Re: SeaMonkey + Firefox installation on same PC = conflicts?

Re: SeaMonkey + Firefox installation on same PC = conflicts?

Daniel-257
George Carden wrote:

> WLS wrote:
>> On 08/05/2012 04:45 PM, George Carden wrote:
>>> I am wanting to install a totally independent version of an older
>>> Firefox browser in order to be able to use extensions that are
>>> incompatible with SeaMonkey V 2.11 (such as Greasemonkey) for a handful
>>> of tasks. (IE: I want to wipe my Facebook wall clean, and I need
>>> Greasemonkey to do this with the app I think I want to use;
>>> http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/97794 )
>>>
>>> Is there anything I should be aware of as for fouling up my SeaMonkey by
>>> doing this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> George
>>
>> SeaMonkey and Firefox are totally separate applications, and use totally
>> separate profiles, so you should have no problems.
>>
>> Always backup your profile as a precaution.
>>

> Awesome, WLS. I grew up listening to you back in the 70s. LOL!  Thanks...

O.K., what were you doing "back in the 70s", WLS, that George might be
able to recognise you from??

--
Daniel

Re: SeaMonkey + Firefox installation on same PC = conflicts?

WaltS-3
On 08/06/2012 07:03 AM, Daniel wrote:

> George Carden wrote:
>> WLS wrote:

>>> SeaMonkey and Firefox are totally separate applications, and use totally
>>> separate profiles, so you should have no problems.
>>>
>>> Always backup your profile as a precaution.
>>>

>> Awesome, WLS. I grew up listening to you back in the 70s. LOL!  Thanks...
>
> O.K., what were you doing "back in the 70s", WLS, that George might be
> able to recognise you from??

WLS is an AM radio station in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I also would tune
it in on clear late nights, and listen to it in Buffalo, NY, along with
a few others that had strong signals.

All the good AM radio stations are gone now.

--
Kernel Linux 3.4.6-2.fc17.x86_64
GNOME 3.4.2

WLS wrote:

> On 08/06/2012 07:03 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> George Carden wrote:

>>> Awesome, WLS. I grew up listening to you back in the 70s. LOL!  Thanks...
>>
>> O.K., what were you doing "back in the 70s", WLS, that George might be
>> able to recognise you from??
>>

> WLS is an AM radio station in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I also would tune
> it in on clear late nights, and listen to it in Buffalo, NY, along with
> a few others that had strong signals.
>
> All the good AM radio stations are gone now.

but don't all your TV and Radio stations have four letter callsigns,
Kxxx for TV and Wxxx for Radio??

--
Daniel

Re: SeaMonkey + Firefox installation on same PC = conflicts?

RAV-2
On 8/7/2012 6:23 AM, Daniel wrote:

> WLS wrote:

>>> O.K., what were you doing "back in the 70s", WLS, that George might be
>>> able to recognise you from??
>>>

>> WLS is an AM radio station in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I also would tune
>> it in on clear late nights, and listen to it in Buffalo, NY, along with
>> a few others that had strong signals.
>>
>> All the good AM radio stations are gone now.
>>

> but don't all your TV and Radio stations have four letter callsigns,
> Kxxx for TV and Wxxx for Radio??

Not always.  For example, WOR in New York (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOR_%28AM%29).  TV stations in the east
mostly start with W, those in the west mostly start with K.  There's a
long history.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_sign#North_America
under the North America section.

On 08/07/2012 06:23 AM, Daniel wrote:

> WLS wrote:

>>> O.K., what were you doing "back in the 70s", WLS, that George might be
>>> able to recognise you from??
>>>

>> WLS is an AM radio station in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I also would tune
>> it in on clear late nights, and listen to it in Buffalo, NY, along with
>> a few others that had strong signals.
>>
>> All the good AM radio stations are gone now.
>>

> but don't all your TV and Radio stations have four letter callsigns,
> Kxxx for TV and Wxxx for Radio??

Nope

--
Fedora 17 | GNOME 3.4.2 | Thunderbird Earlybird

Re: SeaMonkey + Firefox installation on same PC = conflicts?

Ron Hunter
On 8/7/2012 5:23 AM, Daniel wrote:

> WLS wrote:

>>> O.K., what were you doing "back in the 70s", WLS, that George might be
>>> able to recognise you from??
>>>

>> WLS is an AM radio station in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I also would tune
>> it in on clear late nights, and listen to it in Buffalo, NY, along with
>> a few others that had strong signals.
>>
>> All the good AM radio stations are gone now.
>>

> but don't all your TV and Radio stations have four letter callsigns,
> Kxxx for TV and Wxxx for Radio??

Four letters, yes, but old radio stations that moved to TV, or have
both, sometimes have the W.  A local station WBAP, is a good example.

Re: SeaMonkey + Firefox installation on same PC = conflicts?

Sailfish-2
8/7/2012 5:59 PM:

> On 8/7/2012 5:23 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> WLS wrote:

>>> WLS is an AM radio station in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I also would tune
>>> it in on clear late nights, and listen to it in Buffalo, NY, along with
>>> a few others that had strong signals.
>>>
>>> All the good AM radio stations are gone now.
>>>

>> but don't all your TV and Radio stations have four letter callsigns,
>> Kxxx for TV and Wxxx for Radio??
>>
> Four letters, yes, but old radio stations that moved to TV, or have
> both, sometimes have the W.  A local station WBAP, is a good example.

As I recall, the first letter was regional in nature, too. Eastern
stations had the "W" whereas, Western states had the "K" (there may have
been others, too, for the central states but I'm unaware of them?)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

On 8/7/2012 8:09 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
> 8/7/2012 5:59 PM:

>>> but don't all your TV and Radio stations have four letter callsigns,
>>> Kxxx for TV and Wxxx for Radio??
>>>
>> Four letters, yes, but old radio stations that moved to TV, or have
>> both, sometimes have the W.  A local station WBAP, is a good example.
>>
> As I recall, the first letter was regional in nature, too. Eastern
> stations had the "W" whereas, Western states had the "K" (there may have
> been others, too, for the central states but I'm unaware of them?)

Well, Texas is about as 'central as you get, and we have some Ws, and
some Ks.  I think it has to do with when the license was issued as well.

Rav wrote:

> On 8/7/2012 6:23 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> WLS wrote:

>>> WLS is an AM radio station in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I also would tune
>>> it in on clear late nights, and listen to it in Buffalo, NY, along with
>>> a few others that had strong signals.
>>>
>>> All the good AM radio stations are gone now.
>>>

>> but don't all your TV and Radio stations have four letter callsigns,
>> Kxxx for TV and Wxxx for Radio??
>>

> Not always.  For example, WOR in New York (see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOR_%28AM%29).  TV stations in the east
> mostly start with W, those in the west mostly start with K.  There's a
> long history.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_sign#North_America
> under the North America section.

the first letter generally is K for stations west of the Mississippi
River and W for those east of the Mississippi
End Quote.

Wouldn't it seem to make more sense if the station West of the
Mississippi began with W??

--
Daniel

WLS wrote:

> On 08/07/2012 06:23 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> WLS wrote:

>>> WLS is an AM radio station in Chicago, Illinois, USA. I also would tune
>>> it in on clear late nights, and listen to it in Buffalo, NY, along with
>>> a few others that had strong signals.
>>>
>>> All the good AM radio stations are gone now.
>>>

>> but don't all your TV and Radio stations have four letter callsigns,
>> Kxxx for TV and Wxxx for Radio??
>>

> Nope

Concise and to the point!!

--
Daniel

Re: SeaMonkey + Firefox installation on same PC = conflicts?

A Williams-2

Maybe this?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WLS_%28AM%29

A Williams wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> George Carden wrote:

>>> Awesome, WLS. I grew up listening to you back in the 70s. LOL!
>>> Thanks...
>>
>> O.K., what were you doing "back in the 70s", WLS, that George might be
>> able to recognise you from??
>>

> Maybe this?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WLS_%28AM%29

Yeap!! BTDT!!

--