Re: error message when creating test cases in Testopia 2.5

Re: error message when creating test cases in Testopia 2.5

Arkonos
Have you figured why this error appears and how to get rid of it?
As you said, it does not seem to limit functionality but it's slightly annoying and worries the users.

Am Dienstag, 1. Juli 2014 19:23:41 UTC+2 schrieb Richard Aronson:

> Howdy...
>

> We are running Testopia 2.5 with Bugzilla 4.4 in a virtual development server while learning and developing our test case management strategy.
>

> When I try to create a new test case, I am getting the following error.
>

> [cid:image002.png@01CF9516.876DC190]
>

> Here is the full text of the message:

> There was an error loading the data: <h1>Software error:</h1>
>
> <pre>Can't call method &quot;login&quot; on an undefined value at C:/Program Files/bugzilla/tr_quicksearch.cgi line 463.
>
> </pre>

> For help, please send mail to the webmaster (<a href="mailto:[hidden email]">[hidden email]</a<mailto:[hidden email]%3c/a>>), giving this error message
>
> and the time and date of the error.

> Currently it does not seem to impede our ability to create cases, but I would like to understand this error before we port this Testopia over to our "real" Bugzilla database.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>

> Richard Aronson
>
> Engineering Test Manager
>

> [cid:image001.jpg@01CF9516.01267370]
>
> W: 510.814.7000 ext. 609
>
> C: 510.589.4035
>

> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: error message when creating test cases in Testopia 2.5

rashubhardwaj7
On Friday, October 17, 2014 at 2:17:35 PM UTC-4, Arkonos wrote:

> Have you figured why this error appears and how to get rid of it?
> As you said, it does not seem to limit functionality but it's slightly annoying and worries the users.
>
> Am Dienstag, 1. Juli 2014 19:23:41 UTC+2 schrieb Richard Aronson:
> > Howdy...
> >

> > We are running Testopia 2.5 with Bugzilla 4.4 in a virtual development server while learning and developing our test case management strategy.
> >

> > When I try to create a new test case, I am getting the following error.
> >

> > [cid:image002.png@01CF9516.876DC190]
> >

> > Here is the full text of the message:

> > There was an error loading the data: <h1>Software error:</h1>
> >
> > <pre>Can't call method &quot;login&quot; on an undefined value at C:/Program Files/bugzilla/tr_quicksearch.cgi line 463.
> >
> > </pre>

> > For help, please send mail to the webmaster (<a href="mailto:[hidden email]">[hidden email]</a<mailto:[hidden email]%3c/a>>), giving this error message
> >
> > and the time and date of the error.

> > Currently it does not seem to impede our ability to create cases, but I would like to understand this error before we port this Testopia over to our "real" Bugzilla database.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rich
> >

> > Richard Aronson
> >
> > Engineering Test Manager
> >

> > [cid:image001.jpg@01CF9516.01267370]
> >
> > W: 510.814.7000 ext. 609
> >
> > C: 510.589.4035
> >

> > [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

How to resolve this error ? Again, it doesn't effect functionality but pops up every time a new test case is created .

Re: error message when creating test cases in Testopia 2.5

Ryan Wilson-9
By the location of the error, it looks like you do not use the QA contact field in your configuration. This has been resolved in bug 980234 and will be included in the next version of Testopia, but to ensure compatibility, please use the patch provided in https://github.com/bugzilla/extensions-Testopia/commit/f536f83f343151cb0cfc1eff00c7e9434c23c6d6