Re: Tell Firefox how big my 'window' is?

Re: Tell Firefox how big my 'window' is?

gwtc
Evan Platt wrote:

> I use Win XP on my home computer and laptop, and at work RDC in.
>
> My laptop is 1.5 widescreen (only thing I can think of that would
> cause this issue). So when I RDC in, I use full screen. And when I
> come back home, Firefox (1.5) still 'thinks' I'm 1.5. So basically
> some parts of the right hand of the screen are off the screen.
>
> I can generally close firefox and reopen it and it's then fine. But
> sometimes it does it randomly.
>
> I can usually unmaximize Firefox, then move around the side borders a
> bit (just randomly move them back and forth), then remaximize it to
> full screen and it's fine.
>
> So is there a way to 'force' a screen width? Maybe I'm not searching
> right so I'm not finding an answer.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Evan
I'm not sure but I think you can set a width and height.

Do a right click on the icon you use to start FF, and at the end of
the Target line add a space then a dash then the word width and a
space and the number you want.  For example:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox new\firefox.exe" -width 800

Yours will look similar to that.

For height just change the word width for height.

You can find more info here:
http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html

Re: Tell Firefox how big my 'window' is?

Leonidas Jones
Evan Platt wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:22:37 -0800, gwtc
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Do a right click on the icon you use to start FF, and at the end of
>> the Target line add a space then a dash then the word width and a
>> space and the number you want.  For example:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox new\firefox.exe" -width 800
>>
>> Yours will look similar to that.
>>
>> For height just change the word width for height.
>>
>> You can find more info here:
>> http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html
>
> Problem is I generally start firefox with start, run, Firefox <Enter>
> :)
>
> I'll take a look at that link though, thanks. :)

You can right click on the Start menu properties just like a desktop
shortcut.

Lee

Re: Tell Firefox how big my 'window' is?

Ron Hunter
Evan Platt wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:56:49 -0500, Leonidas Jones <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> You can right click on the Start menu properties just like a desktop
>> shortcut.
>
> Well, no.. I was just typing Firefox in the run box. I now created a
> start menu shortcut for it:
>
> My resolution is 1024x768. Even at 768 or 600, I don't see the right
> hand vertical scroll bars. I do see the right hand side of the
> browser, on all pages.
>
> Examples are at
> http://www.espphotography.com/firefox1.jpg
> http://www.espphotography.com/firefox2.jpg
>
> Craigslist shows the bars, the mozilla page doesn't.
>
> And you can see the google toolbar is partially cut off on the firefox
> page.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Evan
Check the dpi setting on the properties/settings/advanced dialog.  Set
it for 96 and see if that helps.