Re: accelerator keys normalizer?

Marcelo Poli-3

Yury Tarasievich ha escrito:

> Hi,
>
> When trying to start TB with my translation, some parts of interface have
> latin accelerators added in parentheses, e.g., "(A)", and some parts of
> interface won't come up at all (when started via cmd line parameters). Main
> screen is all screwed up.

Accelerator keys in parentheses (A) appear when the accel key doesn't
appear in the text. This is one of the cases when you should
"translate" the accel key.

Re: accelerator keys normalizer?

Yury Tarasievich
On 15 October 2005 21:39, [hidden email] wrote:

> Yury Tarasievich ha escrito:
> >
> > When trying to start TB with my translation, some parts of interface have
> > latin accelerators added in parentheses, e.g., "(A)", and some parts of
> > interface won't come up at all (when started via cmd line parameters).
> > Main screen is all screwed up.
>
> Accelerator keys in parentheses (A) appear when the accel key doesn't
> appear in the text. This is one of the cases when you should
> "translate" the accel key.

Thanks, but I've already guessed that much... :)) What I'd like to know is
there's a program doing this tedious work for me. :)

But given almost complete lack of response, what's more probable, I'll end
writing this myself, or (horror horror) doing all accelerators by hand. :(

And what about "errors in interface engine", red text on pale yellow
background, telling me about errors and not telling where the errors occur or
what I'm supposed to do?

I'm completely ignorant in thunderbird's interface programming, I only want to
complete my translation. :)

-regards

Re: accelerator keys normalizer?

Marcelo Poli
Search this ng for locale-inspector.
http://downloads.mozdev.org/br/locale-inspector.zip
It doesn't repair you accel keys, but shows a report of where are the
wrong letters.

On 18 October 2005 03:14, Marcelo Poli wrote:
> Search this ng for locale-inspector.
> http://downloads.mozdev.org/br/locale-inspector.zip
> It doesn't repair you accel keys, but shows a report of where are the
> wrong letters.

Yes, I've seen that, thanks. Shame it's for windows and even sources aren't
compilable on unix. Or are they? Thanks all the same!

-regards

Re: accelerator keys normalizer?

Novica Nakov
> Yes, I've seen that, thanks. Shame it's for windows and even sources aren't
> compilable on unix. Or are they? Thanks all the same!

You can run locale-inspector on linux. You just need mono.

--
Novica

On 18 October 2005 19:11, Novica Nakov wrote:
> You can run locale-inspector on linux. You just need mono.

Will the ximian-mono do? Thanks.

Re: accelerator keys normalizer?

Novica Nakov
> Will the ximian-mono do? Thanks.

I see no reason why it shouldn't. Try it.

--
Novica