Re: duplicate msgs

Miles-4
* g wrote, On 28-Aug-11 22:56:

> in going back thru thread to help op, i noted i had not replied to your
> post.
>
> On 08/11/2011 01:57 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> <>
>
>> So, you would rather have an old, stale program that doesn't keep up
>> with the new things available with new technology, and security flaws
>> that aren't fixed, so that nothing changes?
>
> it may be old in some respects, but as you can see if you look at headers,
>
> you are using;

>     rv:6.0) Gecko/20110729 Thunderbird/6.0
>
> i was using;

> and now using;

> which is more current than your v/r.
>

> my 2.0.0.24 is updated with latest security fixes, etc., via *back porting*,
> not version and release changing.
>

>> OK, your choice.  turn off updating.  Enjoy.
>> Bet you won't like it for long.
>
> actually, updating of thunderbird within thunderbird is disabled and i
> am enjoying it. for some time now.
>

> if you would like to debate this,
>
>    followup set to moz.gen.
>
> as for myself, i would rather spend time trying to help op "miles" fix
> his problem.

Thanks to G's patience this has been fixed.  As far as I can determine
it related to erroneous coding in in one of my gmail accounts that
automatically fetched msgs, even though it couldn't be seen..  It
resisted everything until I went into the account and set up and
deleted a new fetch.  And I've asked the question of gmail tech to see
if they have an explanation.