Re: qplay url

os24u
** Reply to note from [hidden email] Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:00:21 -0800

> Message: 1 Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:08:55 -0600 From: "Christer Jacobsson" <[hidden email]>

> > > Does extensions to the normal MMOS2 classes exist which would enable MMOS2 / DIVE to play more sound
> > > formats than the current .wav, for example .mp3 and .flac sound formats? If so, it would be nice to
> > > able to have SMPmW118, 2.1 and 2.7.2 playing other sound formats, i.e. mail announcement sounds. Ditto
> > > for using 'mppm <filename>.mp3 to play a .mp3 file.
> >
> >  ECS has .ogg and .flac included. Mp3 part available from Hobbes. All this from Darwin O'Connor's
> > audiopak which you would use for OS/2.
> >

> Where can I get this audiopak? It doesn't exist on hobbes as far as I can see.
>
> >  Instead of MMPM are 2 alternatives of qplay.exe. Plays without showing a window. For mp3 without
> > installing classes, could use mpg123.exe <file>. Set that as helper in moz.
> >

> Qplay - now where can I get it? I suppose that it is not a quickmotion player like the old QuickFlick
> (qf.exe)? Perhaps Mplayer can play quickmotion files, but where do I get the codecs it needs - no
> codecs is distributed in the Mplayer package.

 Qplay stands for "quiet play", no window appears. It plays the song and exits.

ftp://ftp.wisdomtree.info/os2/mmedia/audio/qplay.zip  I use this one
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/fm2/fm2utils.zip inside of this is another qplay.exe, similar

 Both of above will play any /MMOS2 codec.

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/codec/mmecs_mp3.zip

 This is missing codec from ECS. Vorbis/flac already in ECS.

Mplayer has the codecs builtin, that's why is large exectutable. Lxlite it, gui's for it include
SMplayer (large), Moosick (medium), Rplayer and Audiocentre (small)

        Cal