Rendering difference between XML/XSLT form PHP and plain XML file

Rendering difference between XML/XSLT form PHP and plain XML file

jules.lauwerier (Bugzilla)
I am trying to make my XML/XSLT pages generated from PHP-scripts
usable from Firefox (I am testing on both FF2 on WinXP and FF3 on
KubuntuLinux bside WinXP/IExplorer6). I encounter a different
behaviour between pages I have created using a text editor and
uplaoded to my site and the one generated from my PHP-script.

Please compare the page source of http://www.lauwerier.nl/PHPJules/200...hp?plaats_nr=3
with the page source of
http://www.lauwerier.nl/PHPJules/test2.xml
What is the difference ? They both use the same XSL !

See also my post on http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=735925#post735925

Kind regards,

Jules Lauwerier

Re: Rendering difference between XML/XSLT form PHP and plain XML file

Igor Tandetnik
[hidden email] wrote:

> I am trying to make my XML/XSLT pages generated from PHP-scripts
> usable from Firefox (I am testing on both FF2 on WinXP and FF3 on
> KubuntuLinux bside WinXP/IExplorer6). I encounter a different
> behaviour between pages I have created using a text editor and
> uplaoded to my site and the one generated from my PHP-script.
>
> Please compare the page source of
> http://www.lauwerier.nl/PHPJules/200...hp?plaats_nr=3 with the page
> source of
> http://www.lauwerier.nl/PHPJules/test2.xml
> What is the difference ? They both use the same XSL !
>
> See also my post on
> http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=735925#post735925

Just as you were told in that thred, the difference seems to stem from
the fact that the server reports Content-Type: text/html in one case,
and text/xml in the other.
--
Igor Tandetnik

On Oct 3, 9:50 pm, "Igor Tandetnik" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > I am trying to make my XML/XSLT pages generated from PHP-scripts
> > usable from Firefox (I am testing on both FF2 on WinXP and FF3 on
> > KubuntuLinux bside WinXP/IExplorer6). I encounter a different
> > behaviour between pages I have created using a text editor and
> > uplaoded to my site and the one generated from my PHP-script.
>
> > Please compare the page source of
> >http://www.lauwerier.nl/PHPJules/200...hp?plaats_nr=3with the page
> > source of
> >http://www.lauwerier.nl/PHPJules/test2.xml
> > What is the difference ? They both use the same XSL !
>
> > See also my post on
> >http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=735925#post735925
>
> Just as you were told in that thred, the difference seems to stem from
> the fact that the server reports Content-Type: text/html in one case,
> and text/xml in the other.
> --
> Igor Tandetnik

Solution added to my other post.