Read-only locales in Pontoon

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi,

In the past days we have enabled a new feature in Pontoon, and it's now
possible to add locales to a project in read-only mode.

While it won't be possible to modify or add translations for projects in
read-only locales, such translations will be available as a Translation
Memory source for:
* Other projects for these locales.
* Other languages (from the LOCALES tab).

In the coming hours we're going to enable the following combinations of
locales/projects in Pontoon in read-only mode.

Project: Firefox
Locales: da, it, ja, nl

Project: Firefox For Android
Locales: it, ja, nl

Project: Firefox for iOS
Locales: gl, nl

Project: AMO
Locales: pl

Project: mozilla.org
Locales: et, nl

Italian was already enabled a couple of weeks ago in order to fully test
the feature.

Please reach out if you notice any issue with this feature in Pontoon.

Francesco

Re: Read-only locales in Pontoon

Delphine L
Actually, heads-up that I talked with Enrique and we agreed to enable
mobile projects in Pontoon as "normal" locales. So Firefox iOS is like that
on Pontoon now.

cheers
delphine

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 10:32 AM Francesco Lodolo [:flod] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the past days we have enabled a new feature in Pontoon, and it's now
> possible to add locales to a project in read-only mode.
>
> While it won't be possible to modify or add translations for projects in
> read-only locales, such translations will be available as a Translation
> Memory source for:
> * Other projects for these locales.
> * Other languages (from the LOCALES tab).
>
> In the coming hours we're going to enable the following combinations of
> locales/projects in Pontoon in read-only mode.
>
> Project: Firefox
> Locales: da, it, ja, nl
>
> Project: Firefox For Android
> Locales: it, ja, nl
>
> Project: Firefox for iOS
> Locales: gl, nl
>
> Project: AMO
> Locales: pl
>
> Project: mozilla.org
> Locales: et, nl
>
> Italian was already enabled a couple of weeks ago in order to fully test
> the feature.
>
> Please reach out if you notice any issue with this feature in Pontoon.
>
> Francesco

Delphine

Re: Read-only locales in Pontoon

Onno Ekker-2
On 22-8-2018 12:32, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the past days we have enabled a new feature in Pontoon, and it's now
> possible to add locales to a project in read-only mode.
>
> While it won't be possible to modify or add translations for projects in
> read-only locales, such translations will be available as a Translation
> Memory source for:
> * Other projects for these locales.
> * Other languages (from the LOCALES tab).
>
> In the coming hours we're going to enable the following combinations of
> locales/projects in Pontoon in read-only mode.
>
> Project: Firefox
> Locales: da, it, ja, nl
>
> Project: Firefox For Android
> Locales: it, ja, nl
>
> Project: Firefox for iOS
> Locales: gl, nl
>
> Project: AMO
> Locales: pl
>
> Project: mozilla.org
> Locales: et, nl
>
> Italian was already enabled a couple of weeks ago in order to fully test
> the feature.
>
> Please reach out if you notice any issue with this feature in Pontoon.
>
> Francesco

Hi Francesco,

Are there any plans to also enable other projects like Thunderbird,
thunderbird.net and SeaMonkey as read-only locales in Pontoon?

Onno

Re: Read-only locales in Pontoon

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
There are no plans, since we don't manage localization for these
projects, but we can do it for specific locales that request them
(assuming they're actually maintained on hg).

Francesco