Re: creating new profile

os24u
** Reply to note from [hidden email] Wed, 14 Aug 2019 12:00:02 +0000

> 1. Creating a new profile without the xxxxxxxx.slt catalog (Christer Jacobsson)
>
> She(*) must create a new profile for Her mailer, SMPMW118 because the  current profile is sick The new profile shall
> reside on the FAT32 R:  partition, be named Brekke and don't have that pesky xxxxxxxx.slt  catalog in it (i.e. keep it
> simple). So how can this be accomplished?  The current FF She uses 17.0.1ESR wont get th the Tips page because a
> secure connection can't be established. So how should She proceed to do  this?

 If you are asking whether you can shorten profile directory name such as: Path=Profiles/qomfmafr.FF10
appears you cannot remove it and have Firefox load.

 Tried renaming above directory to FF10, edit profiles.ini to match and Firefox says another instance is running and will not
load. Have read other reports that it can be done, but I have not accomplished that.

        Cal

Re: creating new profile

Dave Yeo-3
[hidden email] wrote:
>  Tried renaming above directory to FF10, edit profiles.ini to match and Firefox says another instance is running and will not
> load. Have read other reports that it can be done, but I have not accomplished that.

Tried similar with SM, the Profile Manager removed the unsalted name
from profiles.ini.
Dave

Re: creating new profile

Steven Levine-3
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 02:43:25 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

Hi,

> Tried similar with SM, the Profile Manager removed the unsalted name
> from profiles.ini.

It's a simple process:

  - shut down the browser
  - rename the profile directory
  - edit profile.ini to match
  - restart the browser

An example would be:

[Profile0]
Name=Steven
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/steven
Default=1

The profile numbers must be monotonic and start at 0 or the broswer
will delete the ones after the sequence break.

Steven

Re: creating new profile

Ray Davison
[hidden email] wrote:

>   If you are asking whether you can shorten profile directory name such as: Path=Profiles/qomfmafr.FF10
> appears you cannot remove it and have Firefox load.

You can have as many profiles as you want, put them anywhere you want,
name them anything you want, and select whatever profile you want when
you run either SM, FF, PM.

All my profile sub-directories are are in a profiles directory, in the
root of drive I, which is a data partition.  The programs are off the
root of H which is an apps partition.

The thing that makes all this simple is to run all of the apps with a
-Profilemanager switch.

Re: creating new profile

Ian Manners-4
> > Tried similar with SM, the Profile Manager removed the unsalted name
> > from profiles.ini.
>
> It's a simple process:
>
>   - shut down the browser
>   - rename the profile directory
>   - edit profile.ini to match
>   - restart the browser

you need to edit the prefs.js file to match re directory names as well.