Re: Which release is merged/announced where currently?

Re: Which release is merged/announced where currently?

Ingolf Steinbach-2
On 2019-04-26, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> some minutes ago my Bugzilla surprised me with notes about the release
> of 5.0.6, which already happened months ago. I'm not pretty often at
> the index page of Bugzilla and therefore seemed to have missed it.

I had nearly the same surprise: while https://www.bugzilla.org/
reports releases up to 5.0.4, https://www.bugzilla.org/download/ has
the link to 5.0.6.

What's a bit alarming: that might be an indicator for some
uncoordinated release "management". https://www.bugzilla.org/releases/
states the properties of the "Current Stable Release" (i.e. 5.0.x), in
particular "No database schema changes". However, you find "As it is
now 2019, the bugs_fulltext table is now InnoDB instead of MyISAM.
This may cause upgrade headaches." in the 5.0.5 changes and "This
release contains a schema change to the flagtypes table, allowing for
many more flagtypes." for 5.0.6. In my opinion, neither of these two
changes should have been incorporated in a 5.0.x release.

Kind regards
Ingolf

PS: I *do* appreciate that we see bugzilla development (other than
just spelling corrections) again after a long period of stagnation.
However, I'd prefer to see these changes in master.