Removal of passwordManager.xul from mozilla-central

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Removal of passwordManager.xul from mozilla-central

Matthew N.
Hello,

Some time after Firefox 70 development ends we will be removing
passwordManager.xul from mozilla-central as it is being replaced by
about:logins in Firefox. Since the about:logins UI has Firefox Lockwise
branding and promotes the Lockwise mobile apps which rely on login sync
with Firefox Sync servers (AFAIK) it didn't make much sense to implement it
in toolkit/ so it is in browser/.

I think the best path forward would be to move passwordManager.xul and the
associated JS/CSS files to comm-central for continued use and maintenance
in Thunderbird (someone can already fork it now since it's unlikely to get
any changes anymore). It should continue to work with the existing
nsILoginManager APIs in the short-to-medium term (with no guarantees on the
long term).

In the meantime I would like to know where I can move bugs that are
specific to passwordManager.xul? We're probably talking about one-to-two
dozen bugs that I would like to get out of Toolkit::Password Manager in the
near future. Alternatively, if you don't want them I can also simply close
them but let me know.

Thanks,
Matthew N. (:MattN)
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Removal of passwordManager.xul from mozilla-central

Jörg Knobloch
Thanks for the heads-up, Matthew. I filed
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1569113.

Kindly edit the summary there so we know which M-C bug is tracking the
removal.

Jörg.


_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Removal of passwordManager.xul from mozilla-central

Matthew N.
On 2019-07-26 12:16 a.m., Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> Thanks for the heads-up, Matthew. I filed
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1569113.
>
> Kindly edit the summary there so we know which M-C bug is tracking the
> removal.
>
> Jörg.

Thank you, my main question (which may have got lost in the rest of the
message) was about where we can move bugs about this UI? Do you want
them in Thunderbird::General?

Thanks,
Matthew N. (:MattN)
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Removal of passwordManager.xul from mozilla-central

Jörg Knobloch
On 26 Jul 2019 20:24, Matthew N. wrote:
> Thank you, my main question (which may have got lost in the rest of
> the message) was about where we can move bugs about this UI? Do you
> want them in Thunderbird::General?

Yes, please. Well, it would be good to create a new component for them,
like Thunderbird::Password Manager.

Jörg.

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Removal of passwordManager.xul from mozilla-central

Matthew N.
On 2019-07-26 11:42 a.m., Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2019 20:24, Matthew N. wrote:
>> Thank you, my main question (which may have got lost in the rest of
>> the message) was about where we can move bugs about this UI? Do you
>> want them in Thunderbird::General?
>
> Yes, please. Well, it would be good to create a new component for them,
> like Thunderbird::Password Manager.

That's why I asked :) Let me know when you have your final answer. Since
it's only 1-2 dozen bugs I'm not sure a component is needed TBH. It will
also break my quick searches that use `comp:password` when looking for
bugs relevant to the Firefox password manager but that's just me…

Thanks,
Matthew
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird