Re: Where's gwtc

Leonidas Jones
Andreas wrote:

> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed in
> a boating mishap.
>
> If you read this message:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
> or
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>
> then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch. We
> {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a care
> in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right into a
> pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a sudden one
> of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our boat.  At that
> exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed him right on the
> back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but coudn't get him out.
> Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they pulled us out, he was
> already dead.
>
> Andreas

I am so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your friend, I know how
close you were.

On the other hand, it is good to have you back Andreas!

Lee

Re: Where's gwtc

squaredancer
On 03/11/2006 19:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Andreas to
generate the following:? :

>I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
>but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
>My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
>in a boating mishap.
>
>If you read this message:
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
>or
>news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>
>then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch.
>We {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a
>care in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right
>into a pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a
>sudden one of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our boat.
>  At that exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed him
>right on the back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but coudn't
>get him out.  Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they pulled
>us out, he was already dead.
>
>Andreas

well - we will sure miss that ornery ol' man... please extend my
condolences to his family.
I sure hope for yourself that you can get over the apalling shock of
experiencing such a horror trip!

reg

Re: Where's gwtc

Jay Garcia

Re: Where's gwtc

The Real Bev
Andreas wrote:

> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
> in a boating mishap.

That's terrible.  I hope somebody finds comfort in tears shed by a
stranger, but I probably wouldn't.

Godspeed.

Re: Where's gwtc

Jay Garcia
On 03.11.2006 13:52, The Real Bev wrote:

>> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
>> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>>
>> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
>> in a boating mishap.
>
> That's terrible.  I hope somebody finds comfort in tears shed by a
> stranger, but I probably wouldn't.
>
> Godspeed.

We're all "strangers" here to one another except for those of us that
aren't.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Where's gwtc

Irwin Greenwald-3
Andreas wrote:

> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed in
> a boating mishap.
>
> If you read this message:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
> or
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>
> then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch. We
> {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a care
> in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right into a
> pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a sudden one
> of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our boat.  At that
> exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed him right on the
> back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but coudn't get him out.
> Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they pulled us out, he was
> already dead.
>
> Andreas

Although GWTC was not one of my favorite people, I am certainly not
"dancing in the streets".  I am appalled at the accident that took him
and more so at your having to witness it.  As others have said, my
condolences to you for the loss of a friend and - of course - to his
family.  Like Jay, I would like to learn more about the man.

Irwin

Re: Where's gwtc

Ed Mullen
Andreas wrote:

> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed in
> a boating mishap.
>
> If you read this message:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
> or
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>
> then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch. We
> {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a care
> in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right into a
> pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a sudden one
> of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our boat.  At that
> exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed him right on the
> back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but coudn't get him out.
> Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they pulled us out, he was
> already dead.
>
> Andreas

What terrible news.  I'm very sorry to hear about this.  My condolences
to you and all of his friends and family.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Re: Where's gwtc

s|b-2
On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:13:05 -0800, Andreas wrote:

> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
> in a boating mishap.
8>< snip

I am very, very sorry to hear this.  He was a great guy and so helpful
with a lovely sense of humour.

He'll be sorely missed.

My condolences and prayers to you and to gwtc's family and other
friends.

Re: Where's gwtc

Alex K.-4
Andreas wrote:
> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
> in a boating mishap.

How very tragic.  My sincere condolences to you, his family, & friends.

Please don't take the following the wrong way, it is not meant as a
scolding or rebuke, just a statement of my thoughts on the subject.

Although he occasionally rubbed me the wrong way, I certainly won't be
dancing in the streets, and I really don't believe that any of the
regulars here would be either.

We may have our disagreements here, from time to time, but then, that is
the nature of newsgroups, forums, etc., anywhere opinions are expressed.
 But I don't believe that disagreement translates into wishing someone
dead, for most reasonable people, anyway.  We may wish they would go
away sometimes, but not in this permanent sense.

Although I can only really speak for myself, I would like to think that
the other regulars here think/feel the same way.  Optimistic?  Maybe,
but that's what I would like to believe.

Again, my sincere condolences.

--
Alex K.

Re: Where's gwtc

Billy Reid
So sorry to lose gwtc. I missed his pithy comments and helpfulness this
past few weeks and had been asking where he'd got to. A tragedy for all
concerned. My prayers are with those who loved him.
Bill

Re: Where's gwtc

Ron Lopshire
Andreas wrote:

> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed in
> a boating mishap.
>
> If you read this message:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
> or
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]

Sorry to hear of your (and our) loss, Andreas. I will miss gwtc's
input _and_ style. I have always appreciated the iconoclasts of the world.

Ron :-(

Re: Where's gwtc

squaredancer
On 04/11/2006 14:21, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Ron Lopshire
to generate the following:? :

>Andreas wrote:
>

>>My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed in
>>a boating mishap.
>>
>>If you read this message:
>>
>>http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
>>or
>>news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>>

>Sorry to hear of your (and our) loss, Andreas. I will miss gwtc's
>input _and_ style. I have always appreciated the iconoclasts of the world.
>
>Ron :-(

..... yepp, Ron - and not to mention *all those* "to be continued
tomorrow"  that we will now *never* get to read...

reg

Re: Where's gwtc

Leonidas Jones
squaredancer wrote:

> On 04/11/2006 14:21, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Ron Lopshire
> to generate the following:? :
>
>> Andreas wrote:
>>

>>> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
>>> in a boating mishap.
>>>
>>> If you read this message:
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
>>>
>>> or
>>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>>>

>> Sorry to hear of your (and our) loss, Andreas. I will miss gwtc's
>> input _and_ style. I have always appreciated the iconoclasts of the
>> world.
>>
>> Ron :-(
>>

> ..... yepp, Ron - and not to mention *all those* "to be continued
> tomorrow"  that we will now *never* get to read...
>
> reg

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Andreas just might happen to have
access to gw's story archive.  Maybe! ;)

Lee

Re: Where's gwtc

NoOp-2
Andreas wrote:
> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,

Not likely.

> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
> in a boating mishap.

Please accept my sincere condolences. I rather liked GWTC.
Gotta admit it was certainly one heck of a way to go...

R.I.P. GWTC

Re: Where's gwtc

Skree
Ed Mullen Spoke Thus and So about This and That:

> Andreas wrote:
>> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
>> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>>
>> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
>> in a boating mishap.
>>
>> If you read this message:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
>>
>> or
>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>>
>> then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch.
>> We {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a
>> care in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right
>> into a pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a
>> sudden one of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our
>> boat.  At that exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed
>> him right on the back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but
>> coudn't get him out.  Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they
>> pulled us out, he was already dead.
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> What terrible news.  I'm very sorry to hear about this.  My condolences
> to you and all of his friends and family.

I wish to offer my condolences.

I've only been on this group a little while, but I always looked forward
to GWTC's "to be continued" sigs.

I also found his help straight forward and sincere.

Again, we've all lost someone who cared enough about others to offer his
help and with in this forum.

My best wishes to his friends and family

Kenn

Re: Where's gwtc

caver1-2
NoOp wrote:

> Andreas wrote:
>> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
>
> Not likely.
>
>> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
>> in a boating mishap.
>>

> Please accept my sincere condolences. I rather liked GWTC.
> Gotta admit it was certainly one heck of a way to go...
>
> R.I.P. GWTC

I always liked gwtc's outlook and perspective and humor. I guess the
going is fitting. All the best to his family.

Re: Where's gwtc

Frank Wein
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Andreas just might happen to have
> access to gw's story archive.  Maybe! ;)
>
> Lee

I must admit the story sounds a bit strange and I also haven't found
anything on the internet about such an accident recently...maybe I'm a
bit too wary, but there has been abuse with such things in the past on
the Usenet and on the internet in general.

Frank

Re: Where's gwtc

Ed Mullen
Andreas wrote:

> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>
> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed in
> a boating mishap.
>
> If you read this message:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
> or
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>
> then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch. We
> {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a care
> in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right into a
> pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a sudden one
> of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our boat.  At that
> exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed him right on the
> back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but coudn't get him out.
> Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they pulled us out, he was
> already dead.
>
> Andreas

Andreas,

Can you provide any links to press coverage of this tragedy?  I've tried
searching extensively online since you posted to no avail.  It would
seem that such an event would have caught the attention of local (if not
national) press.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Re: Where's gwtc

Leonidas Jones
Frank Wein wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Andreas just might happen to have
>> access to gw's story archive.  Maybe! ;)
>>
>> Lee
>
> I must admit the story sounds a bit strange and I also haven't found
> anything on the internet about such an accident recently...maybe I'm a
> bit too wary, but there has been abuse with such things in the past on
> the Usenet and on the internet in general.
>
> Frank

I would wonder too, but knowing the close relationship between GW and
Andreas, I fear the worst has occurred.

Lee

Re: Where's gwtc

HJ van Rantwijk
Ed Mullen wrote:

> Andreas wrote:
>> I know a lot of you will be dancing in the streets when you hear this,
>> but if he was here today he really couldn't care less.
>>
>> My long time friend, mentor and business associate, GWTC, was killed
>> in a boating mishap.
>>
>> If you read this message:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/msg/c079fee0dc0abfe1
>>
>> or
>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>>
>> then you would have found out that he was going on a boat for lunch.
>> We {I was there}, were sailing around in the Georgia Straits without a
>> care in the world.  Without realizing it, we happened to sail right
>> into a pod of killer whales.  They came out of now where. All of a
>> sudden one of the killer whales surfaced and hit the side of our
>> boat.  At that exact moment, G stood up and the boom swung and smashed
>> him right on the back of his head. He went over.  I jumped in, but
>> coudn't get him out.  Luckily, the Coast Guard was near by.  When they
>> pulled us out, he was already dead.
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> Andreas,
>
> Can you provide any links to press coverage of this tragedy?  I've tried
> searching extensively online since you posted to no avail.  It would
> seem that such an event would have caught the attention of local (if not
> national) press.

Greg Miller <[hidden email]> is the regional Coast Guard Unit
Leader and his unit works in the Georgia Strait.  Why don't you ask him?

/HJ