Re: news.eternal-september.org times out

Re: news.eternal-september.org times out

WaltS48-5
On 03/05/2017 08:32 PM, JAS wrote:

> JAS wrote:
>> njoracle wrote:
>>> Anyone else having a problem with the connection to
>>> news.eternal-september.org
>>> timing out? Started about 20 minutes ago.
>>>
>> Yes, it has done that to me for some time now and also aioe --I'm using
>> SM 2.47 and Win 7 Pro. I can read a few posts and then it times out.
>> JAS
> I just received the following:
> The connection was refused when attempting to contact
> news.eternal-september.org:119

Is it a SeaMonkey problem, or Eternal September problem?

So far it doesn't appear to be a SeaMonkey problem.

Cross posted and followup set to mozilla.general.😬

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Re: news.eternal-september.org times out

njoracle
WaltS48 wrote:

> On 03/05/2017 08:32 PM, JAS wrote:
>> JAS wrote:
>>>>
>>> Yes, it has done that to me for some time now and also aioe --I'm using
>>> SM 2.47 and Win 7 Pro. I can read a few posts and then it times out.
>>> JAS
>> I just received the following:
>> The connection was refused when attempting to contact
>> news.eternal-september.org:119
>

> Is it a SeaMonkey problem, or Eternal September problem?
>
> So far it doesn't appear to be a SeaMonkey problem.
>
> Cross posted and followup set to mozilla.general.😬

It must be Eternal September. It worked for a couple of hours but is not working
now. Keep getting "no new messages on the server" for all of my subscribed NGs.
I can send a message to alt.test but it doesn't download it.

njoracle wrote:

> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> I just received the following:
>>> The connection was refused when attempting to contact
>>> news.eternal-september.org:119
>>

>> Is it a SeaMonkey problem, or Eternal September problem?
>>
>> So far it doesn't appear to be a SeaMonkey problem.
>>
>> Cross posted and followup set to mozilla.general.😬
>>
> It must be Eternal September. It worked for a couple of hours but is not working
> now. Keep getting "no new messages on the server" for all of my subscribed NGs.
> I can send a message to alt.test but it doesn't download it.

Alt.test post just downloaded so it may be working.

njoracle wrote:

> njoracle wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Is it a SeaMonkey problem, or Eternal September problem?
>>>
>>> So far it doesn't appear to be a SeaMonkey problem.
>>>
>>> Cross posted and followup set to mozilla.general.😬
>>>
>> It must be Eternal September. It worked for a couple of hours but is not working
>> now. Keep getting "no new messages on the server" for all of my subscribed NGs.
>> I can send a message to alt.test but it doesn't download it.
>>
> Alt.test post just downloaded so it may be working.

Ray Banana just announce that there was a hardware failure but it has now been
fixed.