Removing user from all components?

Tony G-2
When an employee leaves, rather than deleting the user from Bugzilla, we'd prefer to change the password and then remove them as a default CC from all components. Is there an easy way to do that mass operation, or does it need to be done manually for every component? Thanks.

Re: Removing user from all components?

Tony G-2
In addition, I do set the Disable Text to disable the account.

Re: Removing user from all components?

Tony G-2
Resolved (I believe):
1) Ensure the user does NOT have Disable Text.
2) Search all bugs where CC List includes the user
3) Go to change multiple bugs.
4) In CC List, where the user is now enabled and in the list, select the user.
5) Change option there to "Remove these from the CC List".
6) Add an appropriate comment about why the action is being performed.
7) Click Commit and wait for all bugs to be processed.

Do the same where the user is the Assignee.

The only thing I don't like about this is that everyone associated with the related bugs is getting an email about the change. It would be nice if this internal change could be done quietly.

Re: Removing user from all components?

Andre Klapper
On Tue, 2017-11-07 at 11:31 -0800, Tony G wrote:

> Resolved (I believe):
> 1) Ensure the user does NOT have Disable Text.
> 2) Search all bugs where CC List includes the user
> 3) Go to change multiple bugs.
> 4) In CC List, where the user is now enabled and in the list, select
> the user.
> 5) Change option there to "Remove these from the CC List".
> 6) Add an appropriate comment about why the action is being
> performed.
> 7) Click Commit and wait for all bugs to be processed.
>
> Do the same where the user is the Assignee.
>
> The only thing I don't like about this is that everyone associated
> with the related bugs is getting an email about the change. It would
> be nice if this internal change could be done quietly.

Is there a specific reason why you did not just disable the user
account and email by setting a "Disable Text", so the user cannot log
in anymore and will not receive any bugmail notifications anymore?

As that would not reassign the user's tasks but everything else.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/