank you.

I built a version that works with TB 60
<https://github.com/revad/use_bcc_instead_A>

You have to d a bit of work to install it.

On 12/9/2018 11:45 AM, Dave Royal wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:52:19 -0500, Mortman wrote:
>
> > Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
> >
> > When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
> > automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing
> > displaying all the email addresses.
> >
> > This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer
> > available.
> >
> > I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a
> > replacement.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> I built a version that works with TB 60
> <https://github.com/revad/use_bcc_instead_A>
>
> You have to d a bit of work to install it.

I've been looking for this since it was no longer available in TB 60.
This does not replace merely adding a _preset_ list of recipients. The
app mentioned above gives you the option of entering individual
recipients without changing each one from the default To: listing to bcc:

I have used the previous (no longer functioning) version of this app and
have sorely missed it since the new coding in v. 60 of TB. It prevents
displaying all the email addresses of all the addressees as bcc:
automatically.

If you frequently send group emails to various lists of addressees, this
add on is a blessing since it no longer requires changing each address
in your list from To; to bcc:

I love it!

On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 10:45:49 -0600, Dave Royal wrote:

> I built a version that works with TB 60
> <https://github.com/revad/use_bcc_instead_A>
>
> You have to d a bit of work to install it.

I posted a later version here

On 12/18/2018 12:22 PM, Dave Royal wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 10:45:49 -0600, Dave Royal wrote:
> >
> > I built a version that works with TB 60
> > <https://github.com/revad/use_bcc_instead_A>
> >
> > You have to d a bit of work to install it.
>
> I posted a later version here
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=3041270

I had previously installed the TB 60 version in my TB 63 copy of
Thunderbird. (At that time that was the only current version available).
As I've stated in a previous post, it worked flawlessly. I've been using
it ever since with no problems.

How does this newest version 3.5.0 differ from 3.4?

Is there any reason to delete the v 3.4 and install 3.5.0 instead?

How do they differ?

Hopefully you will include this in Firefox's listing of AddOns for
Thunderbird.

Thank you for a great time saver and privacy saver when sending group
emails.