Re: Seamonkey profile

Christer Jacobsson
[hidden email] wrote:
> ** Reply to note from [hidden email] Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:00:07 +0000

As Salaam Aleikum!

>> 1. Creating a new profile for SMPmW118 (Christer Jacobsson)
>>
>> The profile She uses now is faulty, first it can't be changed and  secondly, processing
>> email, for example deleting file attaches from  outgoing emails (She shares music files
>> with a friend) is nearly  impossible and IF the process succeds it's logey as hell. So She
>> want to  create a new fresh profile for SM, but to do that She has to have the  current
>> profile visible. So how does She accomplish this? As She  understands She have to open a
>> second instance of SM with some parameter  so it will enter the Profile Manager mode, but
>> what is this parameter,  and how do I do so that two instances of SMPmW118 are open
>> simultaneously?
>
>  Start your .exe file with parameter: -ProfileManager

Ok, so the new profile is created, how do She get the Mail and News
folders to the new profile? Just a simple Copy or Move them to the new
location? In the current file there exist three files namely

<$quote>

78476851.s
78476851.w
90820967.s

</$quote>

What does these contains? Passwords, form data or what? And in what file
is the Personal Adress Book store so She can copy that over to the
spanking new profile? And lastly, how does She do to preserve the column
organization She now have in the flawed profile and which She wants to
have in the new profile too? And what char settings is best to use
regarding the Swedish alphabets three tail-end charcters namely 'Åå',
'Ää' and 'Öö'? Currently She uses the UTF-8 settings in the Prefs notebook.

Cul8er alligator
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
--
/GAIA (Insulin User - 21th Anniversary :-)  Ex-wife deceased :-(
        Team OS/2      e-mail:  [hidden email] (Primary)

Re: Seamonkey profile

Dave Yeo-3
Hi Christer, did you ever update your computer?

Christer Jacobsson wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> ** Reply to note from [hidden email] Wed, 22
>> Feb 2017 12:00:07 +0000
>>>

> As Salaam Aleikum!
>
>>> 1. Creating a new profile for SMPmW118 (Christer Jacobsson)
>>>   The profile She uses now is faulty, first it can't be changed and
>>> secondly, processing
>>> email, for example deleting file attaches from  outgoing emails (She
>>> shares music files
>>> with a friend) is nearly  impossible and IF the process succeds it's
>>> logey as hell. So She
>>> want to  create a new fresh profile for SM, but to do that She has to
>>> have the  current
>>> profile visible. So how does She accomplish this? As She  understands
>>> She have to open a
>>> second instance of SM with some parameter  so it will enter the
>>> Profile Manager mode, but
>>> what is this parameter,  and how do I do so that two instances of
>>> SMPmW118 are open
>>> simultaneously?
>>     Start your .exe file with parameter: -ProfileManager
>>

> Ok, so the new profile is created, how do She get the Mail and News
> folders to the new profile? Just a simple Copy or Move them to the new
> location? In the current file there exist three files namely
>
> <$quote>
>
> 78476851.s
> 78476851.w
> 90820967.s
>
> </$quote>
>
> What does these contains? Passwords, form data or what? And in what file
> is the Personal Adress Book store so She can copy that over to the
> spanking new profile? And lastly, how does She do to preserve the column
> organization She now have in the flawed profile and which She wants to
> have in the new profile too? And what char settings is best to use
> regarding the Swedish alphabets three tail-end charcters namely 'Åå',
> 'Ää' and 'Öö'? Currently She uses the UTF-8 settings in the Prefs notebook.

The problem is that it is so long that I've used SM 1.18 that I've
forgotten a lot of this stuff. You can try the directions at
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#transferring but really it is for
newer SeaMonkey. Just make sure you have a good backup before starting.
You might be able to start SeaMonkey with seamonkey.exe -no-remote
-profilemanager twice, once with your old profile and once with your new
profile and drag the mail folders from your old profile to new one. Some
of the stuff you're going to have to recreate and I believe there was a
way to move the old encrypted passwords but I've long forgot.
Sorry for not being much help
Dave