Quantcast

Reading from and writing to a cache entry simultaneously

Reading from and writing to a cache entry simultaneously

Josh Matthews-4
Since I'm trying to build the implementation for bug 898524 on top of
the new cache code, I would like to clarify something. Right now, the
Service Worker spec only supports creating a synthesized Response object
all at once, which means that we'll potentially have to store large
amounts of data in memory. In the future, we're interested in
introducing a streaming response API to ameliorate this problem - does
the cache entry API support this? If the worker is writing data into the
cache entry progressively, it would be best if the channel could be
reading and processing this data at the same time. Is this possible?

Cheers,
Josh