Re: System Administrator.

defaria
On 04/05/2012 08:27 AM, Shyam Mani wrote:
Folks, please ignore this message. This seems to be a scam message, that link isn't going to google if you notice carefully. Please don't click on it, I'm not sure how this got through spamassassin to the groups.

Actually I did look it over carefully and it is indeed going to google - docs.google.com to be precise. It also has a properly signed SSL cert. How do you figure "the link isn't going to google"?
--
Andrew DeFaria
Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them? Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them while they delivered the mail?

Re: System Administrator.

Shyam Mani-4
Interesting. I only noticed the monroecountywv.net part of the URL and didn't bother to check further.

--
Shyam Mani
Systems Administrator

> On 04/05/2012 08:27 AM, Shyam Mani wrote:
>
> Folks, please ignore this message. This seems to be a scam message,
> that link isn't going to google if you notice carefully. Please
> don't click on it, I'm not sure how this got through spamassassin to
> the groups. Actually I did look it over carefully and it is indeed
> going to google - docs.google.com to be precise. It also has a
> properly signed SSL cert. How do you figure "the link isn't going to
> google"?
>
> --
> Andrew DeFaria
> Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are
> we supposed to do, write to them? Why don't they just put their
> pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them
> while they delivered the mail?

Re: System Administrator.

Jay Garcia
On 05.04.2012 10:31, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> On 04/05/2012 08:27 AM, Shyam Mani wrote:
>> Folks, please ignore this message. This seems to be a scam message, that link isn't going to google if you notice carefully. Please don't click on it, I'm not sure how this got through spamassassin to the groups.
>>
> Actually I did look it over carefully and it is indeed going to google -
> docs.google.com to be precise. It also has a properly signed SSL cert. How do
> you figure "the link isn't going to google"?
> --
> Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
> Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we
> supposed to do, write to them? Why don't they just put their pictures on the
> postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them while they delivered the mail?

Yes, it does go to Google but if you notice the monroecountywv.net in
the URL, that's where the scam form resides. It has already been
reported to Monroe County, WV.

--
Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/

Re: System Administrator.

Jay Garcia
On 05.04.2012 10:31, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> On 04/05/2012 08:27 AM, Shyam Mani wrote:
>> Folks, please ignore this message. This seems to be a scam message, that link isn't going to google if you notice carefully. Please don't click on it, I'm not sure how this got through spamassassin to the groups.
>>
> Actually I did look it over carefully and it is indeed going to google -
> docs.google.com to be precise. It also has a properly signed SSL cert. How do
> you figure "the link isn't going to google"?
> --
> Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
> Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we
> supposed to do, write to them? Why don't they just put their pictures on the
> postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them while they delivered the mail?

And what is also interesting is that monroecountywv.net gets a "Server
Not Found" message. Haven't had the time to investigate but
nevertheless, a scam.

--
Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/
Mozilla Mozillian Member - www.mozillians.org

Re: System Administrator.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Jay Garcia wrote:

> Andrew DeFaria discharged some HTML:
>> Shyam Mani wrote:
>>> Folks, please ignore this message. This seems to be a scam message,
>>> that link isn't going to google if you notice carefully. Please don't
>>> click on it, I'm not sure how this got through spamassassin to the
>>> groups.
>>>
>> Actually I did look it over carefully and it is indeed going to google
>> - docs.google.com to be precise. It also has a properly signed SSL
>> cert. How do you figure "the link isn't going to google"?
>
> And what is also interesting is that monroecountywv.net gets a "Server
> Not Found" message. Haven't had the time to investigate but
> nevertheless, a scam.

It is currently not working, but is a legitimate, registered domain.

Registrant:
   WVVA.net Inc.
   PO Box 135
   405 Virginia Avenue
   Rich Creek, Virginia 24147
   United States

   Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: MONROECOUNTYWV.NET
      Created on: 10-Aug-06
      Expires on: 11-Aug-16
      Last Updated on: 10-Aug-06

--
   -bts

Re: System Administrator.

Jay Garcia
On 05.04.2012 11:08, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> Actually I did look it over carefully and it is indeed going to google
>>> - docs.google.com to be precise. It also has a properly signed SSL
>>> cert. How do you figure "the link isn't going to google"?
>>
>> And what is also interesting is that monroecountywv.net gets a "Server
>> Not Found" message. Haven't had the time to investigate but
>> nevertheless, a scam.
>
> It is currently not working, but is a legitimate, registered domain.
>
> Registrant:
>    WVVA.net Inc.
>    PO Box 135
>    405 Virginia Avenue
>    Rich Creek, Virginia 24147
>    United States
>
>    Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
>    Domain Name: MONROECOUNTYWV.NET
>       Created on: 10-Aug-06
>       Expires on: 11-Aug-16
>       Last Updated on: 10-Aug-06

I have already determined that, thanks. Curious is why use that
particular server in the link.