Remote FTP calendar with login

Daniel Link-2
Hi,

I just copied my local calendar file to my ftp server. Now when I enter

  ftp://my_user:[hidden email]/Calendar.ics

as remote URL when adding a remote calendar I get an error like

  "This doesn't seem to be a valid file [...] Result:"

and a Firefox window with the calendar data is openend, i.e. the file is
displayed. How do I have to specify the URL to access the calendar file?
I can't just use "ftp://my_ftp.org/Calendar.ics" because this would take
me to a different folder on the server which is reserved for anonymous
read-only access.

Bye,

  Daniel

Re: Remote FTP calendar with login

Moritz 'Morty' Strübe
Daniel Link schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I just copied my local calendar file to my ftp server. Now when I enter
>
>   ftp://my_user:[hidden email]/Calendar.ics
>
> as remote URL when adding a remote calendar I get an error like
>
>   "This doesn't seem to be a valid file [...] Result:"
>
> and a Firefox window with the calendar data is openend, i.e. the file is
> displayed. How do I have to specify the URL to access the calendar file?
> I can't just use "ftp://my_ftp.org/Calendar.ics" because this would take
> me to a different folder on the server which is reserved for anonymous
> read-only access.
>
> Bye,
>
>   Daniel

Does FF schow the correct file if you enter:
ftp://my_user:[hidden email]/Calendar.ics

FF normaly gives a bit more extensive Error-information.

Morty

Re: Remote FTP calendar with login

Daniel Link-2
> Does FF schow the correct file if you enter:
> ftp://my_user:[hidden email]/Calendar.ics
>
> FF normaly gives a bit more extensive Error-information.

It does, that's the strange thing.

Daniel

Re: Remote FTP calendar with login

Rod Whiteley
Daniel Link wrote:
> ...and a Firefox window with the calendar data is openend...

This implies that Calendar is not in Firefox.  If Calendar is in
Thunderbird then you cannot use FTP, because Thunderbird does not
support it.

--
Rod Whiteley