Re: mozilla.support.thunderbird AND mozilla.support.firefox

Re: mozilla.support.thunderbird AND mozilla.support.firefox

Balaco ocalaB
Em 16-08-2018 14:36, 😉 Good Guy 😉 escreveu:

> It looks like the two Newsgroups have gone 100% censorship.  Nothing
> appears for hours.  At first I thought it was a temporary server problem
> but it looks like ChrisI has gone for complete shutdown.
>
> Couple of guys asked in those NGs and they were told to contact the
> moderator privately.

I do not feel bad for that. Kind of the opposite. I was silently put in
the situation of "source which cannot post anything" for reasons I
disagree that exist - and discussion or anything clear was not done with
me, never. And my posts or threads there were just deleted! So I cannot
even show to anyone that my arguments against the actions are valid and
good.

RIPFAM - Rest In Peace Far Away [from] Me

--
=
        quem você é?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: mozilla.support.thunderbird AND mozilla.support.firefox

WaltS48-9
On 8/16/18 1:36 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:

> It looks like the two Newsgroups have gone 100% censorship. Nothing
> appears for hours.  At first I thought it was a temporary server
> problem but it looks like ChrisI has gone for complete shutdown.
>
> Couple of guys asked in those NGs and they were told to contact the
> moderator privately.

There is a report on IRC that some users are having a problem with long
delays with mail delivery through the mailman mailing lists.

Probably the reason since they are connected to the newsgroups.

It took hours for my posts to appear.

Re: mozilla.support.thunderbird AND mozilla.support.firefox

Daniel-2
Balaco ocalaB wrote on 17/08/2018 4:13 AM:

> Em 16-08-2018 14:36, 😉 Good Guy 😉 escreveu:
>>
>> It looks like the two Newsgroups have gone 100% censorship.  Nothing
>> appears for hours.  At first I thought it was a temporary server problem
>> but it looks like ChrisI has gone for complete shutdown.
>>
>> Couple of guys asked in those NGs and they were told to contact the
>> moderator privately.
>>

> I do not feel bad for that. Kind of the opposite. I was silently put in
> the situation of "source which cannot post anything" for reasons I
> disagree that exist - and discussion or anything clear was not done with
> me, never. And my posts or threads there were just deleted! So I cannot
> even show to anyone that my arguments against the actions are valid and
> good.
>
> RIPFAM - Rest In Peace Far Away [from] Me

I think ChrisI would suggest that the Support groups are *only* for
*SUPPORT* . Generalised discussion of your hopes and dreams for Firefox
*ARE NOT* Support!!

But, then, what would I know??

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623

Re: mozilla.support.thunderbird AND mozilla.support.firefox

Dave Royal
WaltS48 <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:

> There is a report on IRC that some users are having a problem with long
> delays with mail delivery through the mailman mailing lists.
>
> Probably the reason since they are connected to the newsgroups.
>
> It took hours for my posts to appear.

I had a post to m.s.fx take > 24 hrs to appear a few days ago.
 was using a different UA to usual and I wondered if that had
 caused the message to be flagged for moderation.

I assume they try to filter spam from the NGs which impersonates a
 trusted user. (If I am a trusted user;)

I doubt if these NGs will exist for much longer - just my opinion.
--
Remove numerics from email address.