Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

Daniel-257
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> John Boyle wrote:
>> To Roy: How did you do with your Turkey hunting? Have you got your
>> Thanksgiving Turkey all taken care of? I just traded in my older shotgun
>> for a new Benelli but have not shot it yet! Hope to go to Tacoma
>> Sportsman's Club :-) on Sunday and just see what it will do!
>
> yikes!!!!   Better not upset this guy or he'll blow our brains out! :-) :-D

I've always thought John was a very intelligent fellow!!

Cross-post and Follow up set to Moz.gen.

Daniel

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

squaredancer
On 25.04.2009 11:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
generate the following:? :

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>
>> John Boyle wrote:
>>
>>> To Roy: How did you do with your Turkey hunting? Have you got your
>>> Thanksgiving Turkey all taken care of? I just traded in my older shotgun
>>> for a new Benelli but have not shot it yet! Hope to go to Tacoma
>>> Sportsman's Club :-) on Sunday and just see what it will do!
>>>
>> yikes!!!!   Better not upset this guy or he'll blow our brains out! :-) :-D
>>

> I've always thought John was a very intelligent fellow!!
>
> Cross-post and Follow up set to Moz.gen.
>
> Daniel

na, Daniel - I reckon that even in Oz, anyone who actually SHOOTS a
shotgun must be a nutter.... we always FIRE them!

reg

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

Daniel-257
squaredancer wrote:

> On 25.04.2009 11:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> generate the following:? :
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> yikes!!!!   Better not upset this guy or he'll blow our brains out!
>>> :-) :-D
>>>

>> I've always thought John was a very intelligent fellow!!
>>
>> Cross-post and Follow up set to Moz.gen.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> na, Daniel - I reckon that even in Oz, anyone who actually SHOOTS a
> shotgun must be a nutter.... we always FIRE them!
>
> reg

Why would you want to stick it in a fire for??? Or are you trying to
temper it some more??

And, by-the-by, I don't see where John says he "SHOOTS" his shotty, just
that he has "not shot it yet"! To poor, un-educated, me, that seems
correct use of the King's ....

Daniel

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

squaredancer
On 30.04.2009 02:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 25.04.2009 11:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> I've always thought John was a very intelligent fellow!!
>>>
>>> Cross-post and Follow up set to Moz.gen.
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> na, Daniel - I reckon that even in Oz, anyone who actually SHOOTS a
>> shotgun must be a nutter.... we always FIRE them!
>>
>> reg
>>

> Why would you want to stick it in a fire for??? Or are you trying to
> temper it some more??
>
> And, by-the-by, I don't see where John says he "SHOOTS" his shotty, just
> that he has "not shot it yet"! To poor, un-educated, me, that seems
> correct use of the King's ....
>
> Daniel

"did you shoot your dog yet?"
"did you fire your gun yet?"

reg

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

clay-14
squaredancer wrote:

> On 30.04.2009 02:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 25.04.2009 11:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> na, Daniel - I reckon that even in Oz, anyone who actually SHOOTS a
>>> shotgun must be a nutter.... we always FIRE them!
>>>
>>> reg
>>>

>> Why would you want to stick it in a fire for??? Or are you trying to
>> temper it some more??
>>
>> And, by-the-by, I don't see where John says he "SHOOTS" his shotty,
>> just that he has "not shot it yet"! To poor, un-educated, me, that
>> seems correct use of the King's ....
>>
>> Daniel
>>
> "did you shoot your dog yet?"

He's not very photogenic.

> "did you fire your gun yet?"

Can't. It has tenure.

Ain't words fun?

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

squaredancer
On 30.04.2009 16:21, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  clay to
generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 30.04.2009 02:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> Why would you want to stick it in a fire for??? Or are you trying to
>>> temper it some more??
>>>
>>> And, by-the-by, I don't see where John says he "SHOOTS" his shotty,
>>> just that he has "not shot it yet"! To poor, un-educated, me, that
>>> seems correct use of the King's ....
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> "did you shoot your dog yet?"
>>

> He's not very photogenic.

*lol* Clay.....

No, but I TOOK A SHOT of it......

>> "did you fire your gun yet?"
>>

> Can't. It has tenure.

hmmmm - that sounds like a dodgy contract....

our publican has a new CD changer, for 5 CDs - when they change, it
sounds like my bones contracting, when I get out of bed in the mornings :-(

> Ain't words fun?

One of the great things about the english language - playing with words.
There aren't many languages (if any at all ??) in which you can play on
words and expressions, as in english!

1) Go to a car boot sale and ask for "three car boots please, at sale
price" - see what happens.
2) Same when you see a notice "please ring" - well, lady, it says here
to please ring, so I rang.....
3) Take a walk around a "factory outlet"... wait for security and ask
them "where does the factory come out??"
4) an old one - in a french restaurant, ask the waiter "have you got
frog's legs??"

reg

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

squaredancer wrote:

> On 30.04.2009 02:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 25.04.2009 11:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> na, Daniel - I reckon that even in Oz, anyone who actually SHOOTS a
>>> shotgun must be a nutter.... we always FIRE them!
>>>
>>> reg
>>>

>> Why would you want to stick it in a fire for??? Or are you trying to
>> temper it some more??
>>
>> And, by-the-by, I don't see where John says he "SHOOTS" his shotty,
>> just that he has "not shot it yet"! To poor, un-educated, me, that
>> seems correct use of the King's ....
>>
>> Daniel
>>
> "did you shoot your dog yet?"
> "did you fire your gun yet?"
>
> reg

no, the one that will shot your dog is John B:
news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Notice: Free Speech applies everywhere in the FREE
world, except for some strange reason, not on the
mozilla.org newsgroup servers.  Therefore, replying to
this message may get your posting deleted or may get
you banned from the group, by the Lunacy of the Mozilla
Bullies.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

Daniel-257
squaredancer wrote:

> On 30.04.2009 16:21, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  clay to
> generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 30.04.2009 02:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> "did you shoot your dog yet?"

Why would I want to shoot Dru For?? No, I have not shot Dru!

>> He's not very photogenic.

My dog is cute, but a bit of a BITCH!

> *lol* Clay.....
>
> No, but I TOOK A SHOT of it......
>

>>> "did you fire your gun yet?"
>>>

>> Can't. It has tenure.
>>

> hmmmm - that sounds like a dodgy contract....
>
> our publican has a new CD changer, for 5 CDs - when they change, it
> sounds like my bones contracting, when I get out of bed in the mornings :-(

Strange bones you have there, reg! I know our skeletons shrink during
the day, but I didn't think it was because the bones were contracting!!!

>> Ain't words fun?
>>

> One of the great things about the english language - playing with words.
> There aren't many languages (if any at all ??) in which you can play on
> words and expressions, as in english!
>
> 1) Go to a car boot sale and ask for "three car boots please, at sale
> price" - see what happens.
> 2) Same when you see a notice "please ring" - well, lady, it says here
> to please ring, so I rang.....
> 3) Take a walk around a "factory outlet"... wait for security and ask
> them "where does the factory come out??"
> 4) an old one - in a french restaurant, ask the waiter "have you got
> frog's legs??"
>
> reg

Daniel

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

Daniel-257
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> squaredancer wrote:
>> On 30.04.2009 02:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> Why would you want to stick it in a fire for??? Or are you trying to
>>> temper it some more??
>>>
>>> And, by-the-by, I don't see where John says he "SHOOTS" his shotty,
>>> just that he has "not shot it yet"! To poor, un-educated, me, that
>>> seems correct use of the King's ....
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>
>> "did you shoot your dog yet?"
>> "did you fire your gun yet?"
>>
>> reg
>>

> no, the one that will shot your dog is John B:
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]

No, Peter, John B may HAVE shot your dog (i.e. passed tense). He may
shoot you dog, anyway (future tense)!

Daniel

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

Daniel wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>> On 30.04.2009 02:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> "did you shoot your dog yet?"
>>> "did you fire your gun yet?"
>>>
>>> reg
>>>

>> no, the one that will shot your dog is John B:
>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>>

> No, Peter, John B may HAVE shot your dog (i.e. passed tense). He may
> shoot you dog, anyway (future tense)!
>
> Daniel

isn't that what I said?

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Notice: Free Speech applies everywhere in the FREE
world, except for some strange reason, not on the
mozilla.org newsgroup servers.  Therefore, replying to
this message may get your posting deleted or may get
you banned from the group, by the Lunacy of the Mozilla
Bullies.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

Daniel-257
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> no, the one that will shot your dog is John B:
>>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>>>

>> No, Peter, John B may HAVE shot your dog (i.e. passed tense). He may
>> shoot you dog, anyway (future tense)!
>>
>> Daniel
>
> isn't that what I said?

Well, the way I read "the one that will shot your dog is John B" is that
you are a little bit illiterate, try to use a past tense word (shot) in
the future tense (i.e. will shoot)!!

But I'm not perfect with my tensing, so could quite easily be wrong!

Daniel

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

squaredancer
On 01.05.2009 01:34, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
generate the following:? :

<<snipped>>

> Why would I want to shoot Dru For?? No, I have not shot Dru!
>

>>> He's not very photogenic.
>>>

> My dog is cute, but a bit of a BITCH!

Beautiful
Intelligent
Trendy
Charming
Horny

saw that on a touring-van containing 5 aussie girls...

<<snipped>>

>> our publican has a new CD changer, for 5 CDs - when they change, it
>> sounds like my bones contracting, when I get out of bed in the mornings :-(
>>

> Strange bones you have there, reg! I know our skeletons shrink during
> the day, but I didn't think it was because the bones were contracting!!!

yepp - supposedly, as we get older, we get smaller but boy, have you
noticed just HOW FAR DOWN the floor is getting ??

reg

<<snipped>>

Re: Your Turkey hunting trip!

squaredancer
On 01.05.2009 01:37, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
generate the following:? :

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 30.04.2009 02:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> "did you shoot your dog yet?"
>>> "did you fire your gun yet?"
>>>
>>> reg
>>>

>> no, the one that will shot your dog is John B:
>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>>

> No, Peter, John B may HAVE shot your dog (i.e. passed tense).

> He may shoot you dog, anyway (future tense)!
>
> Daniel

careful, boyo - Peter is a hippo.. not a "you dog"

reg