Re: Where's gwtc

Mumia W..-3
On 11/03/2006 12:13 PM, Andreas wrote:

> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed in
> a boating mishap.
>
> If you read this message:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
> or
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>
> then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch. We
> {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a care
> in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right into a
> pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a sudden one
> of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our boat.  At that
> exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed him right on the
> back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but coudn't get him out.
> Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they pulled us out, he was
> already dead.
>
> Andreas

My condolences go to you and to GWTC's family. He will be missed.

Re: Where's gwtc

Billy Reid
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Frank Wein wrote:
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>> You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Andreas just might happen to
>>> have access to gw's story archive.  Maybe! ;)
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> I must admit the story sounds a bit strange and I also haven't found
>> anything on the internet about such an accident recently...maybe I'm a
>> bit too wary, but there has been abuse with such things in the past on
>> the Usenet and on the internet in general.
>>
>> Frank
>
> I would wonder too, but knowing the close relationship between GW and
> Andreas, I fear the worst has occurred.
>
> Lee
None of the local Vancouver newspapers carried any such story between
Sep 22 to Oct 30. I hope Andreas tells us more!

Bill

Re: Where's gwtc

Jay Garcia

Re: Where's gwtc

Jay Garcia

Re: Where's gwtc

Leonidas Jones
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 06.11.2006 02:03, Andreas wrote:

Didn't HJ supply the mailto link?

Lee

Re: Where's gwtc

Jay Garcia
On 06.11.2006 10:29, Leonidas Jones wrote:

> [...]

Oh, yah, you're right ... Then Andreas should have responded to that as
well. Wonder why not?

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Where's gwtc

Jay Garcia
On 06.11.2006 02:03, Andreas wrote:

>> On 05.11.2006 00:57, HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

Sorry, I thought you had posted the address. below is exactly what I
emailed to that address.

Sir, please note the post below in one of our newsgroups. Since GWTC was
one of our posters, we were saddened to hear of his untimely demise.
Would you please be so kind as to direct me to a news story or even
supply documentation as to the event so that we may become more
knowledgeable as regards this tragedy.

>> We {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a

Re: Where's gwtc

Ed Mullen
Andreas wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 05.11.2006 00:57, HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

Why no reply to my (polite) query upthread?  Nor to Jay's query of 11/3?
  And now to all of a sudden jump in here with this?

Every comment made in reply to your OP has been supportive and humane.
No one intimated that it didn't happen, we were just honestly curious
for more details on the incident and the man.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Re: Where's gwtc

Jay Garcia
On 06.11.2006 11:17, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Why no reply to my (polite) query upthread?  Nor to Jay's query of 11/3?
>   And now to all of a sudden jump in here with this?
>
> Every comment made in reply to your OP has been supportive and humane.
> No one intimated that it didn't happen, we were just honestly curious
> for more details on the incident and the man.

The "silence" is deafining isn't it.

That's all I wanted was more information to better get a handle on "G".

I have an acquaintance that is a member of GSA (Georgia Straits
Administration). I emailed him with the inquiry, surely they should know
something or a link to a news account. Could be that it's being witheld
for family reasons at the moment, who knows.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Where's gwtc

squaredancer
On 06/11/2006 20:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :

>On 06.11.2006 11:17, Ed Mullen wrote:

yeah, well... Andreas' last post *WAS* rather ultimate, wasn't it :-(

reg

On 06.11.2006 13:22, squaredancer wrote:

> On 06/11/2006 20:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
> generate the following:? :
>
>>On 06.11.2006 11:17, Ed Mullen wrote:

True but after we explained our intentions he should reply in kind IMHO
of course.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Where's gwtc

The Real Bev
squaredancer wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>
>>On 06.11.2006 11:17, Ed Mullen wrote:
>>
>>>Why no reply to my (polite) query upthread?  Nor to Jay's query of 11/3?
>>>And now to all of a sudden jump in here with this?
>>>
>>>Every comment made in reply to your OP has been supportive and humane.
>>>No one intimated that it didn't happen, we were just honestly curious
>>>for more details on the incident and the man.
>>
>>The "silence" is deafining isn't it.
>
> yeah, well... Andreas' last post *WAS* rather ultimate, wasn't it :-(

I emailed him saying roughly the same thing this morning.  No response yet.

I find it truly amazing that the death of people we know only by
posts/email can affect us so strongly.  I've "known" perhaps half a
dozen people who died, some by accident, some by disease and some by
suicide, and all affected me more than the deaths of certain real people
I've known.

Perhaps that makes us better people than we thought we were, or at least
less cynical.  Or something.

>>That's all I wanted was more information to better get a handle on "G".
>>
>>I have an acquaintance that is a member of GSA (Georgia Straits
>>Administration). I emailed him with the inquiry, surely they should know
>>something or a link to a news account. Could be that it's being witheld
>>for family reasons at the moment, who knows.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Re: Where's gwtc

Irwin Greenwald-3
Andreas wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 05.11.2006 00:57, HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

Now that sounds just like mhornyt (AKA critters)!

--
Irwin

Requests for help sent to my email address will be ignored

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

Re: Where's gwtc

John McWilliams via TB
Andreas wrote:

> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed in
> a boating mishap.
>
> If you read this message:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
> or
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>
> then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch. We
> {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a care
> in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right into a
> pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a sudden one
> of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our boat.  At that
> exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed him right on the
> back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but coudn't get him out.
> Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they pulled us out, he was
> already dead.

My sincere condolences to you and all his family and friends. He is missed.

--
John McWilliams

Re: Where's gwtc

RJack-10
Bill wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Frank Wein wrote:

>>> I must admit the story sounds a bit strange and I also haven't found
>>> anything on the internet about such an accident recently...maybe I'm
>>> a bit too wary, but there has been abuse with such things in the past
>>> on the Usenet and on the internet in general.
>>>
>>> Frank
>>
>> I would wonder too, but knowing the close relationship between GW and
>> Andreas, I fear the worst has occurred.
>>
>> Lee
> None of the local Vancouver newspapers carried any such story between
> Sep 22 to Oct 30. I hope Andreas tells us more!
>
> Bill

Why do you guys pick on Andreas, he's the smartest participant in the group.