Re: Seamonkey 1.1.9 gets glacially slow after opening JS debugger

Re: Seamonkey 1.1.9 gets glacially slow after opening JS debugger

Peter Weilbacher
On 25.06.2008 20:47, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
> As the subject, I have Seamonkey 1.1.9 running and accidentally opened the Tools
> -> Web Development -> JavaScript Debugger option. It locked up SM for about a
> minute and then successfully started the JS debugger (which surprised me, but
> thank you). I closed it down as soon as it started but half my web pages are now
> taking minutes to repaint after hitting the back button in the browser. CPU
> Monitor shows the CPU usage using one of my two CPUs at 100%.

Hmm, it doesn't happen to me. I take it that you have tried to at least
restart SeaMonkey afterwards (and perhaps also reboot the system)?
I have no idea what could be causing either the initial delay when
starting the JS Debugger nor the subsequent slowness when loading pages.
AFAIK that tool doesn't have platform specific parts, so this might not
be tied to OS/2.

I'm cross-posting this to mozilla.dev.apps.js-debugger to get input from
people who actually know that tool.
--
Please                      Enhanced OS/2 builds of Mozilla applications
reply in                                    http://pmw-warpzilla.sf.net/

Re: Seamonkey 1.1.9 gets glacially slow after opening JS debugger

Trevor Hemsley-2
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 06:12:00 UTC in mozilla.dev.ports.os2, Peter Weilbacher
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25.06.2008 20:47, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
> > As the subject, I have Seamonkey 1.1.9 running and accidentally opened the Tools
> > -> Web Development -> JavaScript Debugger option. It locked up SM for about a
> > minute and then successfully started the JS debugger (which surprised me, but
> > thank you). I closed it down as soon as it started but half my web pages are now
> > taking minutes to repaint after hitting the back button in the browser. CPU
> > Monitor shows the CPU usage using one of my two CPUs at 100%.
>
> Hmm, it doesn't happen to me. I take it that you have tried to at least
> restart SeaMonkey afterwards (and perhaps also reboot the system)?
> I have no idea what could be causing either the initial delay when
> starting the JS Debugger nor the subsequent slowness when loading pages.
> AFAIK that tool doesn't have platform specific parts, so this might not
> be tied to OS/2.
>
> I'm cross-posting this to mozilla.dev.apps.js-debugger to get input from
> people who actually know that tool.

The behaviour stopped after a stop/start of Seamonkey and is now back to normal.
I'm reluctant to try it again because I've only just got my 11 tabs back open
:-)

--
Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com