Redstone 1809 update.

Mozilla - General mailing list
My W10 suddenly started updating to Redstone 1809.Fortunately a rollback
is available, but I doubt you can get rid of the new spyware included.

Re: Redstone 1809 update.

WaltS48-9
On 10/2/18 10:39 PM, Luis wrote:
> My W10 suddenly started updating to Redstone 1809.Fortunately a rollback
> is available, but I doubt you can get rid of the new spyware included.

Spyware? Is Russia looking at your data?

Or is it something like Telemetry for Firefox and Ubuntu 18.04s
collection of usage data. Both of which users can opt-out of if they desire.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

Re: Redstone 1809 update.

rebro
Am 03.10.2018 um 04:39 schrieb Luis:
> My W10 suddenly started updating to Redstone 1809.Fortunately a rollback
> is available, but I doubt you can get rid of the new spyware included.

Brace up! There are ways of cleaning up, slimming down, and modifying
new versions of Win 10.  :-D

Re: OT: Redstone 1809 update.

rebro wrote:
> Am 03.10.2018 um 04:39 schrieb Luis:
>> My W10 suddenly started updating to Redstone 1809.Fortunately a
>> rollback is available, but I doubt you can get rid of the new spyware
>> included.
>
> Brace up! There are ways of cleaning up, slimming down, and modifying
> new versions of Win 10.  :-D
Forgot to label the sub as OT:
Redstone: Not big deal. The Clipboard is nothing special. I prefer Ditto
that round circles around the Windows' Clipboard. Other than that I see
nothing spectacular.
According to the time it takes to update I have no doubt that the hidden
code is the important "improvement" for M$ of course.
You're right the task for the following weeks is cleaning up.
I do use O&O ShutUp10 and SpyBot AntiBeacon to take care of all the M$
nuisances but I'm sure those apps will need an update.

Re: OT: Redstone 1809 update.

rebro
Am 03.10.2018 um 17:08 schrieb Luis:

> rebro wrote:
>> Am 03.10.2018 um 04:39 schrieb Luis:
>>> My W10 suddenly started updating to Redstone 1809.Fortunately a
>>> rollback is available, but I doubt you can get rid of the new spyware
>>> included.
>>
>> Brace up! There are ways of cleaning up, slimming down, and modifying
>> new versions of Win 10.  :-D
> Forgot to label the sub as OT:
> Redstone: Not big deal. The Clipboard is nothing special. I prefer Ditto
> that round circles around the Windows' Clipboard. Other than that I see
> nothing spectacular.
> According to the time it takes to update I have no doubt that the hidden
> code is the important "improvement" for M$ of course.
> You're right the task for the following weeks is cleaning up.
> I do use O&O ShutUp10 and SpyBot AntiBeacon to take care of all the M$
> nuisances but I'm sure those apps will need an update.

And re the removal of unwanted Windows (and third party) Apps don't
forget IObit Uninstaller.

Re: OT: Redstone 1809 update.

rebro wrote:

> Am 03.10.2018 um 17:08 schrieb Luis:
>> rebro wrote:
>>>
>>> Brace up! There are ways of cleaning up, slimming down, and modifying
>>> new versions of Win 10.  :-D
>> Forgot to label the sub as OT:
>> Redstone: Not big deal. The Clipboard is nothing special. I prefer
>> Ditto that round circles around the Windows' Clipboard. Other than
>> that I see nothing spectacular.
>> According to the time it takes to update I have no doubt that the
>> hidden code is the important "improvement" for M$ of course.
>> You're right the task for the following weeks is cleaning up.
>> I do use O&O ShutUp10 and SpyBot AntiBeacon to take care of all the M$
>> nuisances but I'm sure those apps will need an update.
>
> And re the removal of unwanted Windows (and third party) Apps don't
> forget IObit Uninstaller.
The problem with IObit (free) is that I'm "allergic" to anything coming
from Cnet :)

Re: OT: Redstone 1809 update.

rebro
Am 03.10.2018 um 17:30 schrieb Luis:

> rebro wrote:

>>> Forgot to label the sub as OT:
>>> Redstone: Not big deal. The Clipboard is nothing special. I prefer
>>> Ditto that round circles around the Windows' Clipboard. Other than
>>> that I see nothing spectacular.
>>> According to the time it takes to update I have no doubt that the
>>> hidden code is the important "improvement" for M$ of course.
>>> You're right the task for the following weeks is cleaning up.
>>> I do use O&O ShutUp10 and SpyBot AntiBeacon to take care of all the
>>> M$ nuisances but I'm sure those apps will need an update.
>>
>> And re the removal of unwanted Windows (and third party) Apps don't
>> forget IObit Uninstaller.
> The problem with IObit (free) is that I'm "allergic" to anything coming
> from Cnet :)

In that case what about Geek Uninstaller offering the same functions?

Re: OT: Redstone 1809 update.

EnDeeGee

https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php