Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Andreas Kohl
Peter Weilbacher schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> if you go to by builds webpage (see sig), and as usual reload the frame
> you will find new releases of all my unofficial Mozilla based programs
> (SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb).

Thanks,

> They are all built from exactly the
> same codebase so running the concurrently should not require Run!, all
> still require the libc05.dll from Innotek.
>
but I have problems running NVU concurrently. Even when using run! or
startup-script I got an error in MOZJS.DLL everytime. The HTML Composer
from Seamonkey 1.0 doesn't handle german umlauts correctly.

> Changes from previous releases:
> - Workaround fix for the attachment-related crashes, WPS objects are
>   still picked up using Rich's RWS code, (remote) icons are not (all)
> - Fixed slow display of ibsensoftware.com webpage (SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx)
> - Fix remaining SVG issues (PmW-Fx)
> - Fix scrollbarbutton display (PmW-Tb)
> - Perhaps fix LDAP autocomplete (SeaMonkey, PmW-Tb)
> - Installer EXE now also installs lxLite-compressed files (SeaMonkey)
> - merged ReadMe.* with README.txt, and changed it to include new
>   newsgroup name
> - security fixes and minor changes picked up with normal Mozilla.org
>   changes since the last releases.
>
> I also spent lots of time to create update packages for all ZIP build
> lovers that should work if you unzip them into the existing directory.
> (I hope nobody tries to unzip over Mozilla 1.7.x!)
no reason ;-)

Regards
Andreas Kohl
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Gregg Young-2
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> if you go to by builds webpage (see sig), and as usual reload the frame
> you will find new releases of all my unofficial Mozilla based programs
> (SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb). They are all built from exactly the
> same codebase so running the concurrently should not require Run!, all
> still require the libc05.dll from Innotek.
>
> Changes from previous releases:
> - Workaround fix for the attachment-related crashes, WPS objects are
>   still picked up using Rich's RWS code, (remote) icons are not (all)
> - Fixed slow display of ibsensoftware.com webpage (SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx)
> - Fix remaining SVG issues (PmW-Fx)
> - Fix scrollbarbutton display (PmW-Tb)
> - Perhaps fix LDAP autocomplete (SeaMonkey, PmW-Tb)
> - Installer EXE now also installs lxLite-compressed files (SeaMonkey)
> - merged ReadMe.* with README.txt, and changed it to include new
>   newsgroup name
> - security fixes and minor changes picked up with normal Mozilla.org
>   changes since the last releases.
>
> I also spent lots of time to create update packages for all ZIP build
> lovers that should work if you unzip them into the existing directory.
> (I hope nobody tries to unzip over Mozilla 1.7.x!)

Thank you! The update packages were very nice. I tried the
ibsensoftware.com web page seamonkey hangs with the page 2/3 loaded (use
to hang immediately). Had to kill seamonkey to continue. Tried new
profile with same result.

Gregg
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Andreas Kohl
In reply to this post by Andreas Kohl
Peter Weilbacher schrieb:

> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:16:46 UTC, Andreas Kohl wrote:
>
>> Peter Weilbacher schrieb:
>>> They are all built from exactly the
>>> same codebase so running the concurrently should not require Run!, all
>>> still require the libc05.dll from Innotek.
>> but I have problems running NVU concurrently.
>
> Well, NVU is based on a two year old codebase, you will always require
> Run! with that, until all apps are changed to run on the "XULRunner"
> backend.

OK.
>
>> Even when using run! or startup-script I got an error in MOZJS.DLL everytime.
>
> No idea, if you use nvu!l.exe or nvu!le.exe or something else with "l"
> it always works. If not you are on a very old system that doesn't
> support LIBPATHSTRICT.
>
But it worked in former times on this very old system and without run!
see here: http://mozilla.akohl.net/pic/zusammen.png
Is LIBPATHSTRICT supported by OS/2 Warp 4? But I can only use FP11 or FP12.

>> The HTML Composer from Seamonkey 1.0 doesn't handle german umlauts correctly.
>
> What does it do to them?
ä = ├ñ - Ä = ├ä
ö = ├ - Ö = ├û
ü = ├╝ - Ü = ├£

ß = ├ƒ

taken from a generated html source file

Thanks
Andreas Kohl
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Steve Wendt
Andreas Kohl wrote:

> Is LIBPATHSTRICT supported by OS/2 Warp 4? But I can only use FP11 or FP12.

I believe it was added in FixPak 13.
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Andreas Kohl
In reply to this post by Andreas Kohl
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:38:31 UTC, Andreas Kohl wrote:
>
>> But it worked in former times on this very old system and without run!
>> see here: http://mozilla.akohl.net/pic/zusammen.png
>
> If those are TB 1.0.x and FF 1.0.x running behind it, then you were
> lucky. All of them are based on the same 2 years old code, so they might
> run together.
>
>>>> The HTML Composer from Seamonkey 1.0 doesn't handle german umlauts correctly.
>>> What does it do to them?
>> ä = ñ - Ä = ä
>> ö = Â - Ö = û
>> ü =  - Ü = £
>>
>> ß = ƒ
>>
>> taken from a generated html source file
>
But it looks different here :-(
Problem 1 is the display of german umlauts
Problem 2 is the source file creation

> Urgs! I have never created a new file with it (but just tried it), and
> if you only edit existing files it works.

Ok, the display bug is gone in latest seamonkey from trunk. But the
created file is the same, arghh!

Thanks,
Andreas Kohl
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Gregg Young-2
In reply to this post by Gregg Young-2
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> Hmm, are you running at 24bit color depth? I didn't think about that but
> I am running at 16bit depth, that might make it somewhat quicker.
>
> If you are sure that you let ZIP replace all the files, especially
> components\imglib2.dll, then I don't know. I think I cannot do any
> better than what I did with the "fix" in this release,
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=167884 will always be
> there.

Yes I am running 24bit color. I checked and the new imglib2.dll is in
components. The page does load it takes about 6 minutes and is unusable
after it is loaded. Would using a hardware overlay like snap or warp
overlay help this problem? Again thanks for your efforts.

Gregg
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Andreas Kohl
In reply to this post by Andreas Kohl
Peter Weilbacher schrieb:
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:44:06 UTC, "Peter Weilbacher" wrote:
>
>> Urgs! I have never created a new file with it (but just tried it), and
>> if you only edit existing files it works.
>
> As a workaround, select the current system codepage (e.g. View ->
> Character Encoding -> More Encodings -> West European -> Western (IBM
> 850)) before you type any non-ASCII characters. That works here.

Great that works.

> Otherwise I can point you to existing cross-platform bugs. ;-)
>    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=317165
>    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=315533

It seems the composer saves 2 bytes per character.

Thanks
Andreas
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Mike Luther
In reply to this post by Andreas Kohl
Thanks again for your work Peter!

Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> if you go to by builds webpage (see sig), and as usual reload the frame
> you will find new releases of all my unofficial Mozilla based programs
> (SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb). They are all built from exactly the
> same codebase so running the concurrently should not require Run!, all
> still require the libc05.dll from Innotek.
>
> Changes from previous releases:
> - Workaround fix for the attachment-related crashes, WPS objects are
>   still picked up using Rich's RWS code, (remote) icons are not (all)
> - Fixed slow display of ibsensoftware.com webpage (SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx)
> - Fix remaining SVG issues (PmW-Fx)
> - Fix scrollbarbutton display (PmW-Tb)
> - Perhaps fix LDAP autocomplete (SeaMonkey, PmW-Tb)
> - Installer EXE now also installs lxLite-compressed files (SeaMonkey)
> - merged ReadMe.* with README.txt, and changed it to include new
>   newsgroup name
> - security fixes and minor changes picked up with normal Mozilla.org
>   changes since the last releases.
>
> I also spent lots of time to create update packages for all ZIP build
> lovers that should work if you unzip them into the existing directory.
> (I hope nobody tries to unzip over Mozilla 1.7.x!)
>  
I've downloaded the most recent per above.  I've now tested it and have
it working on some six different boxes.  All were 'replacemets' of MOZ
1.7.12 here.  It is deliberately in its custom directory as #:\MOZILLA.  
Procedure was simple.  Uninstall MOZILLA.  Then simply use the INSTALLER
version you supplied and customize the drive and path to the previous
#:\MOZILLA directory.  The 'over install' went perfectly on all six
boxes, opens and runs just fine with the old profile, as far as I can
tell for what I use here.


Second note.  Every one of these was with the 'corrected' Innotek Java
1.4.05 package we were discussing in another thread.  As someone posted
to you elsewhere about Innotek Java, there were release differences in
the files and if you have the JRE and the Developer Kit both installed,
there do seem to be differences in the files, despite that they have the
same file size.  This is an old issue, as far as I can tell, left from
over a year ago here.  With the current Java products for the install
and install_sdk that you get from Innotek, what I posted above for you
priceless work goes together as an INSTALLER operation without failure
seen so far on any box.


Posted from your new version of Seamonkey here.  Thank you.

--


--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Ilya Zakharevich
In reply to this post by Andreas Kohl
[A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to
Andreas Kohl
<[hidden email]>], who wrote in article <dso7fg$8ja$00$[hidden email]>:

> > No idea, if you use nvu!l.exe or nvu!le.exe or something else with "l" =
>
> > it always works. If not you are on a very old system that doesn't=20
> > support LIBPATHSTRICT.

> Is LIBPATHSTRICT supported by OS/2 Warp 4? But I can only use FP11 or FP1=
> 2.

AFAIK, kernel should be at or after September 2000.  There must be
some support from CMD.EXE too (otherwise one needs to change the
setting from CONFIG.SYS or C code only).

One can check for the CMD.EXE support by doing something like this:

  [J:\guests]set libpathstrict=TT

  [J:\guests]set libpathstrict
  LIBPATHSTRICT=T

You see that TT was magically converted to T.  The support is there...

Yours,
Ilya
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Andreas Kohl
Ilya Zakharevich schrieb:

> [A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to
> Andreas Kohl
> <[hidden email]>], who wrote in article <dso7fg$8ja$00$[hidden email]>:
>
>>> No idea, if you use nvu!l.exe or nvu!le.exe or something else with "l" =
>>> it always works. If not you are on a very old system that doesn't=20
>>> support LIBPATHSTRICT.
>
>> Is LIBPATHSTRICT supported by OS/2 Warp 4? But I can only use FP11 or FP1=
>> 2.
>
> AFAIK, kernel should be at or after September 2000.  There must be
> some support from CMD.EXE too (otherwise one needs to change the
> setting from CONFIG.SYS or C code only).
>
Sounds better to me.
> One can check for the CMD.EXE support by doing something like this:
>
>   [J:\guests]set libpathstrict=TT
>
>   [J:\guests]set libpathstrict
>   LIBPATHSTRICT=T
>
Kernel 8.264 (99/01/28) with CMD.EXE (99/02/22) returns: (null)
Kernel 8.266 (99/10/14) with CMD.EXE (00/01/07) returns: TT
The files are from the latest german fixpaks.
Any chance to get LIBPATHSTRICT support for Warp Server Advanced or Warp
Connect by changing kernel and cmd.exe?

> You see that TT was magically converted to T.  The support is there...
>
No problem with WSEB.

> Yours,
> Ilya

Thanks,
Andreas
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Mike Luther
In reply to this post by Mike Luther
See why I reply, grin?

Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:20:11 UTC, Mike Luther wrote:
>
>  
> Hi Mike,
>
> nice to hear that everything worked as it should. :-) You didn't mention
> that you updated ipluginw to the 20050915 version but as it works I
> assume that you did.
>
>  

As a matter of fact, I did not!  I just looked in all the MOZ
directories that are here at this position.  Date of IPLUGINW.DLL is
11-04-04 at 10:53am.  It is working as noted everywhere for what I use
of this.  Now what?  I have the WPI installer for the other one here.  
What do I do next, close down Seamonk and run the WPI to update this?


Inquiring mind wants to know!


--


--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Rev. Dr. Philip Griffin-Allwood
In reply to this post by Andreas Kohl
Monday, February 13, 2006

Hi Peter!

I installed and ran PmW-Fx with good result.  The load delays have
vanished.  All my extensions appear tor work using the Profile shared
with Firefox including SpellBound and MAF (or at least as well as MAF
0.6.3 works under OS/2).

Phil

========================

(Rev.) Philip G. A. Griffin-Allwood, Ph.D.
Chaplain
Mount Allison University
Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www.mta.ca/chapel
(506) 364-2227
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Mike Luther
In reply to this post by Mike Luther
More advice needed beyond my first post back to you!

Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> nice to hear that everything worked as it should. :-) You didn't mention
> that you updated ipluginw to the 20050915 version but as it works I
> assume that you did.
>  

I tried to install the ipluginw20050915.xpi that was already here on one
non-critical box for research in advance of your answer.  No matter what
I do with Warpin 1.8 here, it tells me there is a bad header in it.  
Well, I logged in to the Innotek site and got a fresh copy from it.  
Same error report.  Now what?

Inquiring mind needs to know more!


--


--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Franz Bakan
Mike Luther wrote:
>
> I tried to install the ipluginw20050915.xpi that was already here on one
> non-critical box for research in advance of your answer.  No matter what
> I do with Warpin 1.8 here, it tells me there is a bad header in it.

that's not a file for warpin! Just drop it into seamonkey-window.

Franz
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Mike Luther
Master dumbo here.

Franz Bakan wrote:

> Mike Luther wrote:
>>
>> I tried to install the ipluginw20050915.xpi that was already here on
>> one non-critical box for research in advance of your answer.  No
>> matter what I do with Warpin 1.8 here, it tells me there is a bad
>> header in it.
>
> that's not a file for warpin! Just drop it into seamonkey-window.
>
> Franz
How do I 'drop' a file into Seamonkey window?  I'm a command line aged
puppy dog and the only thing I've ever dropped I can recall is new
Icon's in the WPS folders from time to time!


Woof?


--


--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Franz Bakan
Mike Luther wrote:
> How do I 'drop' a file into Seamonkey window?  I'm a command line aged
> puppy dog and the only thing I've ever dropped I can recall is new
> Icon's in the WPS folders from time to time!

Exactly like this! You also can use file open ... (of seamonkey-browser)

Franz
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Mike Luther
OK .. and now?

Franz Bakan wrote:
> Mike Luther wrote:
>> How do I 'drop' a file into Seamonkey window?  I'm a command line
>> aged puppy dog and the only thing I've ever dropped I can recall is
>> new Icon's in the WPS folders from time to time!
>
> Exactly like this! You also can use file open ... (of seamonkey-browser)
>
> Franz
Thanks Franz .. I 'opened' it with the file open of the
Seamonkey-browser.  It blinked for a moment. Then simply went back to
screen-whatever.  Looking in the installed directory, which in my case
is #:\mozilla\components, all I see in there is the ipluginw.dll of
11-04-04 at 10:53am.  So what did this create or accomplish for what we
did?

Thanks..

--


--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Mike Luther
In reply to this post by Franz Bakan
SHould have read the thread by Will Hartzell first!

Franz Bakan wrote:
> Mike Luther wrote:
>> How do I 'drop' a file into Seamonkey window?  I'm a command line
>> aged puppy dog and the only thing I've ever dropped I can recall is
>> new Icon's in the WPS folders from time to time!
>
> Exactly like this! You also can use file open ... (of seamonkey-browser)
>
> Franz

OK, per what Will Hartzell posted, you have to enable software
installation first.  I did that.  Then opened the 'file' as you
suggested.  Then I got the window asking for permission to install
something.  I told it to install.  It apparently re-wrote the .dll in
the components directory and now it carries a date of 11-04-05 at
8:22am.  So this 'worked'.  


Now, what have I done with this?  What does this 'fix' or 'enable', and
that be needed if the installer didn't catch this during the install of
this version of Seamonk?  What wouldn't have worked, or, if I had never
installed Seamonkey before, what would have happened here?  Would the
installer have failed?



Thanks.

--


--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Andy Willis-2
Mike Luther wrote:

> OK, per what Will Hartzell posted, you have to enable software
> installation first.  I did that.  Then opened the 'file' as you
> suggested.  Then I got the window asking for permission to install
> something.  I told it to install.  It apparently re-wrote the .dll in
> the components directory and now it carries a date of 11-04-05 at
> 8:22am.  So this 'worked'.
>
> Now, what have I done with this?  What does this 'fix' or 'enable', and
> that be needed if the installer didn't catch this during the install of
> this version of Seamonk?  What wouldn't have worked, or, if I had never
> installed Seamonkey before, what would have happened here?  Would the
> installer have failed?

The ipluginw allows use of plugins that are expecting the VAC compiler
dlls (required after the change from the VAC compiler to the GCC
compiler).  The new one is required after some changes to the Mozilla
code broke the previous one.  The plugins I can name are the JAVA
plugins and maybe the Flash 7 (don't recall for certain on it).  The
JAVA plugins would be listed under about:plugins but they would not work
(same for any plugin that required it).
Andy
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updates of unofficial SeaMonkey, PmW-Fx, and PmW-Tb

Mike Luther
Thanks Andy

Andy Willis wrote:
>
> The ipluginw allows use of plugins that are expecting the VAC compiler
> dlls (required after the change from the VAC compiler to the GCC
> compiler).  The new one is required after some changes to the Mozilla
> code broke the previous one.  The plugins I can name are the JAVA
> plugins and maybe the Flash 7 (don't recall for certain on it).  The
> JAVA plugins would be listed under about:plugins but they would not
> work (same for any plugin that required it).
> Andy
That now makes sense about what I've been reading for Flash 7 that
doesn't work and so on.  I've got Flash 5 installed here from long ago.  
But I apparently don't visit sites which are a problem here, or I'd be
more up to speed on all this.  I'll go ahead and update all the other
boxes now to what was so graciously offered me here!

Thanks!

--


--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
12