Re: building fx 1.5 with pango support

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: building fx 1.5 with pango support

Axel Hecht-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> hi all,
>
> Trying to build firefox 1.5 which I pulled from FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE.
>
> successfully built without any option ie.
>
> root@comp105:FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE# more mozconfig-firefox
> . $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
> mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/mybuild
>
> #make -f client.mk build
>
>
> but It didn't have pango enabled so couldn't render devnagari. when added --enable-pango in the
> mozconfig, it gave some error. so when tried manually with
>

We really need this error here to help.

> ./configure --prefix=/usr '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man' '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info'
> --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/firefox --enable-pango
> --with-user-appdir=.mozilla --with-system-png=/usr --with-system-jpeg=/usr --disable-mailnews
> --disable-composer --disable-ldap --enable-postscript --disable-installer --enable-xprint
> --enable-crypto --enable-strip-libs --enable-canvas --enable-svg --enable-svg-renderer=cairo
> --enable-system-cairo --enable-mathml --disable-tests --disable-gtktest --disable-debug
> --enable-xft '--enable-optimize=-pipe\ -w\ -O2' --with-system-zlib=/usr --without-system-nspr
> --enable-xinerama --enable-extensions=default --disable-pedantic --disable-long-long-warning
> --enable-single-profile --disable-profilesharing --enable-gnomevfs --enable-application=browser
> --disable-installer --disable-updater --enable-chrome-format=flat --enable-static --disable-shared
>

I'm having a hard time to dissect all these, and some of them sound
unfortunate (flat chrome, for one).

Not sure if xft, pango and gtk2 should go together in this combination.

(And you should really use a topic as folks may just skip (no subject)
posts without bothering at all, I just read it because I recognized your
name)

Axel

> # make
>
> gave following error
>
>
> -------------------
>
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontMetricsXft::GetWidth(char const*, unsigned int, int&, nsRenderingContextGTK*)':nsFontMetricsX
> ft.cpp:(.text+0x2d0): undefined reference to `XftTextExtents8'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontMetricsXft::SetupMiniFont()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x4d1): undefined reference to
> `XftDefaultSubstitute'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x508): undefined reference to `XftFontOpenPattern'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x593): undefined reference to `XftTextExtents8'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontMetricsXft::DrawUnknownGlyph(unsigned int, int, int, _XftColor*,
> _XftDraw*)':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x7b9): undefined reference to `XftDrawRect'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x7fa): undefined reference to `XftDrawRect'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x855): undefined reference to `XftDrawRect'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x8c4): undefined reference to `XftDrawRect'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x972): undefined reference to `XftDrawString8'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x9ee): undefined reference to `XftDrawString8'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0xa56): undefined reference to `XftDrawString8'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0xac2): undefined reference to `XftDrawString8'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0xb47): undefined reference to `XftDrawString8'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o):nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0xba5): more
> undefined references to `XftDrawString8' follow
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXft::~nsFontXft()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1944): undefined reference to
> `XftFontClose'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXft::~nsFontXft()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x19d4): undefined reference to
> `XftFontClose'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXft::~nsFontXft()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1a64): undefined reference to
> `XftFontClose'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXft::GetXftFont()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1b41): undefined reference to
> `XftFontOpenPattern'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXft::GetTextExtents32(unsigned int const*, unsigned int, _XGlyphInfo&)':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:
> (.text+0x1ba0): undefined reference to `XftTextExtents32'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXft::CharToGlyphIndex(unsigned int)':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1bd1): undefined
> reference to `XftCharIndex'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXftCustom::~nsFontXftCustom()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1cba): undefined reference to
> `XftUnlockFace'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXftCustom::~nsFontXftCustom()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1d0e): undefined reference to
> `XftUnlockFace'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXftCustom::~nsFontXftCustom()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1d62): undefined reference to
> `XftUnlockFace'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXftCustom::CharToGlyphIndex(unsigned int)':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1fa7): undefined
> reference to `XftCharIndex'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXftCustom::SetFT_FaceCharmap()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x1ff1): undefined reference to
> `XftLockFace'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsAutoDrawSpecBuffer::Flush()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x20b4): undefined reference to
> `XftGlyphExtents'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x2102): undefined reference to `XftDrawGlyphFontSpec'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXft::DrawStringSpec(unsigned int*, unsigned int, void*)':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x22ff):
>  undefined reference to `XftGlyphExtents'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `GdkRegionSetXftClip(_GdkRegion*, _XftDraw*)':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x2c65): undefined
> reference to `XftDrawSetClipRectangles'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontMetricsXft::SetupFCPattern()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x2ff8): undefined reference to
> `XftDefaultSubstitute'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontXftCustom::GetTextExtents32(unsigned int const*, unsigned int,
> _XGlyphInfo&)':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x3752): undefined reference to `XftTextExtents32'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x37fd): undefined reference to `XftGlyphExtents'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontMetricsXft::~nsFontMetricsXft()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x3fdc): undefined reference to
> `XftFontClose'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontMetricsXft::~nsFontMetricsXft()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x4136): undefined reference to
> `XftFontClose'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontMetricsXft::~nsFontMetricsXft()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x4290): undefined reference to
> `XftFontClose'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsFontMetricsXft.o): In function
> `nsFontMetricsXft::CacheFontMetrics()':nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x50f0): undefined reference to
> `XftLockFace'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x536f): undefined reference to `XftTextExtents16'
> :nsFontMetricsXft.cpp:(.text+0x5840): undefined reference to `XftUnlockFace'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(mozilla-decoder.o): In function
> `mozilla_decoders_init':mozilla-decoder.cpp:(.text+0x9fb): undefined reference to
> `pango_xft_get_font_map'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.o): In function
> `nsDrawingSurfaceGTK::~nsDrawingSurfaceGTK()':nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.cpp:(.text+0x4b4): undefined
> reference to `XftDrawDestroy'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.o): In function
> `nsDrawingSurfaceGTK::~nsDrawingSurfaceGTK()':nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.cpp:(.text+0x548): undefined
> reference to `XftDrawDestroy'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.o): In function
> `nsDrawingSurfaceGTK::~nsDrawingSurfaceGTK()':nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.cpp:(.text+0x5dc): undefined
> reference to `XftDrawDestroy'
> ../../dist/lib/components/libgfx_gtk.a(nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.o): In function
> `nsDrawingSurfaceGTK::GetXftDraw()':nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.cpp:(.text+0xa8e): undefined reference to
> `XftDrawCreate'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [firefox-bin] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE/mozilla/browser/app'
> make[2]: *** [libs] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE/mozilla/browser'
> make[1]: *** [tier_99] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE/mozilla'
> make: *** [default] Error 2
>
> --------------------------
>
>
>
> Please help. I need to build pango enabled firefox.
>
>
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: building fx 1.5 with pango support

Wolfgang Rosenauer-2
Axel Hecht wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> hi all,
>> Trying to build firefox 1.5 which I pulled from FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE.
>>
>> successfully built without any option ie.
>> root@comp105:FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE# more mozconfig-firefox
>> . $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
>> mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/mybuild
>>
>> #make -f client.mk build
>>
>>
>> but It didn't have pango enabled so couldn't render devnagari. when
>> added --enable-pango in the
>> mozconfig, it gave some error. so when tried manually with
>
> We really need this error here to help.
>
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
>> '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info'
>> --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
>> --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/firefox --enable-pango
>> --with-user-appdir=.mozilla --with-system-png=/usr
>> --with-system-jpeg=/usr --disable-mailnews
>> --disable-composer --disable-ldap --enable-postscript
>> --disable-installer --enable-xprint
>> --enable-crypto --enable-strip-libs --enable-canvas --enable-svg
>> --enable-svg-renderer=cairo
>> --enable-system-cairo --enable-mathml --disable-tests
>> --disable-gtktest --disable-debug
>> --enable-xft '--enable-optimize=-pipe\ -w\ -O2'
>> --with-system-zlib=/usr --without-system-nspr
>> --enable-xinerama --enable-extensions=default --disable-pedantic
>> --disable-long-long-warning
>> --enable-single-profile --disable-profilesharing --enable-gnomevfs
>> --enable-application=browser
>> --disable-installer --disable-updater --enable-chrome-format=flat
>> --enable-static --disable-shared
>>
>
> I'm having a hard time to dissect all these, and some of them sound
> unfortunate (flat chrome, for one).
>
> Not sure if xft, pango and gtk2 should go together in this combination.
>
> (And you should really use a topic as folks may just skip (no subject)
> posts without bothering at all, I just read it because I recognized your
> name)

Which version of GTK do you use? With GTK >= 2.7 you can't build with
enable-pango out of the box with any version of Firefox (hmm, maybe
cairo-gtk2 versions work)
If you run such a version of GTK please check
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=305185

(I still don't understand why nobody reviews it finally)

Wolfgang
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: building fx 1.5 with pango support

Boris Zbarsky
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
> (I still don't understand why nobody reviews it finally)

Because the person you asked for review is no longer active?

-Boris
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds