Re: about obama

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1437 messages Options
1234 ... 72
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

WaltS48
On 02/08/2015 09:48 PM, john sumner wrote:
> cant this moron STFU during the grammysno one wants to hear him
>


Who wants to watch the Grammy's? There hasn't been any good music since the 80's.

However I was out listening to a good jazz group, so would have missed them anyway.

--
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.0a1
[Coexist ยท Understanding Across Divides](https://www.coexist.org/)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Rinaldi
john sumner decreed, Read These Runes!:
> cant this moron STFU during the grammysno one wants to hear him
 
I've read narcissistic personality disorder requires he insert himself into whatever is happening.  The ultimate selfie.

--
Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a
hole in his head.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Martin Edwards-3
In reply to this post by WaltS48
On 09/02/2015 03:02, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 02/08/2015 09:48 PM, john sumner wrote:
>> cant this moron STFU during the grammysno one wants to hear him
>>
>
>
> Who wants to watch the Grammy's? There hasn't been any good music since
> the 80's.
>
> However I was out listening to a good jazz group, so would have missed
> them anyway.
>
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally.  History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember.  -Albert Goldman
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Wolf K.
In reply to this post by Rinaldi
On 2015-02-08 10:42 PM, john sumner wrote:
> Rinaldi <[hidden email]> wrote in news:[hidden email]:
>
>> I've read narcissistic personality disorder requires he insert
>> himself into whatever is happening.  The ultimate selfie.
>
> too bad for us

Oh, qwitcherbitchin'. You have a democracy in which everybody votes. So
other people don't vote the way you do. Tough shit. That's life.

Just focus on something you like for a change. It will be good for your
health.

Have a good day,


--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Rinaldi
Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:

> On 2015-02-08 10:42 PM, john sumner wrote:
>> Rinaldi <[hidden email]> wrote in news:[hidden email]:
>>
>>> I've read narcissistic personality disorder requires he insert
>>> himself into whatever is happening.  The ultimate selfie.
>>
>> too bad for us
>
> Oh, qwitcherbitchin'. You have a democracy in which everybody votes. So
> other people don't vote the way you do. Tough shit. That's life.

Common misconception.  We have a republic.
 
> Just focus on something you like for a change. It will be good for your
> health.

Right.  The world is falling apart but if you keep your head in the sand you won't notice.  
 
> Have a good day,
 
Always.

--
Alden's Laws:
        (1) Giving away baby clothes and furniture is the major cause
            of pregnancy.
        (2) Always be backlit.
        (3) Sit down whenever possible.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Wolf K.
On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:

> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> On 2015-02-08 10:42 PM, john sumner wrote:
>>> Rinaldi <[hidden email]> wrote in news:[hidden email]:
>>>
>>>> I've read narcissistic personality disorder requires he insert
>>>> himself into whatever is happening.  The ultimate selfie.
>>>
>>> too bad for us
>>
>> Oh, qwitcherbitchin'. You have a democracy in which everybody votes. So
>> other people don't vote the way you do. Tough shit. That's life.
>
> Common misconception.  We have a republic.

So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?

>> Just focus on something you like for a change. It will be good for your
>> health.
>
> Right.  The world is falling apart but if you keep your head in the sand you won't notice.

Irrelevant comment, misreading my point, probably because of
insufficient attention to the phrase "for a change". So I'll be
explicit, to help you get it:

Enjoy a shot of single malt, and watch the sun set. Or whatever else
calms you down. You'll have time enough slay the dragons after you wake
up tomorrow, refreshed and strengthened for the fray.

>> Have a good day,
>
> Always.

Me too.

--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Rinaldi
Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:

> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>> On 2015-02-08 10:42 PM, john sumner wrote:
>>>> Rinaldi <[hidden email]> wrote in news:[hidden email]:
>>>>
>>>>> I've read narcissistic personality disorder requires he insert
>>>>> himself into whatever is happening.  The ultimate selfie.
>>>>
>>>> too bad for us
>>>
>>> Oh, qwitcherbitchin'. You have a democracy in which everybody votes. So
>>> other people don't vote the way you do. Tough shit. That's life.
>>
>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>
> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?

Thank you for totally misrepresenting what I said.  
 
>>> Just focus on something you like for a change. It will be good for your
>>> health.
>>
>> Right.  The world is falling apart but if you keep your head in the
>> sand you won't notice.
>
> Irrelevant comment, misreading my point, probably because of
> insufficient attention to the phrase "for a change". So I'll be
> explicit, to help you get it:

Thanks for that.  I was out looking for a Drum Circle.  I'm back now.
 
> Enjoy a shot of single malt, and watch the sun set. Or whatever else
> calms you down. You'll have time enough slay the dragons after you wake
> up tomorrow, refreshed and strengthened for the fray.

I'd rather be fishing.  

>>> Have a good day,
>>
>> Always.
>
> Me too.

Then why are you such an asshole?

--
"A raccoon tangled with a 23,000 volt line today.  The results blacked
out 1400 homes and, of course, one raccoon."
                -- Steel City News
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Ed Mullen-9
In reply to this post by Wolf K.
Wolf K. wrote on 2/9/2015 11:24 AM:
> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>
> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?

Very important distinction and a commonly made mistake, even in the
U.S.A. and especially the press.

<https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm>

Technically, the U.S.A. is a "representational republic."

In addition, the voters do not directly elect the president.  Instead,
their vote  (in most cases) binds their state's electoral college
electors to vote for a candidate.  It is conceivable that the
presidential candidate with less than the popular vote could be elected.

In a true democracy (and I stress that the U.S.A. is NOT one) one
person, one vote, directly for the candidate or issue.

For more reading you can Google "republic vs democracy" and
"representational republic."

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/
Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions,
including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog. - Doug
Larson
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Wolf K.
In reply to this post by Rinaldi
On 2015-02-09 11:55 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
[...]
>>>> Oh, qwitcherbitchin'. You have a democracy in which everybody votes. So
>>>> other people don't vote the way you do. Tough shit. That's life.
>>>
>>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>>
>> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?
>
> Thank you for totally misrepresenting what I said.

Your comment implies that "republic" is alternative to "democracy".
Otherwise, why even refer to "republic"? Anyhow, if you want to get
picky, you have an oligarchy with a few democratic trappings for
decoration, like vinyl stickers on a pickup truck. We have one too, only
ours is more discreet. Looks better parked in front of a hotel.

>>>> Just focus on something you like for a change. It will be good for your
>>>> health.
>>>
>>> Right.  The world is falling apart but if you keep your head in the
>>> sand you won't notice.
>>
>> Irrelevant comment, misreading my point, probably because of
>> insufficient attention to the phrase "for a change". So I'll be
>> explicit, to help you get it:
>
> Thanks for that.  I was out looking for a Drum Circle.  I'm back now.

Good one.

>> Enjoy a shot of single malt, and watch the sun set. Or whatever else
>> calms you down. You'll have time enough slay the dragons after you wake
>> up tomorrow, refreshed and strengthened for the fray.
>
> I'd rather be fishing.

Go for it.

>>>> Have a good day,
>>>
>>> Always.
>>
>> Me too.
>
> Then why are you such an asshole?

Well, you came across as one, with your comment about heads in the sand,
so I played tit-for-tat. I don't usually do that. I usually ignore
dumbass political posts too, I just finally had enough of the anti-Obama
hate spewed here. I don't care a rat's ass one way or the other, he's
not my Fearless Leader. We have our own troubles with Mr Harper. But I
don't talk about it _here_.

Good luck fishing. Up here, you'd need a nice warm ice-fishing hut. ;-)

--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

WaltS48
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-9
On 02/09/2015 01:24 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Wolf K. wrote on 2/9/2015 11:24 AM:
>> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>>
>> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?
>
> Very important distinction and a commonly made mistake, even in the
> U.S.A. and especially the press.
>
> <https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm>
>
> Technically, the U.S.A. is a "representational republic."
>
> In addition, the voters do not directly elect the president.  Instead,
> their vote  (in most cases) binds their state's electoral college
> electors to vote for a candidate.  It is conceivable that the
> presidential candidate with less than the popular vote could be elected.
>
> In a true democracy (and I stress that the U.S.A. is NOT one) one
> person, one vote, directly for the candidate or issue.
>
> For more reading you can Google "republic vs democracy" and
> "representational republic."
>


For more reading you can also look at, National Popular Vote -- Electoral college reform by direct election of the President - http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

--
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.0a1
[Coexist ยท Understanding Across Divides](https://www.coexist.org/)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Rinaldi
WaltS48 decreed, Read These Runes!:

> For more reading you can also look at, National Popular Vote --
> Electoral college reform by direct election of the President -
> http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/
 
I don't think they'll ever get the 2/3ds required for an amendment but I could be wrong.

--
Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Rinaldi
In reply to this post by Wolf K.
Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:

> On 2015-02-09 11:55 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>>> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
> [...]
>>>>> Oh, qwitcherbitchin'. You have a democracy in which everybody
>>>>> votes. So
>>>>> other people don't vote the way you do. Tough shit. That's life.
>>>>
>>>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>>>
>>> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?
>>
>> Thank you for totally misrepresenting what I said.
>
> Your comment implies that "republic" is alternative to "democracy".
> Otherwise, why even refer to "republic"? Anyhow, if you want to get
> picky, you have an oligarchy with a few democratic trappings for
> decoration, like vinyl stickers on a pickup truck. We have one too, only
> ours is more discreet. Looks better parked in front of a hotel.

More precisely a democratic republic.  Not alternative but complimentary.  Built in safeguards to prevent against pure democracy's mob rule.

>>>>> Just focus on something you like for a change. It will be good for
>>>>> your
>>>>> health.
>>>>
>>>> Right.  The world is falling apart but if you keep your head in the
>>>> sand you won't notice.
>>>
>>> Irrelevant comment, misreading my point, probably because of
>>> insufficient attention to the phrase "for a change". So I'll be
>>> explicit, to help you get it:
>>
>> Thanks for that.  I was out looking for a Drum Circle.  I'm back now.
>
> Good one.
>
>>> Enjoy a shot of single malt, and watch the sun set. Or whatever else
>>> calms you down. You'll have time enough slay the dragons after you wake
>>> up tomorrow, refreshed and strengthened for the fray.
>>
>> I'd rather be fishing.
>
> Go for it.
>
>>>>> Have a good day,
>>>>
>>>> Always.
>>>
>>> Me too.
>>
>> Then why are you such an asshole?
>
> Well, you came across as one, with your comment about heads in the sand,
> so I played tit-for-tat. I don't usually do that. I usually ignore
> dumbass political posts too, I just finally had enough of the anti-Obama
> hate spewed here. I don't care a rat's ass one way or the other, he's
> not my Fearless Leader. We have our own troubles with Mr Harper. But I
> don't talk about it _here_.

I often come across as an asshole.  Sometimes pompously so.  PC is beyond my comprehension.  

You fall into the trap of conflating disagreement with hate.  I abhor the man's policies, yet find enough humanity in him not to hate him.  My patience with his leadership failures is wearing thin.  Less than two years of tolerance left!

> Good luck fishing. Up here, you'd need a nice warm ice-fishing hut. ;-)

Actually been mid 70's here (Oklahoma) for the past two days.  A lull between the ice storms.  

--
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on
society.
                -- Mark Twain
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

WaltS48
In reply to this post by Rinaldi
On 02/09/2015 01:44 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
> WaltS48 decreed, Read These Runes!:
>
>> For more reading you can also look at, National Popular Vote --
>> Electoral college reform by direct election of the President -
>> http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/
>
> I don't think they'll ever get the 2/3ds required for an amendment but I could be wrong.
>


Legalizing marijuana is much more important. :(

--
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.0a1
[Coexist ยท Understanding Across Divides](https://www.coexist.org/)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Rinaldi
WaltS48 decreed, Read These Runes!:

> On 02/09/2015 01:44 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
>> WaltS48 decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>
>>> For more reading you can also look at, National Popular Vote --
>>> Electoral college reform by direct election of the President -
>>> http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/
>>
>> I don't think they'll ever get the 2/3ds required for an amendment but
>> I could be wrong.
>>
>
>
> Legalizing marijuana is much more important. :(
 
Bread and circuses ;-)

--
After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

RAV-2
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-9
On 2/9/2015 1:24 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Wolf K. wrote on 2/9/2015 11:24 AM:
>> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>>
>> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?
>
> <Snip>
>
> In addition, the voters do not directly elect the president.  Instead,
> their vote  (in most cases) binds their state's electoral college
> electors to vote for a candidate.  It is conceivable that the
> presidential candidate with less than the popular vote could be elected.
>
> <Snip>

And it has.  In particular, four times when a president was elected by a
majority of electors but didn't win the popular vote:  Adams (1824),
Hayes (1876), Harrison (1888), Bush (2000).
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰
In reply to this post by Rinaldi
On 09/02/2015 16:11, Rinaldi wrote:
> Right. The world is falling apart but if you keep your head in the
> sand you won't notice.

Correct. Stop watching the Grammys and instead listen to the President
[of the World] what has he got to say about this world.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Wolf K.
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-9
On 2015-02-09 1:24 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Wolf K. wrote on 2/9/2015 11:24 AM:
>> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>>
>> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?
>
> Very important distinction and a commonly made mistake, even in the
> U.S.A. and especially the press.
>
> <https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm>
>
> Technically, the U.S.A. is a "representational republic."
>
> In addition, the voters do not directly elect the president.  Instead,
> their vote  (in most cases) binds their state's electoral college
> electors to vote for a candidate.  It is conceivable that the
> presidential candidate with less than the popular vote could be elected.
>
> In a true democracy (and I stress that the U.S.A. is NOT one) one
> person, one vote, directly for the candidate or issue.
>
> For more reading you can Google "republic vs democracy" and
> "representational republic."

"One person, one vote directly for any candidate and on any issue" is a
rather narrow definition. Moreover, calling this a "true" democracy
verges on a religionist stance towards politics IMO. Historically and
pragmatically, a democracy is any system in which the population (or
some defined part of it, as in ancient Athens) votes on who will govern.
You can argue whether one system is more or less democratic than
another, but the conclusions always depends on the selection and
weighting of the data.

IOW, the technical distinctions adduced above make no real difference in
the context of this sub-thread, whose theme is "Other people voted
differently than you did, so you didn't get what you wanted".

Sure, the indirect vote for US President distorts differences in the
popular vote, especially since in all but two States, the winner gets
all the electoral votes. But distorting differences in popular votes
also results from the first-past-the-post system of Congressional
election, where a small shift in the popular vote can produce a huge
shift in Congress. Add to this the effects of gerrymandering of
Congressional Districts, and the two Senators per State, and the US
Primary system of selecting candidates before the "real" election.

But distortions of popular votes happen in all systems. Furthermore,
it's been shown that any voting system will dissatisfy a significant
proportion of the electorate. Can't recall who did it, but he showed
that given six candidates with different levels and kinds of support,
and six voting systems, it's possible for each candidate to win,
depending on which system is used. The Founding Fathers of the USA
decided what they decided, presumably because they felt that it yield
the best government that was humanly possible.

The bottom line is that one way or another, individual votes count, but
there's no guarantee that your preferences will prevail. The whingeing
about election results always, and I stress always, results from other
people voting differently than you did.

And keep in mind that every politician does what some people want him to
do. That you aren't among the people who want him to do whatever he does
is just your tough luck.

Have a good day,

--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Ron Hunter
In reply to this post by Wolf K.
On 2/9/2015 9:05 AM, Wolf K. wrote:

> On 2015-02-08 10:42 PM, john sumner wrote:
>> Rinaldi <[hidden email]> wrote in news:[hidden email]:
>>
>>> I've read narcissistic personality disorder requires he insert
>>> himself into whatever is happening.  The ultimate selfie.
>>
>> too bad for us
>
> Oh, qwitcherbitchin'. You have a democracy in which everybody votes. So
> other people don't vote the way you do. Tough shit. That's life.
>
> Just focus on something you like for a change. It will be good for your
> health.
>
> Have a good day,
>
>
Not enough people vote.  If even 80% of the people voted, I would feel
better about whomever they elected.  But in this case, it just depends
on how many Democrats come to the polls vs. how many Republicans come to
the polls.  Independents don't have much choice.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Ron Hunter
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-9
On 2/9/2015 12:24 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Wolf K. wrote on 2/9/2015 11:24 AM:
>> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>>
>> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?
>
> Very important distinction and a commonly made mistake, even in the
> U.S.A. and especially the press.
>
> <https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm>
>
> Technically, the U.S.A. is a "representational republic."
>
> In addition, the voters do not directly elect the president.  Instead,
> their vote  (in most cases) binds their state's electoral college
> electors to vote for a candidate.  It is conceivable that the
> presidential candidate with less than the popular vote could be elected.
>
> In a true democracy (and I stress that the U.S.A. is NOT one) one
> person, one vote, directly for the candidate or issue.
>
> For more reading you can Google "republic vs democracy" and
> "representational republic."
>
What results is that a relatively few people voting in one area can
override the votes of more people from another area.  The real problem
is the states that use the 'winner takes all' method for allocating
their electoral votes.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: about obama

Ron Hunter
In reply to this post by Rinaldi
On 2/9/2015 12:40 PM, Rinaldi wrote:

> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> On 2015-02-09 11:55 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>>> On 2015-02-09 11:11 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>>>> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> [...]
>>>>>> Oh, qwitcherbitchin'. You have a democracy in which everybody
>>>>>> votes. So
>>>>>> other people don't vote the way you do. Tough shit. That's life.
>>>>>
>>>>> Common misconception.  We have a republic.
>>>>
>>>> So "republic" and "democracy" are mutually exclusive categories? How so?
>>>
>>> Thank you for totally misrepresenting what I said.
>>
>> Your comment implies that "republic" is alternative to "democracy".
>> Otherwise, why even refer to "republic"? Anyhow, if you want to get
>> picky, you have an oligarchy with a few democratic trappings for
>> decoration, like vinyl stickers on a pickup truck. We have one too, only
>> ours is more discreet. Looks better parked in front of a hotel.
>
> More precisely a democratic republic.  Not alternative but complimentary.  Built in safeguards to prevent against pure democracy's mob rule.
>
>>>>>> Just focus on something you like for a change. It will be good for
>>>>>> your
>>>>>> health.
>>>>>
>>>>> Right.  The world is falling apart but if you keep your head in the
>>>>> sand you won't notice.
>>>>
>>>> Irrelevant comment, misreading my point, probably because of
>>>> insufficient attention to the phrase "for a change". So I'll be
>>>> explicit, to help you get it:
>>>
>>> Thanks for that.  I was out looking for a Drum Circle.  I'm back now.
>>
>> Good one.
>>
>>>> Enjoy a shot of single malt, and watch the sun set. Or whatever else
>>>> calms you down. You'll have time enough slay the dragons after you wake
>>>> up tomorrow, refreshed and strengthened for the fray.
>>>
>>> I'd rather be fishing.
>>
>> Go for it.
>>
>>>>>> Have a good day,
>>>>>
>>>>> Always.
>>>>
>>>> Me too.
>>>
>>> Then why are you such an asshole?
>>
>> Well, you came across as one, with your comment about heads in the sand,
>> so I played tit-for-tat. I don't usually do that. I usually ignore
>> dumbass political posts too, I just finally had enough of the anti-Obama
>> hate spewed here. I don't care a rat's ass one way or the other, he's
>> not my Fearless Leader. We have our own troubles with Mr Harper. But I
>> don't talk about it _here_.
>
> I often come across as an asshole.  Sometimes pompously so.  PC is beyond my comprehension.
>
> You fall into the trap of conflating disagreement with hate.  I abhor the man's policies, yet find enough humanity in him not to hate him.  My patience with his leadership failures is wearing thin.  Less than two years of tolerance left!
>
>> Good luck fishing. Up here, you'd need a nice warm ice-fishing hut. ;-)
>
> Actually been mid 70's here (Oklahoma) for the past two days.  A lull between the ice storms.
>
75 here in Fort Worth, Tx. right now.  Beautiful day!

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
1234 ... 72